New Grower First Time Auto Growing Need Help!

Though we don't deal with the continuous heat like you guys do, I have dealt with some stretches of 100-110F while plants are still in pots. I found suitable sizes cardboard boxes with a slit cut to fit around that main stalk worked well for shading the pots from overheating.

Stealth - Some guys have used various plastic flowers to disguise the plant, and some of the pics i saw were quite convincing!! Other guys have carefully cut the serrations off many leaves to disguise their plants. Never tried these techniques personally, so take the serration trim with a grain of salt.

After 24 hrs I would either transfer to pots or my preffered method paper towel in a Ziploc container . I usually don't soak anymore straight to the Paper lol.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Thats my plan. The paper towel method seems easy enough but i did not include them in my preparation so most likely straight into pots after around 24 hours. I feel that it would have at least shown some minimal tap root so that i can point them downward when planting. Dont wanna be making an upside down mistake.

If they dont show anything after 24hr, will consider paper towel. About 12 more hours to go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though we don't deal with the continuous heat like you guys do, I have dealt with some stretches of 100-110F while plants are still in pots. I found suitable sizes cardboard boxes with a slit cut to fit around that main stalk worked well for shading the pots from overheating.

Stealth - Some guys have used various plastic flowers to disguise the plant, and some of the pics i saw were quite convincing!! Other guys have carefully cut the serrations off many leaves to disguise their plants. Never tried these techniques personally, so take the serration trim with a grain of salt.
That is a genius idea. With the cardboard boxes

You have NO idea how grateful I am to them and to you, dear @912GreenSkell.

When I read around AFN, I see u guys helping so many others and still make time for me. Even if this whole thing fails miserably, I will never forget the help and support from all of u guys!

Thanks again!

I kind of felt like a bit of a jerk because i haven't been around much to help you out, especially after reading half through the thread and seeing you tagged me(darn alerts!!). Thanks again to island, hecno and maria...you guys rock.

We will all help . Sometimes it may take a day to get back around but we will make it here . Don't worry bro .

Thats my plan. The paper towel method seems easy enough but i did not include them in my preparation so most likely straight into pots after around 24 hours. I feel that it would have at least shown some minimal tap root so that i can point them downward when planting. Dont wanna be making an upside down mistake.

If they dont show anything after 24hr, will consider paper towel. About 12 more hours to go...

That is how i germ, using damp paper towel in a ziploc bag. I let them crack their shell(24-48 hours depending on seed age, strain, and temperature) and carefully put them in a 3/8" hole in my presoaked medium(presoak the day i start the germ process).

This makes me think. Do we protect the soil, stem, stalks, leaves etc from heat or is there a particularly important place to protect?

I will put a dome (Top part of bottled water bottle cut out and lid removed) when i plant the seed for a week to 10 days perhaps? Or post pics here to get opinions from u guys?

You could also increase the effect by taping white paper on the outside of the box to increase reflection and reduce sunlight absorption.
And get better under lighting tape Mylar hahaha I like the way we think. Weedguyver. The ingenuity of a stoner .

This makes me think. Do we protect the soil, stem, stalks, leaves etc from heat or is there a particularly important place to protect?

I will put a dome (Top part of bottled water bottle cut out and lid removed) when i plant the seed for a week to 10 days perhaps? Or post pics here to get opinions from u guys?

The most important thing is that the roots are not over heating. I have seen plants with cooking roots and they take it quite hard!! Usually in our midsummer it can get hot..lots of day it can be 100F, ground planted strains show very minimal negative impact.

How is your average relative humidity during the early seedling stage?

Back