New Grower First Time Auto Growing Need Help!

This makes me think. Do we protect the soil, stem, stalks, leaves etc from heat or is there a particularly important place to protect?

I will put a dome (Top part of bottled water bottle cut out and lid removed) when i plant the seed for a week to 10 days perhaps? Or post pics here to get opinions from u guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leave it straight up in the sun when popped it will survive just make sure the soil around it stays moist. I have grown in straight sun from it saw the light with no problems . But it would do well to be able to veg a little longer. We don't have 100 degree temps where I am . Advantage of the "tradewinds". Highest maybe 86. May feel like 100 though

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

I kind of felt like a bit of a jerk because i haven't been around much to help you out, especially after reading half through the thread and seeing you tagged me(darn alerts!!). Thanks again to island, hecno and maria...you guys rock.

Ohh buddy....i never think like that. If u remember, i once wrote that I fully understand no one is obligated to help me! And that is really the truth! That is one of the principles that i live by! It really makes u appreciate all the good things and ppl around u!

Every drop of kindness means a lot to me! A second of your time spent on me is always worth more than gold to me!

Thanks bud!

And get better under lighting tape Mylar hahaha I like the way we think. Weedguyver. The ingenuity of a stoner .

I once used a piece of aluminum folded into a U shape to see how the underformed bud would react with a reflective shield to bounce the rays back under the canopy...worked well!! Ahh the things mad scientists try!! ;) :D

Leave it straight up in the sun when popped it will survive just make sure the soil around it stays moist. I have grown in straight sun from it saw the light with no problems . But it would do well to be able to veg a little longer. We don't have 100 degree temps where I am . Advantage of the "tradewinds". Highest maybe 86. May feel like 100 though

Oh really!! Just goes to show how much of a varied climate we can all be in!! Our climate is crazy all over the place...i flirt with a bit of everything except for coastal patterns like hurricanes and monsoons. Hail, heat, cold, tornadoes, frost in june and sept are all a constant possibility. Ahh good times!! :D

Ohh buddy....i never think like that. If u remember, i once wrote that I fully understand no one is obligated to help me! And that is really the truth! That is one of the principles that i live by! It really makes u appreciate all the good things and ppl around u!

Every drop of kindness means a lot to me! A second of your time spent on me is always worth more than gold to me!

Thanks bud!

I always try to help out every outdoor grower that i meet, as much as I can!!

The most important thing is that the roots are not over heating. I have seen plants with cooking roots and they take it quite hard!! Usually in our midsummer it can get hot..lots of day it can be 100F, ground planted strains show very minimal negative impact.

How is your average relative humidity during the early seedling stage?

Humidity is not likely to be a problem in seed to veg stage cos its high! On sunny days can be late 50s to 70+. Rainy days can reach 91%. This is why i added neem cake powder to soil but not much. Im particularly concerned with flowering stages and drying (If i even get that far!) cos molds, fungus and bud rot are very possible in my climate. Also bought neem oil spay and organic pesticide.

Temps are also a concern but should be ok? Cos its on a balcony with extended roof and only gets 5-6 hours of morning to afternoon light. It does get hot above 35C pretty much any non rainy day but not for long as cooler evening winds will follow and thats when I'll put them on lights on the same balcony. Have a boltless rack set up and the lights hanging on them. The lights are fitted into a DIY 4ply wood box. 130cm x 60cm x 12cm with 4 x 4ft 36W T8 fluoro with basic aluminum reflectors. Alternating cool and warm colors with the 4 fluoros.

Humidity is not likely to be a problem in seed to veg stage cos its high! On sunny days can be late 50s to 70+. Rainy days can reach 91%. This is why i added neem cake powder to soil but not much. Im particularly concerned with flowering stages and drying (If i even get that far!) cos molds, fungus and bud rot are very possible in my climate. Also bought neem oil spay and organic pesticide.

Temps are also a concern but should be ok? Cos its on a balcony with extended roof and only gets 5-6 hours of morning to afternoon light. It does get hot above 35C pretty much any non rainy day but not for long as cooler evening winds will follow and thats when I'll put them on lights on the same balcony. Have a boltless rack set up and the lights hanging on them. The lights are fitted into a DIY 4ply wood box. 130cm x 60cm x 12cm with 4 x 4ft 36W T8 fluoro with basic aluminum reflectors. Alternating cool and warm colors with the 4 fluoros.

Sounds to me like half ways across the world is pretty close to our climate at the 45th in cannada!! I swear last year after planting outdoors on day 20 the plants never saw humidity under 65%. We had a very rainy season last year and it rained 35 of the first 45 days after i planted outside. Even in drought years humidity is something i deal with in bounds. There can be no clouds in the sky and yet the RH will be 60% at best, thanks to close proximity giant bodies of water releasing surface evaporation. The hotter it is, the more humid it is.

Will the plants be getting high circulation from high winds? If not, a fan constantly blowing across them could be a benefit, in the box and out.

Okay so based on the RH% i would not cover the young seedlings.

Ah interesting setup!! Don't see T-8's in action very often anymore!! I grew with T-8's as vegetative lights for photoperiod plants and almost 2 decades! One thing about them is their useful range is very shallow, so you will want to have the buds as close as possible to the lights without burning them. 1-4" is ideal. If you train the plants horizontally you can maximize the effect. If you get outside of hmm,, iirc i think 8" the light will have minimal effect.

I would think that 5-6 hours of direct sunlight(intense close to the equator sun), could produce some decent plants for sure, but don't expect the bud to be tight, but that might not be a bad thing due to the high average humidity. They will be plenty potent though, just likely not very dense. A few varieties would be dense in 5-6 hours of more intense than our northern sunlight.
You do have an advantage going for you. One is the over head cover will stop daily dew and rainfall.

Sounds to me like half ways across the world is pretty close to our climate at the 45th in cannada!! I swear last year after planting outdoors on day 20 the plants never saw humidity under 65%. We had a very rainy season last year and it rained 35 of the first 45 days after i planted outside. Even in drought years humidity is something i deal with in bounds. There can be no clouds in the sky and yet the RH will be 60% at best, thanks to close proximity giant bodies of water releasing surface evaporation. The hotter it is, the more humid it is.

Will the plants be getting high circulation from high winds? If not, a fan constantly blowing across them could be a benefit, in the box and out.

Okay so based on the RH% i would not cover the young seedlings.

Ah interesting setup!! Don't see T-8's in action very often anymore!! I grew with T-8's as vegetative lights for photoperiod plants and almost 2 decades! One thing about them is their useful range is very shallow, so you will want to have the buds as close as possible to the lights without burning them. 1-4" is ideal. If you train the plants horizontally you can maximize the effect. If you get outside of hmm,, iirc i think 8" the light will have minimal effect.

Yeah i read about them too. T5s HOs are not available and has to be specially ordered. The highest T5 is 28w. 36w T8 is 3070lm but 28w T5 is only 2700lm. So due to ease and cos im cheap that way, i went with T8s.

My soil spike can hopefully help me find better light choices to add onto the current setup (Perhaps during end of veg/ start of flowering stage?) cos the soil spike can measure light intensity but no oficial figures. Direct sun is Light+ and non direct sunlight is rated as Normal on the balcony. My lights at closest distance is only considered Normal and sometimes drops a level to Low+. Lowest rating is Low-

My balcony is very windy but mostly above the railings. The plants are below the railings but area is quite spacious so i wanted to put the dome on mainly to protect from winds and pests? Crows eating my seedlings?

@islandgrower Do u still think i should not use the domes?

Yeah i read about them too. T5s HOs are not available and has to be specially ordered. The highest T5 is 28w. 36w T8 is 3070lm but 28w T5 is only 2700lm. So due to ease and cos im cheap that way, i went with T8s.

My soil spike can hopefully help me find better light choices to add onto the current setup (Perhaps during end of veg/ start of flowering stage?) cos the soil spike can measure light intensity but no oficial figures. Direct sun is Light+ and non direct sunlight is rated as Normal on the balcony. My lights at closest distance is only considered Normal and sometimes drops a level to Low+. Lowest rating is Low-

My balcony is very windy but mostly above the railings. The plants are below the railings but area is quite spacious so i wanted to put the dome on mainly to protect from winds and pests? Crows eating my seedlings?

@islandgrower Do u still think i should not use the domes?

Ahh i see....availability issue!! I totally understand and can relate to that!!

Ah okay if its a protection thing, then sure use them for the first week. I would just be concerned about cooking the wee plants when they are so small in the intense heat. It is only 5-6 hours a day though. After dark you will run them in the box until morning?

Back