New Grower First Time Auto Growing Need Help!

Just got the seeds. I made sure AFN is the first place i inform.

I'm more and more convinced that I made the right choice. Im sure this new hobby will help me shape character and improve on many of my shortcomings. The little labor yesterday night was incredibly satisfying.

If any of my phrases seems off, pls understand that English is not a first or second language for me. All of your guidance is very much appreciated. Thanks

You've got quite a stash there.
Don't germ them all at once.

Ahh i see....availability issue!! I totally understand and can relate to that!!

Ah okay if its a protection thing, then sure use them for the first week. I would just be concerned about cooking the wee plants when they are so small in the intense heat. It is only 5-6 hours a day though. After dark you will run them in the box until morning?

I just went to take a look at hygrometer at 12.30pm. RH was only 44% and temps at 37.7C. BUT...sun was no longer directly on the plants. Direct light stepped less than a feet away from the plants at that time. So an estimate from 7.30-8.00am to around 12pm. Only around 4 hours in this case. Which means i probably need the dome. But im also concerned about heat. What I thought was putting the seedlings in dome and put my lights closely on top. The lights will be like a roof cos of the box shape. The plants in domes will be under the lights 24/7 for at least the first week?

This way, no direct sunlight equals less heat? From my understanding, the fluoros will be more than enough for seedlings?

I do plan on putting them under lights every evening, most likely a little before dark? And either set a timer or just switch off when i wake up. Repeat daily...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've got quite a stash there.
Don't germ them all at once.

Of course not. Planning 6 plants. Germing 6 seeds. I can always germ more if lesser pops. The rest is currently in their packaging in bubble wrap, in a cardbox that came with it, tucked inside a cool drawer in my bedroom! When I'm sure I'm not gonna need any more for this grow, do u suggest i keep them in the fridge, after cling wrapping the hell out of it?

Yeah i read about them too. T5s HOs are not available and has to be specially ordered. The highest T5 is 28w. 36w T8 is 3070lm but 28w T5 is only 2700lm. So due to ease and cos im cheap that way, i went with T8s.

My soil spike can hopefully help me find better light choices to add onto the current setup (Perhaps during end of veg/ start of flowering stage?) cos the soil spike can measure light intensity but no oficial figures. Direct sun is Light+ and non direct sunlight is rated as Normal on the balcony. My lights at closest distance is only considered Normal and sometimes drops a level to Low+. Lowest rating is Low-

My balcony is very windy but mostly above the railings. The plants are below the railings but area is quite spacious so i wanted to put the dome on mainly to protect from winds and pests? Crows eating my seedlings?

@islandgrower Do u still think i should not use the domes?

I think the domes would act as a mini greenhouse . Temps would get to high

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

What if i cut the whole top off the water bottle and instead of a dome, i get a cylinder shaped fence around the seedling?

That may work . I would worry about the heat getting trapped in there . I never cover my seedlings and they survive . As long as they are not dug up by a bird or rodent .

That may work . I would worry about the heat getting trapped in there . I never cover my seedlings and they survive . As long as they are not dug up by a bird or rodent .

My balcony is quite windy. I'm confident it will be good for the plant during veg stage but seedling I'm not so sure. Worry that the strong winds will break it while I'm not at home.

Will continue to ponder on it then. Most likely give it a shorter fence, maybe just a few inches tall. Just to protect from winds

I have a seedling growing outdoors and it is pretty windy right now. It will just make the stem stronger imo . And you said it does not get direct wind due to other plants on the balcony. As long as they do not stretch too much you should be ok though

Decided to paper towel them. Firstly, I like @islandgrower advise on letting them grow a little first. Also, i don't wanna deprive myself of the paper towel experience...lol

The Pineapple Express both sprouted roots, with one more than the other. White widows are much smaller seeds but both cracked too with just a wee bit showing. Amnesia Haze both showed cracked signs but nothing poking out.

Attachments

• 3082A93F-D918-4C61-9A6D-18C3DF5BFE3C.jpeg
    3082A93F-D918-4C61-9A6D-18C3DF5BFE3C.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 54
Back