New Grower First Time Auto Growing Need Help!

You are a darling, my dear Maria!

I read this in your diaries but got confused with soil/ soiless - coco/perlite. You cleared it for me perfectly! If I had u as a teacher in school, you might be looking at Prof Equatorial as my nickname!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

De nada.

Are you going to use this thread as your journal, or start a new one, once the seeds arrive?

De nada.

Are you going to use this thread as your journal, or start a new one, once the seeds arrive?

Great! U can teach me Spanish too....LOL

I'm not good with forums so probably keep it here? I'll do the necessary to follow forum rules so let me know what i should do?

I had thought of it, as the advantages seems attractive. Read a bit on AFN and googling. But quickly realised many items are not easily available. Not to mention the technical know how involved may very likely overwhelm me. Cooking, composting etc

So got to go with what I can get! Trying to buy as organic as I can get in order to minimise chances of nute burn, taste better etc

Just trying to accomplish all the objectives of this project when I planned it: Grow the plants in my home setting using stuff relatively easy to get in my region using the best techniques to get the most decent yields. Then I can hopefully make a guide in the local language and let it just help whoever it can!

Of course, I’m not that noble. A big part of what I’m doing is for myself and my family. The reason I hope to be able to share privately with my dear dear mentors here. I’m especially grateful to @Maria Sanchez @islandgrower and yourself! You guys take time to reply to my questions and I just want u guys to know I appreciate it, very much!

So just chime in anytime with any advice u might have! Every little comment and guidance helps....

Oh something came to mind . Have you looked into Korean farming where you farm naturally occurring mycos in surrounding forest seeing you are in a tropical area. I will look for a yt vid. Explaining.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Oh something came to mind . Have you looked into Korean farming where you farm naturally occurring mycos in surrounding forest seeing you are in a tropical area. I will look for a yt vid. Explaining.

Oh I would love to explore everything but life is full of limitations and priorities....sigh

Work, family....u know the drill!

I only understood Korean, farm and forest...LOL

I would really like to pick your brain on how to keep my balcony cooler for the plants? Insulation tips? It already has a roof and likely only receives direct sunlight from 7.30am to perhaps noon or a little more?

But temps recorded this morning before 10am can reach 39 on my balcony table. Thinking back, its an aluminum table. Although with plastic cover, it should still be much hotter. I did not feel any warmer than early 30s though.

Im thinking of getting some plants to cover line of sight so if any of these plants can help keep cool and provide other benefits at the same time would be great. Im probably gonna go to a local nursery to ask. But since i cannot be 100% honest, do u guys have any cool tips? Pun intended

Btw, im going through YouTube to see any DIY methods of making a light rack/ stand. It needs to suit my needs of putting it on my balcony/ semi outdoor. Solid and sturdy enough cos there will be some wind and the aluminum reflector might be a problem. Also need to adjust height relatively easy. Have not seen many relevant ones though but still gaining ideas. If any of u come across anything i can use, would really appreciate the share

Great! U can teach me Spanish too....LOL

I'm not good with forums so probably keep it here? I'll do the necessary to follow forum rules so let me know what i should do?

Mi espanol no es bueno, so maybe not....

If you like, can just hit "report" at the bottom of one of the posts here,
and in the message pop up box ask Admin to move to another forum.

At the moment, it's in "autoflower breeding discussion",
which wouldn't be best for a basic grow thread...

Maybe move to "new growers' grow journals" ??
That way you don't have to start another thread,
but at least it'll be in the right place.

Mi espanol no es bueno, so maybe not....

If you like, can just hit "report" at the bottom of one of the posts here,
and in the message pop up box ask Admin to move to another forum.

At the moment, it's in "autoflower breeding discussion",
which wouldn't be best for a basic grow thread...

Maybe move to "new growers' grow journals" ??
That way you don't have to start another thread,
but at least it'll be in the right place.

Done!

Btw, im going through YouTube to see any DIY methods of making a light rack/ stand. It needs to suit my needs of putting it on my balcony/ semi outdoor. Solid and sturdy enough cos there will be some wind and the aluminum reflector might be a problem. Also need to adjust height relatively easy. Have not seen many relevant ones though but still gaining ideas. If any of u come across anything i can use, would really appreciate the share

Those might help.
As for keeping the pots cool from direct sunlight. Place one container inside a larger one

Just mixed soil. First attempt in my life. My hands are gassed from the mixing and trying my best to break up all clumps.

In the end, did not have the time to even water it a little and test ph. PH levels right after mixing is 5.

I mixed with organic potting mix 50%, perlite 20%, worm castings 20%, some neem cake powder around a small handful per pot + pumice stones at the very bottom with barely a layer. I am estimating the neem cake and pumice stones to make up the remainder 10%.

I thought i could have 6 pots but ended up with 5 and a teeny bit more. Got to go buy a little more stuff.

Since worm castings take a few days to reach me, any alternative to worm poop for my 6th pot?

I can use any pot i want for the 6th pot. Any requests?

Also, do my mix look ok? I know its hard to tell from a pic.

Thank u all so much!

Attachments

• 4D4D40BB-210C-43A1-9628-9EB8CCEC4CCC.jpeg
    4D4D40BB-210C-43A1-9628-9EB8CCEC4CCC.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 5F21EC2E-C982-4C66-AF95-3F80B80A0955.jpeg
    5F21EC2E-C982-4C66-AF95-3F80B80A0955.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 33197D91-8830-4760-9BF4-C402C9FE6C43.jpeg
    33197D91-8830-4760-9BF4-C402C9FE6C43.jpeg
    308.3 KB · Views: 146
  • D71A62BB-3427-4391-9402-D9BE4BE40577.jpeg
    D71A62BB-3427-4391-9402-D9BE4BE40577.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 128
Just got the seeds. I made sure AFN is the first place i inform.

I'm more and more convinced that I made the right choice. Im sure this new hobby will help me shape character and improve on many of my shortcomings. The little labor yesterday night was incredibly satisfying.

If any of my phrases seems off, pls understand that English is not a first or second language for me. All of your guidance is very much appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 9074C34B-9CDE-4834-81FD-E00169C8D516.jpeg
    9074C34B-9CDE-4834-81FD-E00169C8D516.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 128
  • D869C050-44CC-4BB5-96AC-3C1F9D9A0F23.jpeg
    D869C050-44CC-4BB5-96AC-3C1F9D9A0F23.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 134
Back