New Grower First "Real" grow: 3.25'x3.25' Mars Hydro LED and Tent 4 Autos(Mixed)

What's the deal with the ponytail thing?

Plants are looking awsome as uzal trip those fastbuds are coming along a treat I think the ponytailing is really helping side branching development

What's the deal with the ponytail thing?
ok ill try to explain this the best way i can as i am a noob just passing on what i have learned from the help of this community here on AFN.... leaf tucking is meant to expose lower bud sites/side branches. it takes some time by slowly bending the fan leaves down which are above the sidebranch/node you want to expose, so you have to kinda manulally wrap the above fan leaf below the side branch/bud site you want to expose to more light in order to grow. they obv cant grow if the fan leaf i blocking them . i have been following A-train lead on this and it will set up my LST on the side branches that im going to do to open then inners open to more light and hopefully achieve an even canopy haha
Plants are looking awsome as uzal trip those fastbuds are coming along a treat I think the ponytailing is really helping side branching development
thank man and hell yea it is they shoot past the blocking fan leaf very quickly man! i will be using this technique for further grows thats for sure.. Thanks @Chester and @A-Train for this tek!

O and @FastBuds is there anyway to tell what phenos i have? im assuming if i could it wouldnt be untill later on in its life correct?

Your plants look great ... I generally pony tail every thing at least a couple times for 4-6 hrs at a time ... I use a fuzzy pipe cleaner 4-5" long and make a 'U' shape that I slip around the stem beneath the leaves to be lifted ... I then close the 'U' into a circle just small enough to gently gather the leaves together ...

Your plants look great ... I generally pony tail every thing at least a couple times for 4-6 hrs at a time ... I use a fuzzy pipe cleaner 4-5" long and make a 'U' shape that I slip around the stem beneath the leaves to be lifted ... I then close the 'U' into a circle just small enough to gently gather the leaves together ...
thank you chester it is a great tek bro. im very greatful for you to share it with a-train and all of us! its so simple LOW to no stress at all and VERY EFFECTIVE! and yea i gotta go get some pipe cleaners cuz using this twine i tore a little leaf a cpl days ago and keep forgetting to go get those damn little pipe cleaners.

Thank you for the explanation. Had never seen it before. Done a shit load of tucking. Very interesting!

Thank you for the explanation. Had never seen it before. Done a shit load of tucking. Very interesting!
no prob and tucking and pony tailing together seem to definitely be complimenting each other VERY nicely.

I fed them all today and am thinking about getting some pics up if there is enought noticable growth.. i havent checked them for about 4 hrs im about to dab some Lemon OG QWISO :bong: and then off to the tent i go:biker: to check on todays ponytailing and tucking progress....:photog:???

Someday you'll be a hell of a scrogger!
All that tucking practice! z:muahaha:

Someday you'll be a hell of a scrogger!
All that tucking practice! z:muahaha:
i woud LOVE to have you teach me a thing or two @Roark :greenthumb:i have an arsenal of seeds that i could probaby throw together one hell of a scrog grow!

Update pics are coming up Everyone!

DAY 22
Well it was meant to be a lazy sat with no pics but i said the hell with all that and had some fun!
The tent has had a nice subtle smell in it the since preflowers have begun:biggrin:
Today they were fed 500ml each of: 1Ml/L Sensi Grow A&B
2Ml/L of:B-52,Carboload,Sensizyme,Rhino Skin, CalMag
Water PH:6.5
PPM:432 (i have no idea how its higher when u used less nutes unless it has to do with my tap water? I checked the PPM of my O2'd water and its 58
Soil PH:7.0
Temp/RH
Temp.jpg

LSD-25
She is shaping up really nice and symetrical :)
I heard fungi is beneficial to the roots right @Fuggzy , so i put a cpl of my my Golden Teachers with the LSD for the pic.. maybe they whispered dirty lessons in her ear ;) no i didnt leave them there haha
LSD Fungus.jpg
LSD whole 2.jpg
LSD whole.jpg
lsd side.jpg

West Coast OG
OG Whole.jpg
OG branch.jpg
OG Branch close.jpg
OG side.jpg

AK-47
AK side.jpg

Blue Treacle
BLUE TOP.jpg
Blue Side.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!!

Last edited:
Back