New Grower First "Real" grow: 3.25'x3.25' Mars Hydro LED and Tent 4 Autos(Mixed)

i was wondering tonight when i was filling the ultra-sonic humidifier that it has a blue light that kinda illuminates the tent during the dark cycle will this cause my plants to hermi? i can take pics if need be.... also any idea about the rust spots?

Last edited:
@tripaholic88 from what I understand the light shouldn't effect the plant. Autos don't respond to light like photos, some people run 24/0 with great results. The light is probably so minimal that I imagine they still enjoy their "night" time. I once read someone saying they love growing autos because they don't need light proof grow areas.

Usually I see people post this...
leavedeficiencies.jpg

Then you decipher from that. Time to play doctor : )

There's also an infirmary(is that how you spell it?) section on this site and you can post your pics there and the pros will help out. Are the leaves dark green? If so I would imagine nitrogen toxicity or some type of nutrient burn. I've heard of soils being "too hot" although I noticed half of your soil is seed starter and perlite, so it doesn't seem like your ski should be burning those girls. I can''t remember if your adjusting pH but I imagine you are because of how nice everything else is. When my plants got small rust spots last grow it wasn't until mid-flower and it was a calmag deficiency. That's why I already have my girls on a low dose of calmag. Anyway hope that helps. I just took a huge rip of qwiso out of the bong on top of a bowl of the 65 day harvest dark purple girl :baked::goodluck:

ok im pretty sure its not a nitrogen problem but i did some reading on potassium deficiencies and it seems close to that being as its only on the serated edges but there is no sign of the yellowing yet. i will check on them when the lights come on and see what happened overnight....

Last edited:
still no signs of the yellowing that would indicate the potassium def. just the rust spots... this has me baffled.... pics are from a cpl mins ago
CAM01502.jpg
CAM01501.jpg
CAM01494.jpg
CAM01498.jpg
CAM01500.jpg

I'm no expert Bro but it looks like zinc defeceny to me use bottled spring water for the micronutes and see if that helps I fed my plants on it about 3-4times through there life I belive they love it

I started a thread in the sick plant section about it earlier to be safe... i was also wondering if when the roots reach the FFOF outer core if they will be shocked by the nutes from the outer core plus the nutes that i am giving them ....

Last edited:
I know for sure that the lsd can handle some errors. I had a nitrogen toxicity. Dark green leaves, curling tips, and all my girls powered through. FFOF is ocean based nutes right? Seems like it would supply adequate zinc once the roots reach it. I am using something called soil activator that has small pints of zinc in it, girls seem to love it. Besides the little rust spots they look healthy! Stay positive :)

Back