New Grower First outdoor grow!! Any suggestions?? :)

@chawnie.swanson Good afternoon Chawnie I think youll be fine with what you bought. I think you will have stretching seedling, be sure to get a mini clip on fan to give them some air circulation it will help with strength and mass of the stem. I wouldn't feed for 2 weeks and by third week plant outside. Are you going to a raised bed or directly in the ground? Also if you can afford it by the time your ready to plant outside buy a good fertilizer. I would recommend General hydroponics Maxi Bloom its 16 dollars on amazon for a 2.2# bags, this will last for several grows. You can get a decent grow just using this. You don't need to pay for fancy labels and 98% water that most nutrients have. A good grower grows by learning from mistakes and instinct. Most important thing is to have fun and learn. Cheers Chef

So the soil mix for your seedlings is fine I don't think you going to need the tomato stuff ,they will be happy in a mixture of the seedling potting mix and perlight say 70/30 why you say ,,,autos don't need much to start off with and are more happy with less
what I would do with the tomato stuff is dig it into the outside soil you plan to plant in ,don't need to give them anything till like day ten as Archie said .
you doing the research ,listen to your self :biggrin: keep it simples :toke:

Thanks a lot @St. Tom @DoDopeFuckHope @chefdave @archie gemmill @hairyman ! I really appreciate all of your advice!! I am really excited about this! @chefdave that fertilizer sounds great! I will use that for sure with some of the tomato fertilizer too! Awesome that perlite ratio sounds great! I don’t want to get any root rot :doh: Seriously thanks a lot you guys!!! This is going to be so cool!! I can’t wait to plant them!! :weed: :cool1: :smokeit:

Thanks a lot @St. Tom @DoDopeFuckHope @chefdave @archie gemmill @hairyman ! I really appreciate all of your advice!! I am really excited about this! @chefdave that fertilizer sounds great! I will use that for sure with some of the tomato fertilizer too! Awesome that perlite ratio sounds great! I don’t want to get any root rot :doh: Seriously thanks a lot you guys!!! This is going to be so cool!! I can’t wait to plant them!! :weed: :cool1: :smokeit:
we all want each other to succeed i would never have got past my 1st grow without some good advice on here even now

Hello everyone!! I have an update!! So I planted my seeds this morning! I set all of this up in a spare closet! I used 3 Cups soil to 2 cups perlite and planted 3 of the 4 seeds successfully. But, when I picked up one of the seedlings with my tweezers, the brown shell of the seed fell off. The seedling was left exposed wit two nubs at the top which looked like the early formations of leaves. Inside the shell casing there was a small piece of white, which looks like it may have been important to the seedling. I’m not sure though...
View media item 14515View media item 14516

@hairyman It’s funny because the one that’s casing got pulled off is the strongest and tallest now lol! But thanks!

Every plant has sprouted successfully! The Blue Dream seed is running behind the 3 Cream Cookie ladies pretty significantly though. I also had to remove the seed casing off of the top of the Blue Dream’s unformed leaves. I used tweezers and after about 5 minutes of careful nudging, I got the casing off the seedling. The plant didn’t seem to mind me pokin it around a little. I have watered them every day so far and they like it a lot. The peat pots seem to dry out quickly but at least I know my plants are getting oxygen. I also set a fan pretty close to them and they seem happy.

My lagging Blue Dream spout
View media item 14523
The seed that had originally got its casing ripped off is now the strongest of them all.
View media item 14524
All 4 sprouted
View media item 14522

Thanks for the help everyone! Have a great day! :smoking:

Last edited:
Back