New Grower First outdoor grow!! Any suggestions?? :)

chawnie.swanson

Cannabis-Infused Recalcitrant
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Galactica
Hi everyone!! Tonight is the night that I’ll make my set up and I’ll plant my seeds in the morning! I bought all of my supplies yesterday and spent around $70

I started my 4 auto/fem seeds from @FastBuds two days ago using @mephisto ’s method to germinate my seeds. It has worked out fantastically! Thank you so much I will never use any other method to germinate my seeds again! Thanks for the link @archie gemmill :thumbsup:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/mephisto-germ-tech-a-quick-guide.52948/

Also, thank you, @912GreenSkell , @St. Tom and @chefdave for the help! Your links really jump started me into the learning process!

I bought:
Dr. Earth Organic tomato fertilizer
Miracle gro seed starting potting soil
perlite
A large plastic bin
a 3000 lm fluorescent light, and peat pots

I am going to use my large plastic bin I’m going to turn it upside down and use it to keep my potted seeds moist and keep the environment humid.

I bought organic nori seaweed as well and I plan on boiling it and making it into a tea and watering my seedlings with it until I transplant them outside I have a question though!! I’m not sure if that is a sufficient amount of nutrients or if that is even a correct fertilizer for my seedlings. I just want them to grow strong and healthy and I would appreciate any advice. I also bought some pH test strips and I was wondering what the best pH for my seedlings soil should be. Also, I was thinking of mixing my seed starting soil of 1/3 perlite to 1/3 tomato fertilizer to 1/3 potting soil. Do you think that those measurements for my soil are correct? Thank you and happy growing!!

View media item 14511View media item 14508View media item 14510View media item 14509View media item 14513View media item 14512

Last edited:
cheers for the @ and for starting up a journal :pass:
shouldnt really need to worry about feeding nutes for first 10 days,so got plenty of time to gather more info.im the other side of the world to you,i only know biobizz soil/nutes indoors.thats my fault not yours :smoking:
i like the 1/3 perlight but as for mixing ferrets with the soil il let some of the others make a better call on that.
keep er lit
:pighug:

Never use miracle grow. Those bastards put weed killer in every bag! You've been warned.

Grow.Smoke.Repeat. [emoji868]
if its a seedling potting mix i cant see him having any problems others who use it will chime in

16 years of cranking out harvests, many thousands of plants. Please head my warning. Miracle grow isn't a thing.

i grow in coco pal so i cant advise isnt it ok for seedlings if hes been out and bought everything already

cheers for the @ and for starting up a journal :pass:
shouldnt really need to worry about feeding nutes for first 10 days,so got plenty of time to gather more info.im the other side of the world to you,i only know biobizz soil/nutes indoors.thats my fault not yours :smoking:
i like the 1/3 perlight but as for mixing ferrets with the soil il let some of the others make a better call on that.
keep er lit
Thanks a lot I appreciate your help!

Never use miracle grow. Those bastards put weed killer in every bag! You've been warned.

I am only using the seed starting soil. I did a lot of research and no one has had a problem with the seed starting soil, as it isn’t laden with absurd amounts of slow releasing nutrients like their garden soil. I plan to grab a different soil/compost when I transfer them outside.

i know that miricle grow liquid/powder nutes are very strong,it states so on the back of the pack.but if people feed at full strenght with the stuff,then fried seedlings are no surprize.
havnt heard much of the soils though.

Back