New Grower First indoor grow: LindaSeeds GG#4 and Gelato 33 under Mars SP3000

Just finished up with Miss Wispy.
I have three big grocery bags of quality frosty buds.
I also have 18.293 oz of wet bud trim. It's 99.999% buds
I'll post this here also to get some input on making the hash with all these buds.
Any input will be appreciated!
That's a huge pile of buds. Congrats WildBill. Hopefully you start a thread on your hash making.
I am growing out 6 different strains over the next 5 months and am planning on making hash from about half the grow.

:thumbsup::goodluck:

That's a huge pile of buds. Congrats WildBill. Hopefully you start a thread on your hash making.
I am growing out 6 different strains over the next 5 months and am planning on making hash from about half the grow.

:thumbsup::goodluck:
I'm posting results and asking questions over in this thread on making hash..

Well, just finished "da kine shakin' brudda"! . I divided up the material in three even amounts. I had a little over 8lb block and it was plenty.
Trichomes were of different structure than the past rub of the gelato. Not much went into the 90 bowl from the 120 on all first runs. I guess the head were bigger. I just combined to with the other first shake. I extended both the first and second shake from my gelato run. I went to 2 min and 4min respectively.
Considering I was going for quality, I think I got a pretty good outcome.
First shake was 28.4g
Second shake was 31.68g.

Clean up tips:
After the second shake, I take the first bowl with the material and ice and card/brush it's bottom into the collection bowl and then place it back over the main stack and proceed to collect the kief in the second shake bowl. I take the material bowl and temporally place it back on the second shake bowl while I card/brush the bottom of the second bowl, I place the material bowl on the third bowl in the main stack and collect the kief from the second bowl. I do the same for the 90 and the bowl under it.
When I'm finished, I go back and place the material and ice bowl and let it sit for a bit on top of what bowl I want to try and get as much possible off to minimize time and wasted material when cleaning the bowls for storage.

Now all I have to do is find another method to extract the final amount of Trichomes in the worked material. I really don't want to use or rather not use Grain alcohol. But I'm still open.
You guys have some suggestions/methods that I don't have to buy another piece of equipment.........unless there's there's not much of an alternative or a piece of equipment that really easy.

Making the Frenchy Hash is for tomorrow. I'm gonna try to do all of it .

Nice haul man! Saw that post about the vacuum sealers! That seems to be a requirement lol. Especially if you're gonna keep grows rollin. Like you said, once friends/family find out, that stock takes a hit hella fast. Throw in a deep freeze down the line ha.

Well, just finished "da kine shakin' brudda"! . I divided up the material in three even amounts. I had a little over 8lb block and it was plenty.
Trichomes were of different structure than the past rub of the gelato. Not much went into the 90 bowl from the 120 on all first runs. I guess the head were bigger. I just combined to with the other first shake. I extended both the first and second shake from my gelato run. I went to 2 min and 4min respectively.
Considering I was going for quality, I think I got a pretty good outcome.
First shake was 28.4g
Second shake was 31.68g.

Clean up tips:
After the second shake, I take the first bowl with the material and ice and card/brush it's bottom into the collection bowl and then place it back over the main stack and proceed to collect the kief in the second shake bowl. I take the material bowl and temporally place it back on the second shake bowl while I card/brush the bottom of the second bowl, I place the material bowl on the third bowl in the main stack and collect the kief from the second bowl. I do the same for the 90 and the bowl under it.
When I'm finished, I go back and place the material and ice bowl and let it sit for a bit on top of what bowl I want to try and get as much possible off to minimize time and wasted material when cleaning the bowls for storage.

Now all I have to do is find another method to extract the final amount of Trichomes in the worked material. I really don't want to use or rather not use Grain alcohol. But I'm still open.
You guys have some suggestions/methods that I don't have to buy another piece of equipment.........unless there's there's not much of an alternative or a piece of equipment that really easy.

Making the Frenchy Hash is for tomorrow. I'm gonna try to do all of it .
It solely depends on wat you plan on using to worked stuff for if only using for eddibles the coconut oil and a garlic type press ensures you get as much of ur liquid back out so you lose the least amount possible now with larger batches like urs obviously a garlic press would take for ever but I know ur handy so I'm sure u could take vice grips and weld some plates to them or something like that other than butter/coconut oil there isn't anyway I'm fimilar with besides butane/ethonal but a decent 1 will cost some $ for sure.

It solely depends on wat you plan on using to worked stuff for if only using for eddibles the coconut oil and a garlic type press ensures you get as much of ur liquid back out so you lose the least amount possible now with larger batches like urs obviously a garlic press would take for ever but I know ur handy so I'm sure u could take vice grips and weld some plates to them or something like that other than butter/coconut oil there isn't anyway I'm fimilar with besides butane/ethonal but a decent 1 will cost some $ for sure.
Edibles are sure a good option.
So basically place the material and coconut oil in a container, heat to decarb, squeeze out, and then filter the results.........or should I decarb after everything.
Got a time for infusion I should try and what would be the best filter medium to use?

Yeah, I've found something that would work for ethonol, but it;s pricey, $600, and it would still be relatively small batch....probally 2 or 5 runs with what I have. That being said, what are the possible usages for the end results?

If your going to make oil, with either coconut or olive oil, decarb first. set your oven to its lowset setting and dry the weed before decarbing, Then take thew weed out, set your oven to 250. Preheat then bake for 27 - 30 minutes. Longer time and higher heat will degrade the cannabinoids. The other option not so expensive is a Magical Butter Machine. I use mine alot! You can do alcohol runs in it to, however you can't use it to reclaim the alcohol with the machine.

Yeah, i know the machine your taking about, the Source Turbo, been wanting one for a long time especially after what a case of Everclear cost me!

Edibles are sure a good option.
So basically place the material and coconut oil in a container, heat to decarb, squeeze out, and then filter the results.........or should I decarb after everything.
Got a time for infusion I should try and what would be the best filter medium to use?

Yeah, I've found something that would work for ethonol, but it;s pricey, $600, and it would still be relatively small batch....probally 2 or 5 runs with what I have. That being said, what are the possible usages for the end results?

I use to cook my oil in a double boiler. 2 hours is plenty. Stir it every 20 minutes to break the CO2 boundary layer that builds up in the oil.

pop22

Will wet trim work with the Magical Butter Machine? The chlorophyll won't get infused?

pop22

Will wet trim work with the Magical Butter Machine? The chlorophyll won't get infused?
In my experience you get some no matter the method now there are somethings to do to lessen the amount transfered and yes 1 is drying , now I've seen a guy use water as chlorophyll is water soluble and butter/coconut oil isn't so before the butter cools you pour it into a small pot/container and you can set it in fridge for it to solidify and simply pull it out. Now as for the ethonal extract can be vaped or eatten I will say from experience with fresh material I would run 2x and then do a full soak for 15 to 20 mins which after drying out and looking under a scope 90% of trics are removed I do something similar still and I love it the only thing I would like to experiment with dry ice and a sub zero freezer but I won't be able to till I move. I also would say if making a smokeable product do not heat it as not only will you loose terps but the taste can be quite ruff now if making rso or eddibles it's much less an issue.

Back