New Grower First indoor grow: LindaSeeds GG#4 and Gelato 33 under Mars SP3000

Ok at this point I am callin you a LIYAH!!!! Lmfao. You killed em all didn’t you? You just don’t wanna day. Man it happens to the best of us, I burn down greenhouses for fun lmao.

*this is a joke* no feelings were harmed in the typing of this thread
Ahhhhhhh....................Wakey Bakey for Derek! :baked:

I get it!

I can’t make any promises lmao
Teaser fer Dman!

Staying Alive!
derek01.jpg

Big Girl
derek02.jpg

I think I need to do a little trimming, leaf tucking and a little lst on the 15gal GG#4 and the Gelay33 today. They need a little salon work and the worms need a good canna smoothie.

Teaser fer Dman!

Staying Alive!
View attachment 1237963

Big Girl
View attachment 1237964

I think I need to do a little trimming, leaf tucking and a little lst on the 15gal GG#4 and the Gelay33 today. They need a little salon work and the worms need a good canna smoothie.
Hell ya they look great I'm really interested to see the difference between the sisters and I'm also anticipating that gelato should be some absolute fire all of them. Also so originally you said you think 15gal pots were going to be your go to do you still think your gonna use them or a touch smaller like 12gal I'm interested to see for sure wat your thoughts are I mean I've only used up to 7gal indoors so I'm curious

Hell ya they look great I'm really interested to see the difference between the sisters and I'm also anticipating that gelato should be some absolute fire all of them. Also so originally you said you think 15gal pots were going to be your go to do you still think your gonna use them or a touch smaller like 12gal I'm interested to see for sure wat your thoughts are I mean I've only used up to 7gal indoors so I'm curious
I would still use the 15gal if I wasn't going to a couple of EarthBoxes on the next grow.. I like the more stable moisture content in the 15 gal vs the 7gal.
If I were doing a Sea of Green in this 4x4, they'd all be 7gal with a full 4x4 pan and pack the tent. I'd figure out some sort of a gravity feed emitter system for top watering a set amount and use the pan to bottom water to the proper level.

Yeah, I'm expecting the Gelato to be killer. She put the frost and funk on first................and the funk...........OH! It's very intoxicating!

Last night I took two of the girls to the beauty salon. I kept them up a little past their bed time because they needed a good amount of work. I only trimmed for good air flow and light.

The Gelato needed the trim pretty bad, mainly in the air flow department. I like to trim viewing from the side and turn the plant, usually two rounds to catch what I missed the first round. I then view from above and mainly trim for light by then. I kept most of the leaves facing outwards as long as they didn't block anything. I feel the more leaves you have, the more energy the plant can harvest from the light.

I found it interesting that in trimming in this fashion with those two parameters, it became a "cola defining" trim. I'm pretty sure mold could have been a problem if this trim had not been done. I only removed internodal fan leaves, please correct if it's not the proper term.

The Gelato is one sticky and stinky girl!! Her frost is building quite nicely on the buds and is migrating through the sugar leaves. She's gonna have quite a bit of trim to put in the freezer for processing later! Sorry derek420colorado ! No up close trichome pics. Just too late after trimming. For a small plant, she's gonna make a lot of quality bud! I can't really define her crazy interesting smell, but it's far different than the GG#4! I think she's far more resinous than the GG#4, but that may be because of the age and bud development stage. Her buds are quite hard with the colas very tight at the top and filling in nicely toward the bottom.

The 15gal GG#4 didn't need a trim to the same extent as the Gelato, but I used the same style of trimming. Her buds are quite different with much smaller sugar leaves. I don't know, but I think she'll trim up easier than the Gelato. What's everyone opinion of ease of trim and a quality bud with colas with less prominent sugar leaves VS more prominent sugar?

After the trim session, I was happy with the results and the girls will benefit from it.............me too!

I'll look at Lil' Miss Wispy this morning to see if she can benefit from a trim. I'm inclined not to trim her any more due to her structure and small leaves. She needs as many leaves as possible to grow those little buds. Her buds are developing and building bulk, but as a couple of days ago, I couldn't see any trichome development. pop22 may be right about this girl and she may surprise all of us and make some quality bud, but is sure gonna take a lot more time. I'm ready to let her run her course to whatever end result.

The girls will get fed, watered and take a close look at Miss Wispy this morning after I do the same for myself.

I can't really capture the frost on the buds with my phone, but both girls are increasing trichome production and coverage quite nicely.

Gelato33 day 64
IMG_20200928_225142224_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200928_224820692_HDR.jpg

After trim top view
IMG_20200928_233901991_HDR.jpg

After trim side view

IMG_20200928_234018118_HDR.jpg

GG#4 15gal day 59 before
IMG_20200928_234049450_HDR.jpg

GG#4 15gal day 59 After
IMG_20200929_003542122_HDR.jpg

Last night I took two of the girls to the beauty salon. I kept them up a little past their bed time because they needed a good amount of work. I only trimmed for good air flow and light.

The Gelato needed the trim pretty bad, mainly in the air flow department. I like to trim viewing from the side and turn the plant, usually two rounds to catch what I missed the first round. I then view from above and mainly trim for light by then. I kept most of the leaves facing outwards as long as they didn't block anything. I feel the more leaves you have, the more energy the plant can harvest from the light.

I found it interesting that in trimming in this fashion with those two parameters, it became a "cola defining" trim. I'm pretty sure mold could have been a problem if this trim had not been done. I only removed internodal fan leaves, please correct if it's not the proper term.

The Gelato is one sticky and stinky girl!! Her frost is building quite nicely on the buds and is migrating through the sugar leaves. She's gonna have quite a bit of trim to put in the freezer for processing later! Sorry derek420colorado ! No up close trichome pics. Just too late after trimming. For a small plant, she's gonna make a lot of quality bud! I can't really define her crazy interesting smell, but it's far different than the GG#4! I think she's far more resinous than the GG#4, but that may be because of the age and bud development stage. Her buds are quite hard with the colas very tight at the top and filling in nicely toward the bottom.

The 15gal GG#4 didn't need a trim to the same extent as the Gelato, but I used the same style of trimming. Her buds are quite different with much smaller sugar leaves. I don't know, but I think she'll trim up easier than the Gelato. What's everyone opinion of ease of trim and a quality bud with colas with less prominent sugar leaves VS more prominent sugar?

After the trim session, I was happy with the results and the girls will benefit from it.............me too!

I'll look at Lil' Miss Wispy this morning to see if she can benefit from a trim. I'm inclined not to trim her any more due to her structure and small leaves. She needs as many leaves as possible to grow those little buds. Her buds are developing and building bulk, but as a couple of days ago, I couldn't see any trichome development. pop22 may be right about this girl and she may surprise all of us and make some quality bud, but is sure gonna take a lot more time. I'm ready to let her run her course to whatever end result.

The girls will get fed, watered and take a close look at Miss Wispy this morning after I do the same for myself.

I can't really capture the frost on the buds with my phone, but both girls are increasing trichome production and coverage quite nicely.

Gelato33 day 64
View attachment 1238272
View attachment 1238273

After trim top view
View attachment 1238274

After trim side view

View attachment 1238275

GG#4 15gal day 59 before
View attachment 1238276

GG#4 15gal day 59 After
View attachment 1238277

Good Job, can I bring my girls in for a cut?

Back