New Grower First indoor grow: LindaSeeds GG#4 and Gelato 33 under Mars SP3000

If your using tap water that should be the total of tap+nutrient. Those ppms in your tap are nutrients too, mostly calcium. go with the 500 ppm and watch for nute burn, though I doubt you'll see any at that level.

I have a HM Digital AP-1 TDS and a PH-80.
Questions:
When using Megacrop ya keep the ppm to 400-500ppm. Is that added ppm or total ppm.......ppm of the water plus Megacrop.
Should I check the Ph after adding the Megacrop?
Or after getting into a routine, ph the water down slightly before adding the Megacrop, check the ppm add theMegacrop and then ph check the ending result to stay in that ppm range after? That's assuming the 400-500ppm is the added ppm and not total ppm.
Thanks for your valued input.

If your using tap water that should be the total of tap+nutrient. Those ppms in your tap are nutrients too, mostly calcium. go with the 500 ppm and watch for nute burn, though I doubt you'll see any at that level.
Thanks! Makes sense!

Just a quick update with the Gelato33. All parameters are the same.
She's making nice daily progress.
Watered yesterday with ph'd water. Most bottom watered with a little on the surface in a ring around each plant with a little worm casting and some of my fine compost on top. They should be good for water until Friday or Sat. I'll top feed 1/2 rate of Mega Crop, a little Mycos and a half tea spoon of Molasses per gal. I'll keep the same light height, but turn it up to 100% from 50%..
I may not use the Mycos this time. I added plenty at mixing time. I'm thinking I'm gonna add some coffee grounds that I inoculated with Mycos in the used coffee can, with holes in the lid to prevent any/much anaerobic activity, I keep next to the coffee maker. This is mainly for the worms that will get added as soon as the supply I've has to resort to gets more adults. Covid has depleted her stock! LOL! I think coffee grounds are under-utilized. I have a ivy from my Uncle's funeral for 17 years and all it has received is coffee grounds and cold black coffee. It's kinda a tribute to my Uncle because of his love of coffee. The plant is named after him.

I'm thinking I may add a small application of HumiChar( a micronized 50/50 humic acid and biochar product) before the coffee and watering. It's not inoculated, but it will get slowly inoculated as it works down in the soil. No problem with that with it being micronized. This stuff instantly breaks down as soon as moisture hits it.

Other girls are great, the change just not as evident as the Gelato. I'll do a full update on Sunday.

Gelato33 Day 10

View attachment 1220756
looking great

I'm thinking on Sat or Sun feeding and watering, I'm gonna top dress with a small amount of this micronized 50/50 Humic acid and biochar product. When water kits it, it very quickly breaks down to extremely fine particles. I added this to my mix at roughly 2 cups/cu/ft when I cooked up my mix. Not worried about the biochar locking anything up without being "charged". That should come as it works down in the media and by the time it gets to the root zone it should be charge with microbes. I could brew the mix for a little while, but it falls out pretty quick to be able to slowly water it in.

Any thoughts pop22

I'm thinking on Sat or Sun feeding and watering, I'm gonna top dress with a small amount of this micronized 50/50 Humic acid and biochar product. When water kits it, it very quickly breaks down to extremely fine particles. I added this to my mix at roughly 2 cups/cu/ft when I cooked up my mix. Not worried about the biochar locking anything up without being "charged". That should come as it works down in the media and by the time it gets to the root zone it should be charge with microbes. I could brew the mix for a little while, but it falls out pretty quick to be able to slowly water it in.

Any thoughts pop22
The roots on my plants r almost directly under the first 1/8 of an inch of medium so it will be in the rootzone pretty quickly so it could be an issue I've personally never used that but I would think a small amount like I think u were thinking should be ok especially if the soil is getting/got microbes/bennies then eventually it will aswell. I personally like using alfalfa meal and kelp meal mykos tea 1 time @ about day 10 to 15 then again in a more concentrated mix @ day 25 to 30 but that's with the soil mix I use, but if I remember right urs is a light mix nute wise right.

The roots on my plants r almost directly under the first 1/8 of an inch of medium so it will be in the rootzone pretty quickly so it could be an issue I've personally never used that but I would think a small amount like I think u were thinking should be ok especially if the soil is getting/got microbes/bennies then eventually it will aswell. I personally like using alfalfa meal and kelp meal mykos tea 1 time @ about day 10 to 15 then again in a more concentrated mix @ day 25 to 30 but that's with the soil mix I use, but if I remember right urs is a light mix nute wise right.
It's Roots Organics Original with a some amendments. I didn't want to make it too hot for direct seeding. I'm sure I have plenty of mykos. I could see it when the mix was cooking.
I think I'm gonna do a light feeding with Mega and 1/2 tsp/gal with light top sprinkling of the humichar and then check the results for a few days and then do the alfalfa meal, kelp mea,l mykos and compost tea when it need more water. Not knowing this mix, I kinda want to sneak up on the feeding, just not too slow
Hopefully my worms will be available then. Raccoons and Covid screwed up that plan! LOL!

Thanks for the input!

Checked the girls first thing this morning. Still just a bit too moist to water at that time. Chose to finally crank the light up, but didn't move it down.
I checked a few hours later and the temp had gone up and RH went down........nothing too drastic. So I opened up a bottom side vent and cranked up the exhaust fan a little. Temps went down and RH back up.
I just want to make sure the roots seek out the moisture and expand the root zone.
I'll post pics sometime tomorrow with the Gelato being 14 days old. Crazy how much she's changed since Wednesday. The oldest GG4 looks like the Gelato did Wed. LOL!

Day 14: Lisa Seeds Gelato33 7gal
Day 11: Lisa seeds GG4 7gal
Day 9: Lisa seeds GG4 15gal

Gave all a feeding of MegaCrop and Molassas with a gallon for the two 7gal pots and 1.5 gal for the 15gal pot with a total 500ppm and ph to 6.5.
Didn't top dress with the Humichar today as I didn't have time to research how it will affect soil Ph. I don't think it will, but better safe than sorry. I have a ph soil probe coming in and also a soil moisture probe. More info ya have, the better you can take care of your girls.
No signs of stress from fully upping the light. I think I'll slowly move it down this week, but not as close as in the PAR eval vid above. That light really is a beast! I put my glasses on and turned it down also when feeding! LOL! I did crank up the exhaust fan because of turning up the light. It is just short of half way, but it's enough to draw air from the A/C with the A/C off and door closed! LOL!

I'm doing this to help with my pain and NOT taking the damn opiates the VA doctors want me to take. I really didn't expect to get this much enjoyment and satisfaction, especially this early in the grow! Enough rambling! Time for pics of the girls!

Gelato33 7gal
IMG_20200809_191724318.jpg

IMG_20200809_191724318.jpg
IMG_20200809_191926879.jpg

GG4 7gal

IMG_20200809_191935467.jpg

IMG_20200809_191734735.jpg

GG4 15gal

IMG_20200809_191740820.jpg

IMG_20200809_191809300.jpg

Back