New Grower First indoor grow: LindaSeeds GG#4 and Gelato 33 under Mars SP3000

Getting ready to pay bills this morning. I wanted to know if I could see any impact on my electric bill.
I can't tell a difference. I was kinda expecting to see a small increase because of the exhaust fan sucking out conditioned air.

A side benefit of exhausting tent air to a vent at the eves in the attic must also draw outdoor air and improve the quality of air in the house.
Usage graph:
elect usage.jpg

My grow cost 100$ every 90days

That's reasonable. I doubt if mine is that high.
I run about a 4x4 total space wise and electric rates are pretty high so most others will be much cheaper

I run about a 4x4 total space wise and electric rates are pretty high so most others will be much cheaper
That chart was $125 for last month.

That chart was $125 for last month.
That's ur whole house/apartment shit mine almost 350$ a month it sucks here another reason I want to move.

That's ur whole house/apartment shit mine almost 350$ a month it sucks here another reason I want to move.
Yep!
$28 for the shop, but I didn't work much there last month. I almost have enough light in the 40X50 ft shop to grow! <-----just slightly sarcastic.

Just a quick update with the Gelato33. All parameters are the same.
She's making nice daily progress.
Watered yesterday with ph'd water. Most bottom watered with a little on the surface in a ring around each plant with a little worm casting and some of my fine compost on top. They should be good for water until Friday or Sat. I'll top feed 1/2 rate of Mega Crop, a little Mycos and a half tea spoon of Molasses per gal. I'll keep the same light height, but turn it up to 100% from 50%..
I may not use the Mycos this time. I added plenty at mixing time. I'm thinking I'm gonna add some coffee grounds that I inoculated with Mycos in the used coffee can, with holes in the lid to prevent any/much anaerobic activity, I keep next to the coffee maker. This is mainly for the worms that will get added as soon as the supply I've has to resort to gets more adults. Covid has depleted her stock! LOL! I think coffee grounds are under-utilized. I have a ivy from my Uncle's funeral for 17 years and all it has received is coffee grounds and cold black coffee. It's kinda a tribute to my Uncle because of his love of coffee. The plant is named after him.

I'm thinking I may add a small application of HumiChar( a micronized 50/50 humic acid and biochar product) before the coffee and watering. It's not inoculated, but it will get slowly inoculated as it works down in the soil. No problem with that with it being micronized. This stuff instantly breaks down as soon as moisture hits it.

Other girls are great, the change just not as evident as the Gelato. I'll do a full update on Sunday.

Gelato33 Day 10

IMG_20200805_085201815.jpg

Looking good! If your going to use Megacrop, you HAVE to PH your solution. 6.4 to 6.5 I don't measure mine by the gram weight, I use a ppm meter
( also called a TDS meter ). Maybe some one here has tested the ppm/EC after using x number of grams. Seeing that your semi organic, you'll want to keep the ppms arounf 400-500ppm. Plants don't care about the source, they'll use both sources in your soil. And my worms in my auto pots for two years tolerated the megacrop just fine, which also means the microlife is doing fine also as the worm feed on bacteria not the compost.

I'll follow along! I'm interested to see how your Linda seed strains do!

Looking good! If your going to use Megacrop, you HAVE to PH your solution. 6.4 to 6.5 I don't measure mine by the gram weight, I use a ppm meter
( also called a TDS meter ). Maybe some one here has tested the ppm/EC after using x number of grams. Seeing that your semi organic, you'll want to keep the ppms arounf 400-500ppm. Plants don't care about the source, they'll use both sources in your soil. And my worms in my auto pots for two years tolerated the megacrop just fine, which also means the microlife is doing fine also as the worm feed on bacteria not the compost.

I'll follow along! I'm interested to see how your Linda seed strains do!
I have a HM Digital AP-1 TDS and a PH-80.
Questions:
When using Megacrop ya keep the ppm to 400-500ppm. Is that added ppm or total ppm.......ppm of the water plus Megacrop.
Should I check the Ph after adding the Megacrop?
Or after getting into a routine, ph the water down slightly before adding the Megacrop, check the ppm add theMegacrop and then ph check the ending result to stay in that ppm range after? That's assuming the 400-500ppm is the added ppm and not total ppm.
Thanks for your valued input.

Back