New Grower First indoor grow: LindaSeeds GG#4 and Gelato 33 under Mars SP3000

In winter, I struggle to get above 30% RH even with a humidifier and my air conditioner keeps my VPD within a reasonable range the rest of the time. IMO for small scale home grows, I think fussing with tight VPD control is just a lot of expense and work. It's bad enough I have to PH every drop of water/solution that I use. Micro-managing my grow takes the fun out of it for me. KISS has been my guiding principle and has served me well.

In winter, I struggle to get above 30% RH even with a humidifier and my air conditioner keeps my VPD within a reasonable range the rest of the time. IMO for small scale home grows, I think fussing with tight VPD control is just a lot of expense and work. It's bad enough I have to PH every drop of water/solution that I use. Micro-managing my grow takes the fun out of it for me. KISS has been my guiding principle and has served me well.
Yeah, this particular time of the year, humidity is high, too warm for heat and too cool for the a/c to run to keep the humidity down.
I though I was just me being paranoid about the water usage. It's a very noticeable difference.
I don't mind, at this point, to micromanage the tent environment, but it will complicate it with the additional heat load to the room.
I think it would be a shame to not let these girls grow to their fullest potential, but I do get your train of thought. I have to fight my OCD when it comes to perfection when doing a paint correction on a car. I have to keep asking myself, will the customer even notice the difference if I take out this slight imperfection? LOL! Some will..........like the one builder that applies more clear specifically for me to perfect the paint because he knows that I can do it with enough paint to work with. That fugger is even more anal than me! .................and that pretty damn bad! LOL!

I understand! That's just what works for me. And I'm hard on AC units, mine runs 24/7 almost every day even in winter. If I can keep my RH between 30-60% my plants are happy. And I run cooler than some people do, 70-75 average. Seems like the sweet spot for the type of autos I usually grow. I up the heat a bit for Sativa dominant strains to 80.

Yeah, this particular time of the year, humidity is high, too warm for heat and too cool for the a/c to run to keep the humidity down.
I though I was just me being paranoid about the water usage. It's a very noticeable difference.
I don't mind, at this point, to micromanage the tent environment, but it will complicate it with the additional heat load to the room.
I think it would be a shame to not let these girls grow to their fullest potential, but I do get your train of thought. I have to fight my OCD when it comes to perfection when doing a paint correction on a car. I have to keep asking myself, will the customer even notice the difference if I take out this slight imperfection? LOL! Some will..........like the one builder that applies more clear specifically for me to perfect the paint because he knows that I can do it with enough paint to work with. That fugger is even more anal than me! .................and that pretty damn bad! LOL!

I understand! That's just what works for me. And I'm hard on AC units, mine runs 24/7 almost every day even in winter. If I can keep my RH between 30-60% my plants are happy. And I run cooler than some people do, 70-75 average. Seems like the sweet spot for the type of autos I usually grow. I up the heat a bit for Sativa dominant strains to 80.
Hopefully the dehumidifier won't put too high of a thermal load on the room, I'm not putting one in the tent, and I can keep my exhaust fan to the minimum. For S&G's, I'm gonna get my CO2 bottle refilled and finish this run with it.

I control temp and humidity in room and have five fans in tent and monitor conditions constantly ..... I find staying within guidelines helps produce nice tight buds!
2378F46A-3799-4175-B766-EF8B0F65FA0F.jpeg

97% still beats most of the work done ..... Retired Journeyman Tin Man here and I have folks say my copper work is impeccable, they love it, glad they don’t know what to look for, I’m almost never happy with my soldering!

97% still beats most of the work done ..... Retired Journeyman Tin Man here and I have folks say my copper work is impeccable, they love it, glad they don’t know what to look for, I’m almost never happy with my soldering!
Yeah, I have a guy that tells me I should use more all-in-one products to polish and coat at the same time to get more work. I don't want/need more work. I want quality work to do.

Yeah, I have a guy that tells me I should use more all-in-one products to polish and coat at the same time to get more work. I don't want/need more work. I want quality work to do.
That's why I turn people away especially when it's something I'm not fimilar with doing I'm going to do it right or not at all and quality over quantity always.

That's why I turn people away especially when it's something I'm not fimilar with doing I'm going to do it right or not at all and quality over quantity always.
There are plenty of outstanding commercial/professional AIO(all in one) products out there and there's a really good market for that level of service. It's just not what I want to do. I can train anyone to do that line of work in a couple of days if their slow. It takes a LOT of time and experience to achieve the level of what I can do. It is getting easier with the technology of products and equipment, but you have to know how to it and when to use it.

Got back and temporarily put the dehumidifier in the bath next to the "walk in grow closet". It's knocked it down quite quickly. I'll wait a few days to see what adjustment I need to do before I add the CO2 ............if possible.

Gonna have play with this set up. It's OK with 52% and 77*F.

Gave all the girls a top watering with a half gal each with a tsp of molasses per gal. The two 7gal pots got half gal of rainwater and the 15gal got a full gal.

It may have been "time" for the buds to really start growing, but it just may be the little haircut I gave Miss Wispy. She's kisking it into high gear. I'm gonna have to support her wispy stems as they are slowly swaying in the fans breeze. I doubt if she'll beef up those stems of hers.
I've got some little bamboo poles. Anyone know a source for some netting? Or some other method?

Back