New Grower First indoor grow: LindaSeeds GG#4 and Gelato 33 under Mars SP3000

The new FC series look pretty great. And I like the idea of more wattage, you can just dim them down for more efficiency. I just got an SP3000 and a TS2000 so the wife would kill me if I bought another light lol.

Great looking ladies in here, I'm gonna have to try out these Linda Seeds.
The FC6500 is a beast for sure! I think it's the one derek420colorado could implement in his crazy grow and have minimal footprint during the day.

Thanks for the compliment on the ladies and I think Linda Seeds is worth looking into for the beginning and experienced grower.

The FC6500 is a beast for sure! I think it's the one derek420colorado could implement in his crazy grow and have minimal footprint during the day.

Thanks for the compliment on the ladies and I think Linda Seeds is worth looking into for the beginning and experienced grower.

I have landed on getting a custom job done for the LAG© It’s actually gonna be done by a fellow AFN’er(I don’t wanna discourse who just yet as I haven’t discussed that with them) it’s gonna be 1800 w spread out over 6x300w strips 18” inch gaps between and they are gonna be incorporated into the “light in” 1” square aluminum frame, so I actually am not going to increase the shadow footprint at all!

I have landed on getting a custom job done for the LAG© It’s actually gonna be done by a fellow AFN’er(I don’t wanna discourse who just yet as I haven’t discussed that with them) it’s gonna be 1800 w spread out over 6x300w strips 18” inch gaps between and they are gonna be incorporated into the “light in” 1” square aluminum frame, so I actually am not going to increase the shadow footprint at all!
Sounds cool! The spread aspect is one of the biggest factors.

Well, I have, again, an even canopy. I made two more platforms. Moved the lights back up. Miss Wispy had signs of light stress on a few leaves.
Miss Wispy got a pretty good trim to her lower canopy. I removed a fair amount of small leaves and a few wispy stems that weren't gonna make it to the top. Nothing really drastic. Maybe it will make her fatten the buds quicker or more.

Trimmed a few leaves on the Gelato33 that were covering buds. Gonna be some really fat buds on this girl and pretty firm at this point. Sugar leaves are sticky! And she is STANKY!!!! I had a window open yesterday for the glorious fresh cool air, but the humidity went up to 70%. Gotta be a little more careful on humidity from this point on with the bud structure on this girl. I need some input on what's the best humidity for this point forward. The next time I grow this strain, I will let her grow more natural and just open her up and grow with other smallish strains. Oh yeah........SHE SMELLS!!!!

15gal GG#4 is chugging along making buds and frost. Even bottom buds are firm.

All got fed with MC with fresh rainwater. Miss Wispy was thirsty! Gave her a full gallon with a top watering, mixed up more feed and gave the Gelato half gallon in the tray and then gave15gal GG#4 a full gallon in the tray. With the trays being the same size and the 15gal is just slightly smaller than the diameter of the tray, it's a little more difficult to direct water the bottom from the mixing container, but sucks it up at a higher rate. Mixed up more feed with rainwater, gave Miss Wispy a half gallon in the tray and gave the gelato another half gallon in the tray also. Both soaked it up within 15min. Finished the watering with another half gallon in the 15gal GG#4.

All these details on watering is directed at fellow newbs on how I get a fully watered pot and to maybe draw a correlation between light height/intensity to water usage. Water usage has been seemingly lower for the shorter girls than previous usage due to me moving up the lights to accommodate Miss Wispy's upwards growth. The move up was a compromise between optimal height for intensity for the shorter girls and trying to prevent light stress for Miss Wispy. With the shorter girls at a better height for light intensity, I should see an increase in water consumption, IF my assumptions are correct.

With the Gelato at 58 days, I can see that she's gonna go towards the longer side of the breeder's estimates.

Miss Wispy lower canopy
MissWispy.jpg

Gelato33
...................probally should have got a natural light bud structure pic, but it was 2:30 this morning/

IMG_20200922_001318469_HDR.jpg

15gal GG#4
IMG_20200922_001210864_HDR.jpg

Better canopy!
Had to move the fan in the pic up and different power supply
IMG_20200922_014724736_HDR.jpg

I believe 40% humidity is what you should be aiming for in flowering.

Beautifully even canopy.

Well, I have, again, an even canopy. I made two more platforms. Moved the lights back up. Miss Wispy had signs of light stress on a few leaves.
Miss Wispy got a pretty good trim to her lower canopy. I removed a fair amount of small leaves and a few wispy stems that weren't gonna make it to the top. Nothing really drastic. Maybe it will make her fatten the buds quicker or more.

Trimmed a few leaves on the Gelato33 that were covering buds. Gonna be some really fat buds on this girl and pretty firm at this point. Sugar leaves are sticky! And she is STANKY!!!! I had a window open yesterday for the glorious fresh cool air, but the humidity went up to 70%. Gotta be a little more careful on humidity from this point on with the bud structure on this girl. I need some input on what's the best humidity for this point forward. The next time I grow this strain, I will let her grow more natural and just open her up and grow with other smallish strains. Oh yeah........SHE SMELLS!!!!

15gal GG#4 is chugging along making buds and frost. Even bottom buds are firm.

All got fed with MC with fresh rainwater. Miss Wispy was thirsty! Gave her a full gallon with a top watering, mixed up more feed and gave the Gelato half gallon in the tray and then gave15gal GG#4 a full gallon in the tray. With the trays being the same size and the 15gal is just slightly smaller than the diameter of the tray, it's a little more difficult to direct water the bottom from the mixing container, but sucks it up at a higher rate. Mixed up more feed with rainwater, gave Miss Wispy a half gallon in the tray and gave the gelato another half gallon in the tray also. Both soaked it up within 15min. Finished the watering with another half gallon in the 15gal GG#4.

All these details on watering is directed at fellow newbs on how I get a fully watered pot and to maybe draw a correlation between light height/intensity to water usage. Water usage has been seemingly lower for the shorter girls than previous usage due to me moving up the lights to accommodate Miss Wispy's upwards growth. The move up was a compromise between optimal height for intensity for the shorter girls and trying to prevent light stress for Miss Wispy. With the shorter girls at a better height for light intensity, I should see an increase in water consumption, IF my assumptions are correct.

With the Gelato at 58 days, I can see that she's gonna go towards the longer side of the breeder's estimates.

Miss Wispy lower canopy
View attachment 1236022

Gelato33
...................probally should have got a natural light bud structure pic, but it was 2:30 this morning/

View attachment 1236024

15gal GG#4
View attachment 1236025

Better canopy!
Had to move the fan in the pic up and different power supply
View attachment 1236026
This is why I nom’d you for the feature grow of the week. Your attention to detail and canopy should be featured. Great job sir

Last edited:
I believe 40% humidity is what you should be aiming for in flowering.

Beautifully even canopy.
Thanks for the advice. I'm working on lowering it. Turning on my central a/c and turning down the exhaust fan.
May switch the girls back to 6AM to midnight with day temps back down again.

This is why I mom’s you for the feature grow of the week. Your attention to detail and canopy should be featured. Great job sir
I saw that!:d5:
Thanks Dman!:cheers:

I go into detail, first that just me......I attribute my Dad and damn military....... as a reference for my future grows and maybe some can learn from what and how I'm adapting to growing canna vs other crops in the past.

I can hands down say one thing, I'm having fun! While it's not as fun, nor as complicated, as drag racing or building cars, it IS pretty damn interesting and hopefully rewarding. And it doesn't HURT as much as the other things too ...........after I come down from the adrenaline! LOL!

I saw that!:d5:
Thanks Dman!:cheers:

I go into detail, first that just me......I attribute my Dad and damn military....... as a reference for my future grows and maybe some can learn from what and how I'm adapting to growing canna vs other crops in the past.

I can hands down say one thing, I'm having fun! While it's not as fun, nor as complicated, as drag racing or building cars, it IS pretty damn interesting and hopefully rewarding. And it doesn't HURT as much as the other things too ...........after I come down from the adrenaline! LOL!
Having fun is # 1 I always @least personal grows they look great bud

Back