New Grower First grow: White Widow

Day 40: it’s been 5 days since I did some defol and the girls have reacted better than I could have hoped for! They look happy to me. Same feed schedule been doing 6ml cal/mag, 6 ml micro, and 10 ml bloom per gallon every other day PH’d to around 6.3 and just PH’d water every other day. Temp 67-70F and RH pretty steady between 55-60%. As always any feedback, tips, or tricks greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• CFB4321A-83EC-456B-8DDA-587D3DECD71A.jpeg
    CFB4321A-83EC-456B-8DDA-587D3DECD71A.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 27D57BC9-D4AF-4C64-A256-CF957B359B91.jpeg
    27D57BC9-D4AF-4C64-A256-CF957B359B91.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 155
Day 45: just a quick update not much to say. The girls look beautiful and really starting to produce a ton of cola’s. Can someone tell me what the expected time frame has been for the White Widows?

Attachments

• 2A5526BE-AA21-44D6-914E-40E0CDAA8938.jpeg
    2A5526BE-AA21-44D6-914E-40E0CDAA8938.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 142
  • E9E20B4C-BEE0-47B8-8EB1-EC8764CA1C1B.jpeg
    E9E20B4C-BEE0-47B8-8EB1-EC8764CA1C1B.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 138
  • DAB0FDF9-395E-4457-9FE7-83055189FD01.jpeg
    DAB0FDF9-395E-4457-9FE7-83055189FD01.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 118
Has everyone completely left the site or just stopped commenting on posts? I've asked a few questions in the last almost 2 weeks with no responses at all. It's too sad that in just the 2 months I've been here at AFN the traffic here seems like it has virtually stopped except the chat. This is a very nice site I wish it would bounce back and become more active. I know the journals are for personal reflection to go back and see what you might have done wrong or right during your grow but it's nice to see what others have to suggest or comment on. I really don't want to look elsewhere for help with my girls but being a complete newbie to growing I have a lot of questions I can't answer on my own.

I believe @Son of Hobbes is hopefully looking into cleaning up the site and making it more interactive and less spread out so it feels like a home again. Your Sentiments are one that I see daily from new and old users alike. I hope they are being noticed because I have been saying for months the same thing. There are just to many sub forums and crap that imho were created to make the site look bigger but clearly just splintered it into little alcoves where people get lost. Most stickies haven’t been viewed in 1-2 years and the sub forums that get little to no traffic should be rolled up. Lights and breeders that used to be bustling are ghost towns.

The site and its owners have had many ups and downs over the past year. Add to that that this is a new world for some of us and many would rather enjoy a nice casual chat about how things are doing with our plants rather than getting involved in battles. They moved much of that over to HOTT but now AFN seems to be an after thought.

BTW your plants look good, keep doing what you are doing.

@ admin please clean the site up and get rid of the piles of 2 year old stickies. Consolidate at least half of the sub forums and groups back into the grow journals and hopefully the limited traffic will not be so spread out and we can feel like a group again.

@Son of Hobbes. I am a huge fan of the site the way it was when I joined. I am not saying the things I am to try and judge your actions in any way. I come from marketing and for every one person that complains there are ten that don’t bother and just walk away.

I believe @Son of Hobbes is hopefully looking into cleaning up the site and making it more interactive and less spread out so it feels like a home again. Your Sentiments are one that I see daily from new and old users alike. I hope they are being noticed because I have been saying for months the same thing. There are just to many sub forums and crap that imho were created to make the site look bigger but clearly just splintered it into little alcoves where people get lost. Most stickies haven’t been viewed in 1-2 years and the sub forums that get little to no traffic should be rolled up. Lights and breeders that used to be bustling are ghost towns.

The site and its owners have had many ups and downs over the past year. Add to that that this is a new world for some of us and many would rather enjoy a nice casual chat about how things are doing with our plants rather than getting involved in battles. They moved much of that over to HOTT but now AFN seems to be an after thought.

BTW your plants look good, keep doing what you are doing.

@ admin please clean the site up and get rid of the piles of 2 year old stickies. Consolidate at least half of the sub forums and groups back into the grow journals and hopefully the limited traffic will not be so spread out and we can feel like a group again.

@Son of Hobbes. I am a huge fan of the site the way it was when I joined. I am not saying the things I am to try and judge your actions in any way. I come from marketing and for every one person that complains there are ten that don’t bother and just walk away.

I think my favourite forum experience is discourse, there isn't much to rival it imho but on this site, being a relative newbie, I pretty much stick to the 'new posts' page the whole time rather than wade through the forums and posting is easy and fuss free.

A lot of those sub forums you see used to be part of larger forums if I remember correctly. For those that browse like I do it was easy to roll through and catch most of what was going on. After the split when hydroponics and the autopots section and many other threads got splintered all across the site into sub forums you had to makes sure went into that sub forum to see what was going on there. It was about them that I think things really started to change. They had server issues and links were broken and attendance dropped because site was down a lot.

Now the response will be something along the lines of “if I want to see those threads I can follow them”. No that’s not how it works. We get news feeds so we can see ALL the news. If I only followed threads in xxx then I would miss a lot. And that’s what’s happening now. Unless you want a million alerts, or you systematically go down the list of forums it’s very tough to see it all.

imagine it this way. A huge office with tons of desks and everyone working and having a good time. You can see whose here, what they are doing and if things are going well. Boss decided that’s distracting and installs cubicles. No I have no idea what’s going on in another area unless I physically get up and walk over. Might get to another cube and realize no one has been there for a month. So we just stay in our cube and talk amongst those closest to us. Then boss buys a new building and we all get offices with doors. That’s us now.

Let’s go back to the loud fun office with no walls or doors.

Has everyone completely left the site or just stopped commenting on posts? I've asked a few questions in the last almost 2 weeks with no responses at all. It's too sad that in just the 2 months I've been here at AFN the traffic here seems like it has virtually stopped except the chat. This is a very nice site I wish it would bounce back and become more active. I know the journals are for personal reflection to go back and see what you might have done wrong or right during your grow but it's nice to see what others have to suggest or comment on. I really don't want to look elsewhere for help with my girls but being a complete newbie to growing I have a lot of questions I can't answer on my own.

:pass:
with the site change over,has sent some things wonky with alerts etc....if you were subscribes/following stuff...yurn it off and on again....yep i know stupid it advice from a non it peep :paleo:
i know lots of folks follow threads/sections/peeps.....i have everything turned off but quotes and @ for me.
if i followed 1 thing id have to follow 1000 things...i have followed things by accident though.
ya want some help/advice an opinion ya gotta use quotes and @'s.i try my best to keep up,and not be 3 weeks behind.an @ helps a ton :pass:

this being the mark 2 of the forum,lots of stuff is different,in the wrong place etc.etc.so its gonna take a while to get it into some kind of shape :coffee2: we dont have a team of IT peeps,just a few volunteers doing what they can when they can :d5: the old forum threads and sections moved,it evolved,same as mark 2 forum will.
there is a big big list of options and tick boxed in the user account options.checking them over could help out a bit in the meantime :coffee:
time frame....30 ish days :shrug:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Back