New Grower First Grow - Short Stuff Purple Amnesia Haze

I do notice Bud Candy in your mix - I'd only use this in heavy mid to late flower (that would be what I would call one of my boosters) but it all depends on the plant and the size.

I was told (maybe incorrectly?) That bud candy is good in small doses during veg yo feed the root building bacteria that I am adding.
You think better to leave it out?

Never done lst before (ha).
How's this look?
You are supposed to bend the plant sideways, not the pot [emoji23] :)

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

@FullDuplex @Feenix hey guys, sorry to summon you out of the ether, but I need some help. A couple posts ago I wrote about a ppm issue.
I guess I'll say again... after all the additives I added I had a ppm of around 1100 I got scared and diluted to around 850.
Was that wrong? What is an appropriate ppm?

I should add that i water my 1L air pots by putting it in a bucket and dunking the whole air pot in.

One more... when is the time to transplant yo final pot?

@FullDuplex @Feenix hey guys, sorry to summon you out of the ether, but I need some help. A couple posts ago I wrote about a ppm issue.
I guess I'll say again... after all the additives I added I had a ppm of around 1100 I got scared and diluted to around 850.
Was that wrong? What is an appropriate ppm?

I should add that i water my 1L air pots by putting it in a bucket and dunking the whole air pot in.

One more... when is the time to transplant yo final pot?

Hey Jewbilee, Sorry for your trouble. I'm the wrong guy to ask. I have to admit to not having a working ph or ppm meter for a couple years. Since I switched to Advance Nutrients that are hyped as ph perfect.and then the REMO I'm using at the moment. I do need to order one this week in preparation for the Dutch Passion test grow. Other than from a cup of starting mix which I pot right after sprout, I don't transplant. I'm into the KISS method of keeping it simple.
I'm sure that neglecting the ph and ppm aspects will eventually bite me on the ass. :toke:

Don't hesitate to use the infirmary.

Imma try one more time here, then I'll fill out an infirmary report...
So I went away for the weekend, I was worried about my little ladies, but not much to do about it, was gone from Friday to Sunday night. When I came back they were obviously quite thirsty, but in addition, i saw that the old growth at the bottom of the plant was turning a very light green. The new growth is an amazing dark green (90's Jaguar hunter green), but the old leaves turned a bright yellow/green color. Additionally, today is three weeks since sprout, and it seems the plants are already flowering. Some sort of stress?
Wondering what it may be, and how I should go about addressing it.
20180716_084157.jpg
20180716_084120.jpg
20180716_084112.jpg

That is the trouble when one thing goes wrong and you hesitate on getting timely info. You can start chasing symptoms that developed that aren't always related to the original. If you give it to the pros at first concern, you may cut out some grief. Then you can pass what you learn from them on to the next guy. That will be telling him to use the infirmary. :doc:

Good morning AutoflowerFriends,
@mcpd_refugee, I have thought about it, but am still up in the air about how to handle it. This was obviously one of the main things u hoped to gain some guidance about. But more on that in another post. Because while bi was greeted this morning with a very green pine aroma from my little feminized friend, it is not yet the conspicuous smell which I have to worry about.

What I wanted to do today was:
1. Fill in some of the holes from my OP.
2. Talk about light distance
3. Talk about LST/topping.

1. I forgot to talk about my soil. I started the seeds in McEnroe Organic Potting Soil. Upon transplant to the 1L Air Pots, I mixed: 1 part MG organic care potting soil (I have heard this stuff is not great, but I find it has the best drainage of all the soils i have used so far so i wanted to use it as a base). 1 part McEnroe Organic Compost, and 1 part McEnroe Organic Potting Mix. To this I added about 30% perlite and a pint of so of worm castings. Additionally, every other feeding has been getting 3ml/L of CalMag.

2. This one really ties in to [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG]. In my current setup, I have the two plants at two separate distances. AH1, the older plant, I have about 1.5-2 inches from the T5s, AH2, which is about a week younger is about 5-6 inches away. Now AH1 has not stretched much at all, and AH2 looks like it has an extra 1/2 inch on where [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] was at this stage of the game (I will post updated pictures in the next post). This issue will be resolved once my tent is ready (hopefully by the end of week), and all the plants will be level, but until then I just switched the plants.
This really only becomes an issue as I consider:

3. LST/topping.
First of all, about the stretching, it seems like it is going to be hard to do LST without some more stretch on AH1. Should I try anyway?
Also to top or not to top? I read that if by 2 weeks you have robust growth and 4 nodes then topping is an option. Should I forget about this in my first grow? What should I do about the LST?
Again, thanks for all your help.
Pics to follow...
Personally, I have only a couple auto grows in but have been doing photos for some time, I've gone just about to the start of the 4th week on topping. I was certain my first grow not to top or do lil to no training(au natural) but I couldn't control myself. Training topping fmling defoliate... etc. Are all fairly easy and if plants are healthy bounce back quickly. I mean there's only one way to find out.
Good luck friend I'll be keeping and eye out for this thread
Subbed

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Could be a little light on nitrogen so is drawing it from lower leaves to feed the top. Preflower at 3 weeks is not unheard of . You have to watch your nutes on those little pots and constantly make adjustments.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Back