New Grower First Grow - Short Stuff Purple Amnesia Haze

I just read that my cornucopia x2 (2-1-2) is no good for my little feminized family, the guy in the shop swore by it and is a vet (not as in VFW vet, a vet in these areas...)
The plants seem to be thriving now, but people have been having trouble with X2 as the plants get bigger

I top mine if they are tall plants, I don't want a tall main cola but prefer a few smaller ones as it's easier to manage in my space. I did a how to a few months ago.
I would say your first one looks a little short so maybe 4 or 5 inches is right height for the light.
You can LST the main stem anytime you like, if you are just doing branches then you just need enough branch to bend to start. I wait until they are a couple of inches long.
Finally If it gets too tall you can always super crop!

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

The plants woke up this morning (they are on a 20.5/3.5 schedule that turns on at around 12:30) with a lovely surprise. Are these the pistils? At 15 days since sprout? Isn't that early?
Also, is the reddish purple just the strain? Or is that the beginning of something going wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180710-030350_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180710-030350_Gallery.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 75
:karmacloud: Good luck with your grow! :headbang:

The plants woke up this morning (they are on a 20.5/3.5 schedule that turns on at around 12:30) with a lovely surprise. Are these the pistils? At 15 days since sprout? Isn't that early?
Also, is the reddish purple just the strain? Or is that the beginning of something going wrong?
Looks normal to me, looks like pistils to me, yes a little early, has she been in shock at all?

Yip - those are the pubescent flowers - they will go on to form little buds (popcorn) - you will soon see clusters appearing in the tips and side branches will stretch and fill out as main flowering starts. It is a tad early - but since my best yielding were an early flowering one and a late flowering one... well you never know (it's all part of the experience).

I wouldn't worry about the red leaf stems (often just the underside - sometimes more), as you say genetics... if the plant had been a big bush and was showing this unexpectedly we might be asking questions.

Just remember - we've all been there (or will be one day)...

Happy growng :weed:

Last edited:
Yip - those are the pubescent flowers - they will go on to form little buds (popcorn) - you will soon see clusters appearing in the tips and side branches will stretch and fill out as main flowering starts. It is a tad early - but since my best yielding were an early flowering one and a late flowering one... well you never know (it's all part of the experience).

Just remember - we've all been there (or will be one day)...

Happy growng :weed:
Nice! Thanks so much.
Mind if I ask another one?
I switched some of my nutes (preemptive because people have had trouble with what I was using as the plants grew) and am having trouble finding an answer to my ppm question.
I am currently using:
AN Connaisseur grow AB
AN b52
A rooting hormone similar to AN piranha
Bud candy
Cornucopia plant energy.

So after I added all the nutes the ppm was close to 1000. I diluted it with water because that number scares me and the guy at my local hydro store said always better to under feed the whole time rather then nute burn even once.

What do I do? The plants are in the middle of their third week? Am I mixing wrong? Am I worrying about nothing?
Please help!

Looks normal to me, looks like pistils to me, yes a little early, has she been in shock at all?

No shock that I know of, except the transplant in to the air pots, but they did not skip a beat when I transplanted and continued growing immediately

Sorry - I can't help you there - I use a pretty much organic soil mix (garden compost enriched) with some added PK and supposed 'boosters' towards the end. Been growing plants of one kind or another for so long it's easier for me than getting all technical with ppm's hydro feeds and monitored feeding regimes. I'm sure someone can help tho.. :D

I do notice Bud Candy in your mix - I'd only use this in heavy mid to late flower (that would be what I would call one of my boosters) but it all depends on the plant and the size.

Never done lst before (ha).
How's this look?

Attachments

• 20180711_072708.jpg
    20180711_072708.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 75
Back