New Grower First Grow Short Stuff No. 1

Hey! Thanks a lot man. I added a small fan to bring air threw the crack. What temperature would you start worrying at?

Well I'd consider anything above 85 too hot. If you supply them with fresh CO2 they should even then do fine to a certain point.
Here's a nice read if you're interested on the subject http://www.growweedeasy.com/co2

I don't have any more money to invest on this grow, and the temperature is ranging between 84-86 on my petco meter. :slaps:

I have a Stanley blower but im baffled on how i can make it a functional intake. Maybe I will think of something.

I got one of those blue ice packs wrapped a wet papertowel around it and an intake desk fan is blowing cold air onto it. Got the temps down to 80. :hump:

Last edited:
It got it's first set true leaves today.
Temps are about 79-83 daylight, and 75 during the dark period.

just wanted to say that it's growing nicely and that it had 3 true leaves and 3 first set of leaves instead of 2.
Quality is garbage. Sorry my webcam sucks.. WIN_20150329_125450.jpg

View attachment 434879Just finally installed the inline fan, carbon filter, and the hps. The temp rose from 75-80 to 80-85. Is that a problem? I just cracked the cabinet for a passive intake hopefully it will go down. Sorry for the horrible pic.

Hi RQS, it looks like from the picture that you have your inline fan blowing out of the tent and that you are pulling air through the flex duct from the bottom of the tent. If that is true that is not what you want.

Take the flex duct off that goes from the fan to the bottom of the tent. Since warm air rises you want to pull air in through a bottom vent in the tent and then have the fan sucking out the hot air at the top of the tent and pushing it out.

When the tent is closed up this will allow cool air to come in at the bottom and the hot air at the top to be pulled out

Babies are looking good

Hi RQS, it looks like from the picture that you have your inline fan blowing out of the tent and that you are pulling air through the flex duct from the bottom of the tent. If that is true that is not what you want.

Take the flex duct off that goes from the fan to the bottom of the tent. Since warm air rises you want to pull air in through a bottom vent in the tent and then have the fan sucking out the hot air at the top of the tent and pushing it out.

When the tent is closed up this will allow cool air to come in at the bottom and the hot air at the top to be pulled out

Babies are looking good
I took the carbon filter off for the time being. The inline duct fan is sucking hot air and taking it out. I crack one of the doors and have a desk fan blowing air in. Growth is looking on great wish I had a good cam..

Growth has been overall well, she's at her third node. Today I noticed the leaves drooping and the soil was dry so I gave her a nice water, about 10% run off. The run off water was about 5 PH. I'm not too worried because she looks great despite the droopiness. For my next water I will PH the water a bit higher to compensate for the low PH (FFOF).

Hi RQS, with 5.0pH runoff what was the water going in?

About 6.5, I have the ph tester that comes with the GH ph control kit. I know I should have a digital meter but this is better than nothing.

About 6.5, I have the ph tester that comes with the GH ph control kit. I know I should have a digital meter but this is better than nothing.

Hey QRS,

I'm only learner myself but I'm sure than means your soil PH is 3.5, which is really low

Rough Calculation Guide: by GoAuto6

Here's some good info on ph.....
If your runoff pH is higher than your starting pH, use this equation to determine your soil pH:*
Soil pH = Runoff pH + Difference

If your runoff pH is lower than your starting pH, us this equation:
Soil pH = Runoff pH - Difference.

For example, say your the starting pH of your solution before it goes in is 6.5 and the pH of your runoff is 7.0. The difference is +0.5, so using the above equation:
Soil pH = 7.0 + 0.5*
Soil pH = 7.5

If your starting pH is 6.5 and your runoff is 6.0, your difference is -0.5 and using the above equation:
Soil pH = 6.0 - 0.5
Soil pH = 5.5

Back