New Grower First grow- seedsman northern lights

Mostly pictures today. I watered the twins yesterday. Between the two they got 1gal dH2O with 15ml big bloom + recharge + yucca. The girl on the left seemed to like it okay, the girl on the right is complaining with her smaller leaves doing the twisty thing. At least the colors are better.
View attachment 1368988
I'd really like for them to hurry up and make these buds. They're making more pistils but I guess they're going to have a long preflower stretch. They're growing at probably ~.5 to 1 inch a day.

Here's the GSC auto in the hempy bucket. She's making lots and lots of lady parts all over. I think she'll flower faster than the northern lights plants. I've started some light LST. Nothing to the main stem--just getting lower branches spreading out. My goal with this one is to pretty much let it do its thing and stress it as little as I can manage.
View attachment 1368995

Here's the grape dosi breath in DWC. This is fun so far. Its first leaves yellowed and the reservoir got a little musty early on but I think I caught it just in time and it's been smooth sailing since, so far. It's at about day 20, for reference.
View attachment 1368999View attachment 1368997View attachment 1368998
gd...your training looks so much better than mine :p

gd...your training looks so much better than mine :p
I spent alot of time bending the main stem of the left side northern lights twin over to the side of the pot, and tried to run it along the edge. It eventually just pushed up too hard on the wires. The stem on that looks like a tree now. It seems a bit smaller now than the right twin and that one stalled for a week or more early on. I'm thinking less is more, for me, right now, at least. Mileage varying and whatnot.

Yeah, I kinda did the same and ran into "ok, so where do I want the main stem to end up??" Just got to the point now where the main stem is too big / gonna go where it's gonna go - so now it's time to just keep spreading the side branches.

Curious - are you using continuous air flow or on/off control for your ventilation? And, what size oscillating fan do you have for circulating air?

Yeah, I kinda did the same and ran into "ok, so where do I want the main stem to end up??" Just got to the point now where the main stem is too big / gonna go where it's gonna go - so now it's time to just keep spreading the side branches.

Curious - are you using continuous air flow or on/off control for your ventilation? And, what size oscillating fan do you have for circulating air?
You could totally still bend it, just gotta let it dry out some so the cells aren't as turgid. Turgidity is what leads to accidentally snapping them.

Both tents have a 4" exhaust fan that runs all the time. The 2×4 tent has a cheapo walmart oscillating fan that was on sale that stays on all the time. It's 16" I think, but i had to take the base off of it and hang it in the tent, so it doesn't actually oscillate anymore. The base was too big. The smaller tent has a 12" hurricane fan clipped to the pole that runs all the time. I really don't like how these hurricane fans clip onto the poles-- I can't figure out how to get them to point in the best direction. One day I'll buy tower fans.

Busy time this morning. The twins were still having the twisted new growth and whatnot so several folks suggested I should flush with plain water because it looked like I had a lockout situation. With the twisted leaves and slowwwwww flowering this seemed a reasonable suggestion. My initial runoff readings were showing pHs in the low 5s and ppms as high as 2k! So i put water through them until I got stable readings in the 6.3-6.5 and 900-1000ppm range. Hopefully this helps and we can get some buds forming before it's too late for these plants and i get tiny marble buds.

My GSC is trucking along and showing lots and lots of flowering. I guess I just updated these plants on here but they're more fun to talk about than the older girls with their issues.
20210922_113934_Burst01.jpg
20210922_114040_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210922_092945_322.jpg
20210922_144724_HDR.jpg

Update: after talking with some others who've grown seedsman "autos" I'm flipping these like they're photoperiods. They got an early bedtime last night and surprisingly look healthier than they have in weeks.

I got a new phone and it makes my plants look better.
**These are the other plants--not the northern lights being flipped.
IMG_20210930_144836_480.jpg
IMG_20210930_144836_496.jpg
IMG_20210930_144836_519.jpg
IMG_20210930_144836_541.jpg
IMG_20210930_144836_563.jpg

Here's a shot of the girl scout cookie's top. She's starting to stack. The northern lights--ostensibly the subject of this whole thread--are way behind this in flowering. Hopefully the light period flip gets them moving.

PXL_20211004_130836750.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211004_130836750.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
PXL_20211004_130618220.PORTRAIT.jpg

Back