New Grower First grow, Royal Dwarf, UK outdoor

Update: Testing has commenced.

I've hardly looked at the forums for the last couple of weeks, life's still been busy so I hope everyone's good out there!

Well both jars have sat steadily at 63% RH for coming up to 2 weeks and this week I have vaped some bud and smoked some bud in a joint.
It was my first vaping experience and the Focusvape seems to be a nice bit of kit. I started off at 140 degrees then worked up to 200 in the first stint until the vapes 5 minute shut off kicked in. Was quite weird to have hardly any "smoke" on the exhale, but it felt nice and clean and not stinky like a fat joint! Really different taste experience compared to a joint, I was getting lavender for sure, some pine and of course the unforgettable taste of weed! The high came on slowly, a nice warm feeling, a bit floaty when I got up but quite alert in the head, I felt chatty and a bit giggly.
So after a while I went back to the vape and went through another cycle with the same load but starting at 200 degrees and working upto 240. At the higher temps I got a warmer inhale of course, a little more harsh and more cloud on the exhale. I felt a nice buzz after the higher temp session which turned into a body stone which had me kicking back on the sofa just enjoying the relaxing feeling which is what I was hoping for. I get quite bad anxiety and stress and I definitely felt my levels drop a notch which was nice.

So the next day I rolled a joint. Now maybe it was down to the bud, i.e it could of had a different trichome ratio compared to the vaped bud but my god it was a hugely different experience to the vape. I smoked just half the joint, probably a bit too quickly cos it was raining outside and I was getting wet! As I walked in I already felt heavy with my eyes drooping and a warm feeling all over. I got the munchies which is something that the vape didn't do so I stood in the kitchen eating a bag of crisps feeling all stupid. And then the stone hit me like a train! I haven't hallucinated for years since my tripping days but that joint made me trip I'm sure of it! I was also loosing big chunks of time, not being able to remember how I'd got from one part of the house to the next and what I'd be doing for the last 20 minutes! My head was playing alsorts of tricks on me so I flopped into bed and curled into a ball and sunk into a cloud of intense stone and eventually deep sleep.
As I said on one of my previous posts I've not used Cannabis for many years so my tolerance I'm sure is pretty low but boy that half a joint kicked my arse! Don't get me wrong it was pleasurable and euphoric but at the same time the intensity level wasn't always comfortable. It won't put me off smoking, but maybe I won't toke half a joint down in 2 minutes flat next time!

Cheers
Swan

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Update: Collecting the kief.

Well tonight I decided to do something with the bag of trim that's been sitting in the shed for weeks.

I did order some bubble bags when I first harvested dwarfy but really didn't feel like going through all that process late on a Friday night after a bitch of a week so here's what I did instead.

I put all my trim in a Tupperware box then threw in a handful of glass marbles and put the whole thing in the freezer.

Every 30 mins I took the box out, shook it around then back in the freezer.

I did this 3 times while I ate dinner, chatted with my girl and watched a bit of tv.

After the 3rd shake I carefully removed the marbles and gently shook from side to side to encourage the larger material to the top.

I skimmed off the large material and repeated the shake n skim a few times.

I could see a thin golden layer stuck to the sides and lid of the box, hehe I think it might be working!

But there was still some green plant material in the bottom of the box that I was sure would be mixed with kief so I didn't want to just dump that last bit out.

I scraped around the box and lid with a spatula till I had a nice little pile.

I tipped the pile onto the mesh of my 4 piece grinder and used the spatula to pass it through the mesh till just last of the green plant material was left up top.

And this is what I got down below....

fad074fec9d454e39cb1a0ebe62169e7.jpg

Probably not the purest but I'm quite pleased for an off the cuff quick n easy method.

TTFN
Swan

Update: Collecting the kief.

Well tonight I decided to do something with the bag of trim that's been sitting in the shed for weeks.

I did order some bubble bags when I first harvested dwarfy but really didn't feel like going through all that process late on a Friday night after a bitch of a week so here's what I did instead.

I put all my trim in a Tupperware box then threw in a handful of glass marbles and put the whole thing in the freezer.

Every 30 mins I took the box out, shook it around then back in the freezer.

I did this 3 times while I ate dinner, chatted with my girl and watched a bit of tv.

After the 3rd shake I carefully removed the marbles and gently shook from side to side to encourage the larger material to the top.

I skimmed off the large material and repeated the shake n skim a few times.

I could see a thin golden layer stuck to the sides and lid of the box, hehe I think it might be working!

But there was still some green plant material in the bottom of the box that I was sure would be mixed with kief so I didn't want to just dump that last bit out.

I scraped around the box and lid with a spatula till I had a nice little pile.

I tipped the pile onto the mesh of my 4 piece grinder and used the spatula to pass it through the mesh till just last of the green plant material was left up top.

And this is what I got down below....

fad074fec9d454e39cb1a0ebe62169e7.jpg

Probably not the purest but I'm quite pleased for an off the cuff quick n easy method.

TTFN
Swan

well in swan waste not want not i just stated anew grow are you doing any more inside this time

well in swan waste not want not i just stated anew grow are you doing any more inside this time
I was planning to do indoor but I haven't set up yet. No rush as my last harvest will last me for a while.
I've seen your new set-up, nice man! [emoji108][emoji106]

I was planning to do indoor but I haven't set up yet. No rush as my last harvest will last me for a while.
I've seen your new set-up, nice man! [emoji108][emoji106]

cheers pal tag me in if you start a new grow also keep popping in on mine from time to time ..plus did you weed taste nice my outdoor stuff was a lot stronger than i thought it would be

a non smoker or after a tolerance break,sometimes it dont take much to put your head up your arse.in the Dam they advise new smokers to smoke 1/4 or 1/2 and then wait 15mins before sparking up again.
being outdoors seems to open up the lungs more than slumped on sofa,more effective uptake of thc/cbd.
be carefull with the kief.although there are tiny particals of leaves/contaiminents its still a concentrate.
nice new bits of kit.
wolf productions make some nice boxes and pouches
IMG_4202.JPG

nice grow,enjoy.
keep er lit.
:pighug:

cheers pal tag me in if you start a new grow also keep popping in on mine from time to time ..plus did you weed taste nice my outdoor stuff was a lot stronger than i thought it would be
Yes mate, it's tasting good. I'm vaping most of the time so getting so much more layers of flavour and aroma than if I was shoving in a joint!
Good potency too if you see my post about the half joint I toked [emoji3]

a non smoker or after a tolerance break,sometimes it dont take much to put your head up your arse.in the Dam they advise new smokers to smoke 1/4 or 1/2 and then wait 15mins before sparking up again.
being outdoors seems to open up the lungs more than slumped on sofa,more effective uptake of thc/cbd.
be carefull with the kief.although there are tiny particals of leaves/contaiminents its still a concentrate.
nice new bits of kit.
wolf productions make some nice boxes and pouches
View attachment 800373
nice grow,enjoy.
keep er lit.
:pighug:
Thanks for the advice man.

Yeah I had a couple of weekend breaks to the Dam about 15 yrs ago, good times [emoji3]

I went to Australia for a year in my early 20's and found the weed there was good too.

My tolerance is likely to stay low as I'm not vaping or smoking every day. My harvest is likely to last quite a while I reckon.

Cheers
Swan

Right, one more post in here, if anyone is checking in!!

I entered my first grow into the outdoor growers comp and they are taking votes on the final bud photos here

https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/61554/

And here

https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/61553/

If you liked this grow and want to give me a cheeky vote then get on over! There are some other cracking photos so you may well want to vote for someone else instead but that's cool by me.

[emoji3]

Cheers
Swan

Back