New Grower first grow, nycd + blue cheese scrog

soil probe PH/moisture meters.one name pops up all the time as the only one that dont suck is actur8ate or something like that but it £80.
i walked past a lil £3 soil probe like the one you posted in B&Q 5 times.one day i was in and spied it at 99p thought what the hell,after testing i may as well stick it up ma arse.
(ballpark at best)
a £6 yellow digi liquids PH tester is accurate provided you get the testing/cal/clean/storage solutions at another £15.
but thats nothin a bought one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EF83-Hydr...984022&hash=item3d45d729db:g:hrsAAOSwFe5X0ewW when a wanted one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Room-Digi...06&rk=1&rkt=1&&_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226
keep er lit
:pighug:

Cheers lads, looks like ill be making the investment! I did think itd be a bit "hit'n'miss", but id finally gotten the go ahead from the missus and just went for it :yay:

Planning to slowly improve the setup as I go (in it for long haul now)

IMG_20171001_193827.jpg
A cheeky peek at my bc pre flowers day 31

Ill keep ye posted :)

soil probe PH/moisture meters.one name pops up all the time as the only one that dont suck is actur8ate or something like that but it £80.
i walked past a lil £3 soil probe like the one you posted in B&Q 5 times.one day i was in and spied it at 99p thought what the hell,after testing i may as well stick it up ma arse.
(ballpark at best)
a £6 yellow digi liquids PH tester is accurate provided you get the testing/cal/clean/storage solutions at another £15.
but thats nothin a bought one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EF83-Hydr...984022&hash=item3d45d729db:g:hrsAAOSwFe5X0ewW when a wanted one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Room-Digital-LCD-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Indoor-Humidity-Meter-Temperature/132333555958?_trkparms=aid=555017&algo=PL.CASSINI&ao=1&asc=20151005190705&meid=47c41810e2884bd7a04e6117b9a1950a&pid=100506&rk=1&rkt=1&&_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226
keep er lit

Awh man id say that was a shitty surprise when it arrived! I picked up one of those humidity meters, been using towels hung on the sides to soak. Tryin to keep her between 50-80% lol

where do you land on dropping humidity as low as possible for flowering? Ive read it makes the plant produce more resin?

my cupboard jumps between 40-65% couple of times a day,thats just feeding/watering and lights on/off.
not sure on the details but dont think hum becomes a real problem untill less than 30 or more than 70 (ish) some dessert/rainforrest ish folks use de/humidifiers to help further.

my cupboard jumps between 40-65% couple of times a day,thats just feeding/watering and lights on/off.
not sure on the details but dont think hum becomes a real problem untill less than 30 or more than 70 (ish) some dessert/rainforrest ish folks use de/humidifiers to help further.

Yea 30-70 seems to be the consensus, I kinda wanted to push it tho after I read higher humidity during veg is better because they can take in more water easier and stretch faster. Whereas low (like 20 or lower) for flower is better because the plant will produce resin to protect itself drying out?
This REALLY appeals to me because more resin = more hash :hookah:

My grow box isnt the best sealed and even with the light on 24/7 the humidity is usually around 30-50 (without the towels) I can get that up to around 80% and let it slowly drop every 2 or so days. Check out my rig :crying:
IMG_20171001_214234.jpg
IMG_20171001_214227.jpg

My girls in their final position before the scrog makes them impossible to move! prob not going to fill the screen :/ thanks to my poor, abused middle child in the back! But definitely happy with how theyre gettin on!
IMG_20171001_214136.jpg

soooo... scratch that last post, theyve been moved around alot since then :laughcry:

Been doing the rounds of the forums and i must say lads... i got some serious "setup" envy!! :holymoly:

so i decided to prick about a bit lol i should point out now (in case it wasnt terribly obvious) I am a cheap ass cunt, hate spending money (not that ive got a lot) and much prefer jerry riggin/ making something thatll do the job. my grow box is made of old pallets and those lifesaver shiny blankets, my air intake was fashioned from an old xbox fan and my pots are actually a couple of modified brewing barrels i had lying around (dont worry ive still enough to get my homebrew on lol). not to mention my biscuit tin reflector!! :funny:

I got myself some recovered plywood and i built a reflector, sprayed her silver and bobs your uncle. (really improved coverage and i could space the plants better.)
grow box.JPG

then i was watering them yesterday and thought "this is a bit of a struggle, whats it gonna be like a month from now?", and then today, BOOM irrigation kit in lidl 6 quid. so i hooked all that up and knocked it on. gonna check how its getting on in a bit.
irrigation kit.JPG
irrigation rig.JPG

so thats, satisfied the envy... for now :devil:

now on to the real stuff, the girls are coming along grand, lots of new shoots and a bit of scrog training being done. theyre still on 1/4 strength feed of n-p-k (3.5,3.5,3.5) and im wondering should i be upping that to 1/2 strength?

here they are, all day 34;

BC
BC.JPG

BC Top
BC top.JPG

BC Preflower
BC preflower.JPG

Middle child (who is actually showing a lot of promise!)
middle child.JPG

..and a close up
middle child close up.JPG

my nycd
nycd.JPG

and a close up
nycd close up.JPG

and here they all are, under the scrog with theyre new irrigation setup
scrog 1.JPG

and just so ye know, i broke out the Nikon for these pics :photog::funny:

let me know what yas reckon and ill keep ya posted :hippy:

Alotta mistakes/my horror story...

So Im positive ive shocked my girls :/ first I over watered them, and realized I hadn't enough drainage! Go me!
So I whipped together some pots, full of holes and transplanted (I was right the soil was wet and heavy).
I used some bog standard potting soil.
Damaged the roots on my small nyc (lost a 1/3 of root mass) but im pretty sure the other 2 were grand.
Gave all 3 a good water and its been 3 days (been keepin the humidity as high as possible), theres been zero growth, the plants seem more stable at the base (like its rooting again?) but a few leaves have wilted and overall they are a bit droopy.

What should I do? The soil is still a little moist and ive got no access to advanced nutes. Ill post some pics later

Back