New Grower first grow, nycd + blue cheese scrog

hey buddy well done on your first grow. everythings looking spot on : )
dont worry about snapping branches, you'll get used to it and it generally doesnt do much (if any) damage. can always just tape bits back on too. had to do a few tape jobs on my current project after some drunken defol lol. liquid scilicone will help with that aswell. makes the stems basically turn to rubber, its awesome stuff : )
not sure about switching spectrums tbh but i do know someone that clones autos @guerillagrower#65 has had a fair bit of success with it recently.
whatever your doing is working though mate so keep it up ! : )

Dam, I wish id known that ive some there in the aul halloween sfx bag! Next time tho ;) ill have to have a look, in case of further breakage :p ill keep ye posted, cheers man

Dam, I wish id known that ive some there in the aul halloween sfx bag! Next time tho ;) ill have to have a look, in case of further breakage :p ill keep ye posted, cheers man
yeah im not sure thats the same thing mate. might not want to feed them that lol. thats the stuff i use. image.png only need a tiny amount so it lasts forever. cant recomend it enough, its made such a difference : )

yeah im not sure thats the same thing mate. might not want to feed them that lol. thats the stuff i use.View attachment 810864 only need a tiny amount so it lasts forever. cant recomend it enough, its made such a difference : )

I thought ya used it like a plaster as support lol that makes a lot more sense tho! Do ya just add it to their feed?

I thought ya used it like a plaster as support lol that makes a lot more sense tho! Do ya just add it to their feed?
haha brilliant man thats just made my night : ) yeah you just add like 0.3ml per litre to the feed. massively alkaline though so you need to use a ph meter and ph down before you can feed it. never seen you mention ph anywhere so im asuming you havent got one of those?

Hi guys, like I say ive never grown cannabis before (unless you count the time my dog ate my 2 month old plants back when I was 16...).

So I decided to grow autos, quicker harvest, smaller plants and id heard they prefered soil grows. So I got some nyc diesel autos and a free blue cheese auto seed.

I planted 2 nyc and 1 blue cheese each in there own 5 gallon bucket. I used @70% coco coir to @30% of my own compost.
Im using a 300w dual spectrum cfl (currently blue)
I also set up a scrog 10 inches above them.
Im airing on the lighter side of watering due to the lack of perlite and im only using 1/4 strenght nutrients

So right now im at day 25 and im fairly happy with their progress. Theyre just hitting the scrog and I cant see any signs of any major problems

Nyc 1 is o'natural
View attachment 809047 View attachment 809046
Nyc 2 got topped around day 16 and got stunted
View attachment 809045 View attachment 809044
Bc also got topped but I think I didnt take enough off because the cola didnt split?
View attachment 809043 View attachment 809042

So, any tips are welcome and much appreciated!! Cheers I will keep you posted!

Lookin good man! Good healthy green leaves. Also really liking your LST methods.
I'm always reworking my own. I'm a new grower like yourself.
Keep up the good work bud!
More pics soon pls. :smoking:

Lookin good man! Good healthy green leaves. Also really liking your LST methods.
I'm always reworking my own. I'm a new grower like yourself.
Keep up the good work bud!
More pics soon pls. :smoking:

Cheers man :) just tryna get the stalk as horizontal as possible so the side branches reach up to the net. Hopefully ill have more pics of my bc pre flowering when I check em later ;)

Great start mate! Seems you've done your homework lol never have to much knowledge ;) your girls are looking brill mate, nice and healthy :) and deffo tape her up next time, she will come back fighting bigger and stronger than ever ;) excellent work buddy [emoji108]

Yeah invest in a digital ph meter mate, i paid about £6 for mine on ebay, its a cheap standard one but it works :) i dont even need to use mine anymore coz I've tested that much, i just know what the results will be lol

And stick with the blue light if you want her to continue to strech as she's only in pre flower, once the hairs fly out thick and fast...switch over :)

Boo'sBuds[emoji271] https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/60630/

Back