New Grower First Grow- in 40 years

Day 100 I've been advised (Thanks @archie gemmill ) that most of the ladies are 1-2 weeks out for harvest so today I've started with just ph'd ro water to flush. Since I'm really not into the couch lock think I'm leaning towards 1 week. No real vertical movement, mainly buds just filling in and thickening.
I'm kind of surprised A4 doesn't have fatter buds yet since she has the most stout base.

20190901_Grow 1_0801a4_1.png
20190901_Grow 1_0801a4_2.png

A5 was pretty much the baby but it has probably the thickest, densest buds

20190901_Grow 1_0801a5_1.png
20190901_Grow 1_0801a5_2.png

A3 has pretty much been dawdling along and is probably 1-2 weeks behind the rest. Still more lime green. I'll keep feeding her nutes

20190901_Grow 1_0811a3_1.png
20190901_Grow 1_0811a3_2.png

A1A is showing me some of what I would be expecting if I had trimmed it right after mainlining

20190901_Grow 1_0815a1a_1.png
20190901_Grow 1_0815a1a_2.png

I guess every family has an oddball. A2 definitely marches to the tune of a different drummer.

20190901_Grow 1_0820A2_1.png
20190901_Grow 1_0820A2_2.png
20190901_Grow 1_0820A2_3.png

Well. if god is willing and the river don't rise with this dang Dorian flopping around, next week's update will be 1 pic on the hanger

Day 100 I've been advised (Thanks @archie gemmill ) that most of the ladies are 1-2 weeks out for harvest so today I've started with just ph'd ro water to flush. Since I'm really not into the couch lock think I'm leaning towards 1 week. No real vertical movement, mainly buds just filling in and thickening.
I'm kind of surprised A4 doesn't have fatter buds yet since she has the most stout base.

View attachment 1098054 View attachment 1098055

View attachment 1098056 View attachment 1098057

A3 has pretty much been dawdling along and is probably 1-2 weeks behind the rest. Still more lime green. I'll keep feeding her nutes

View attachment 1098058 View attachment 1098059

A1A is showing me some of what I would be expecting if I had trimmed it right after mainlining

View attachment 1098060 View attachment 1098061

I guess every family has an oddball. A2 definitely marches to the tune of a different drummer.

View attachment 1098062 View attachment 1098063 View attachment 1098064

Well. if god is willing and the river don't rise with this dang Dorian flopping around, next week's update will be 1 pic on the hanger

:yay1: a5 for the win! :biggrin: ppp

Have you checked the trichs mate? With a 60x loup.

A4 minimum 4 weeks off. The others 2-3.

They all look a while off and very N heavy. In fact I think you are stunting them. They look seriously toxified. The buds want to grow but they cannot as you are giving them so much N. A5 is a good example.

Drop your N by a third. Not sure what you PK is? @ me if you want me..... :) Too many threads!

A good 3 x pot volume flush would be good IMHO.

Last edited:
I had to raise the ph as well- was 5.4. Ec of feed was 1397 Runoff was 2719 - seems high but I still don't have a satisfactory understanding of that. Seems I see a lot of conflicting info.

tiny lil rust spots is calcium...4 digits is normally pretty strong 2719 is :holymoly:dark dark green,brown tips curled down like a first knuckle is too much N.also too much N can block out the uptake of calcium.

:shrug: i cant remember that,but im a bit of an eejit :paleo: ohh i remember now,Live Stoner Chat it was.you might have a power cut soon :frowny::goodluck: if you have a tent full of plants and the humidity gets up to 90% you looking at lots of mold/budrot.
damned if you do damned if you dont kinda thing :wall: there could be 3 or 4 weeks left :shrug:
the lil twists to the buds is known as foxtailing.i think its pretty,some complain that it makes trimming trickier.
i cant remember that,but im a bit of an eejit :paleo: ohh i remember now,Live Stoner Chat it was.you might have a power cut soon :frowny::goodluck: if you have a tent full of plants and the humidity gets up to 90% you looking at lots of mold/budrot.
damned if you do damned if you dont kinda thing :wall: there could be 3 or 4 weeks left :shrug:
the lil twists to the buds is known as foxtailing.i think its pretty,some complain that it makes trimming trickier.

View attachment 1098054 View attachment 1098055

View attachment 1098056 View attachment 1098057

View attachment 1098058 View attachment 1098059

View attachment 1098060 View attachment 1098061

View attachment 1098062 View attachment 1098063 View attachment 1098064

:shrug: i cant remember that,but im a bit of an eejit :paleo: ohh i remember now,Live Stoner Chat it was.you might have a power cut soon :frowny::goodluck: if you have a tent full of plants and the humidity gets up to 90% you looking at lots of mold/budrot.

looking real good all the same :thumbsup:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:
edit...im a dipstick and replied inside the quote...doh
2nd try doh

Have you checked the trichs mate? With a 60x loup.

A4 minimum 4 weeks off. The others 2-3.

They all look a while off and very N heavy. In fact I think you are stunting them.

Drop your N by a third. Not sure what you PK is? @ me if you want me..... :) Too many threads!

A good 3 x pot volume flush would be good IMHO.
I was feeding them the full course of AN Coco Sensi but a few weeks back got tip burn and found the "ph perfect" wasn't so perfect, so I adjusted it daily. One plant started getting rust spots so I dialed the nutes down by half. Seemed to fix that.The stunting really started way back when I did the mainlining and over trimmed leaves etc.

Never use a full course of a manufactures dose.

Your aim is light green leaves. Less is more. Yours are dark green and waxy = bad.

Takes a day to fix an underfed plant - takes a week of flushing to fix overfeeding. Or even death.

Rust spots just mean you got lockout in your situation. I don't do ppm - but 2*** is just silly! It means all the nutes and salt are locked into your coco and killing your girls.

Get flushing as said. Use RO and PH it to 5.8. Keep going till runoff is EC 0.6. Translate to your ppm range.

Also looks like they have some heat stress. Get more airflow in there.

Stunting won't come from trimming etc. Look what I do to autos in my diary. Look at my diary...... 14 oz from a girl ...... Every step written up per day!

Unfortunately it is simply too much feed.

We need to learn from these mistake to make us better growers. I never go above 0.65 EC...... 660ppm in a ppm scale. I will say it again less is more. Save your cash and get bigger yield bro!

Your PH Perfect comment concerns me. You know the right order to add nutes.....Then check EC. Then adjust PH?

Ph down and bicarb of soda in RO for "pH Up" are mandatory. As you add PK pH rises massively for instance. Or making seedling mix at 0.3EC with RO.....

tiny lil rust spots is calcium...4 digits is normally pretty strong 2719 is :holymoly:dark dark green,brown tips curled down like a first knuckle is too much N.also too much N can block out the uptake of calcium.

looking real good all the same :thumbsup:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:
edit...im a dipstick and replied inside the quote...doh
2nd try doh
I keep forgetting to check runoff. I'll check everything in the AM.
If worse comes to worse and we lose power the alternative is to stick em in a field with 70-100% rh, 90+ temps and who knows what kind of pests and critters
Thanks for the info!

I keep forgetting to check runoff. I'll check everything in the AM.
If worse comes to worse and we lose power the alternative is to stick em in a field with 70-100% rh, 90+ temps and who knows what kind of pests and critters
Thanks for the info!

They will take a day or two without light if you keep feeding them. They are autos and won't hermie. Just keep the feed in. Good luck with the winds bro!

stick em in a field with 70-100% rh, 90+ temps and who knows what kind of pests and critters

...and, not to rub it in by any meanz (truly), but don't forget one other pesky lil thing called -> 185 mph W I N D!! :windy: ppp

Back