New Grower First Grow- in 40 years

I wasn't sure I could get this to show but it worked. This is the weird iridescent look on the leaves of A3
20190815_0290.jpg
20190815_0295.jpg

They look great but, IMO, you are on the edge, with regards feed.

The glow back is the trichomes

Cut it back by half? I've been using the Advanced Nutrients chart but according to that I should have been flushing last week. Kinda in the dark now

Cut it back by half? I've been using the Advanced Nutrients chart but according to that I should have been flushing last week. Kinda in the dark now

The charts are wrong. All manufacturers. They are meant to be diluted.

Really you need an EC pen. But, yeah definitely by half from manufacturers recommendations. They want to sell you $$$$.

Easy to fix an under fed girl - not so to fix an over fed.

Very dark green = on the edge .... very dark green and waxy = over and tip burn = trouble coming soon - get flushing.

I do have a pen but my readings are totally different from yours. I don't know- is that a metric reading you have? Today my water was ph 5.6 ppm 620 ec 1385. I didn't get a chance to check runoff.

So your EC is 1.385..... That is high. I guess you are using tap water in a hard water area? Or your nutes are way too high.

Bump your PH up to 5.8 IMO. 5.8-6.2 is the sweet spot. You can use bicarb of soda (1tsp diluted in 300 ml of water).

PH is logarithmic so 5.6 is massively different to 5.8.

Edit : Looking back at your lovely photos, I do see some tip burn..... so yeah ease off bro!

I've been using RO or water from dehumidifier. The well water here isn't fit for human consumption according to the health dept thus the ro system
I noticed the tip burn but it hadn't gotten any worse so I thought all was good

Yeah it is fine - the girls got older and can take your solution ... just do not go above it.... Start to add PK soon. Really really low at the beginning. I add once stretch is finished. Like 1ml per 5lt. Drop your A+B to keep EC the same.

If I were you, I would drop back to max EC 0.8 and see what happens. Chances are nothing.... but get away from lockout territory mate!

Your goal should be to grow a plant on minimum nutes.

I use RO and apart from one girl at 1.2 in a 40 plant history, do not exceed 0.65. Less is more!!! Keep your PH in range and they will grow better

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll keep a better eye on the numbers. And I definitely don't mind seeing less $$$$ go down the drain

Back