New Grower First grow, humbolt caramel cream (8-3-22)

End of week 1
So full week under my belt

Some pics of the minor light burn I think incurred from having my light a little too bright and too close

Cut power to 40% and moved up to 20in
20220811_192927.jpg

Temps dead at 75 every time I check, humidity staying in the low to mid 50s

Gave it a touch of distilled water. About 1/4 gal just to rehydrate, its drying out much quicker with the clip on now. Also seems to be a little slow, wondering if thats cuz of light intensity?

So full week under my belt

Some pics of the minor light burn I think incurred from having my light a little too bright and too close

Cut power to 40% and moved up to 20in
View attachment 1500048

Temps dead at 75 every time I check, humidity staying in the low to mid 50s

Gave it a touch of distilled water. About 1/4 gal just to rehydrate, its drying out much quicker with the clip on now. Also seems to be a little slow, wondering if thats cuz of light intensity?
5 gallon pot take awhile, the root is still looking for the bottom i guess, it will speed up soon :thumbsup:

I burned the first set of leaves on this Gnome MothMan. She stalled for a couple of days, but after I backed off the light she put out a new set of leaves and kept on trucking. Close to harvest now:
MM.1_day79.jpg

I burned the first set of leaves on this Gnome MothMan. She stalled for a couple of days, but after I backed off the light she put out a new set of leaves and kept on trucking. Close to harvest now:
View attachment 1500104
My main issue with myself is trying to be a perfectionist, even tho I dont do anything perfectly. The worst is I know it too lmao :rofl:

View attachment 1500104
How much did you have to back off, i was running my light at about 50%. Its a 400w and I figured since I got a bigger light than my tent kit would have come with I'd dial it back to what the right light would have been running, at near full power. I think my issue was it was far too close. I was blasting that seedling...par map for that setting would have averaged about 900-1000 directly underneath at 12in above. So I cut it back to 40% so about 160w at 18-20ish inches. Hopefully thats enough relief

View attachment 1500104
Damn if i knew you had a Mothman going i would of been watching nonstop dude, i thought i had you followed too ; / oh well now i can go and watch the history of it :thumbsup: i have 3 mothmans myself and i have big plans for them in a few weeks

Edit: i am following you i just don't get notifications :C :face:

I just had her under an HLG65, a 65w LED board. I think I backed off from 12" to 15". She's finishing under an HLG100 now (100 watts, no dimmer).
Wow a 100w is good enough for a plant that big? Damn I got a lot to learn. I suppose though if the quality of light is good enough thats all that matters.

Wow a 100w is good enough for a plant that big? Damn I got a lot to learn. I suppose though if the quality of light is good enough thats all that matters.
i have a plant growing under a 36w, as long as you have the PAR and DLI yes you can grow nice plants on under 100w lights

Back