New Grower First grow ever. Will keep updated regularly. Feel free to tag along

Illini4life

Dope Farmer ⛽
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
White Crack - Mephisto
Hi everyone so I have my first seeds germinated and potted as of 1 hour ago.

I'm running seedsman white widow autos.
100% germ rate for the 3 I popped.

About done with the tent setup. My carbon filter and duct are on their way by this afternoon

-Apollo Horticulture tent
-2000w KINGLED full spectrum with veg and bloom switch
-AC infinity inline fan, 351 cfm max with 8 adjustable speeds ranging from 100-351 cfm
-Vivosun 6X18in carbon filter *not installed yet
-Hon & Guan 6in blackout duct *not installed yet
-Running RO water
-Fox Farms Trio - Nutes
-Botanicare Cal-mag+
-4 gallon aeration bags
-40/40/20 fox farm ocean forest/fox farm happy frog/perlite
-1 tbsp per gallon soil oyster shells(added buffer)
IMG_20190503_122512.jpg

IMG_20190503_140557.jpg

I prewatered down a small circular path for the main root before planting. Lightly covered with soil and misted the babies to make sure they are moist. I will update when they pop up.

Current environment conditions:
~73°F
~75% RH
-light distance 38in til they pop and start stretching then down to 30in til they establish growth and then planning on 12-24 in depending on how they tolerate the light

I am tagging those who have already requested to be tagged and if you or anyone you think can help me out through this grow I would appreciate a tag! I will have lots of questions I am sure! I was originally going to attempt an outdoor grow but my RH in the midst of the summer is usually sitting around 80%+... YEAH IT'S STICKY! So I'm not taking a chance with bud rot or mold and chose to go with a small scale indoor grow in my garage.

@Wawashell @DABaracuss @HaZyLaZy @AutoWonders @Damien50 @AutoLowRyder @the green bandit @Boognelson87 @Ladiesinthecloset

Like I said feel free to follow the grow with me and I will try to keep it updated every few days. Thanks everyone and if you have any questions about my setup let me know!

Last edited:
Ok so I already have a question that I hope someone can answer. I have the light at 38in from top of pots. I am only running the veg switch, blue light mostly. Should I run it closer because half the LEDS are off, the bloom switch ones with red and IR?
@Damien50 the light man!

Also got the blackout duct installed. Won't be using carbon filter til flower and they start to smell unless you guys recommend running it for whatever reason beforehand

Ok so after some research I decided to run both the veg and flower switch all the way through from start to finish as that's what a lot of research has recommended. If you have any piece to add in about this please let me know

Ok so I already have a question that I hope someone can answer. I have the light at 38in from top of pots. I am only running the veg switch, blue light mostly. Should I run it closer because half the LEDS are off, the bloom switch ones with red and IR?
@Damien50 the light man!

I've never grown with the blurple LEDs but I would imagine 6-12" would be the sweet spot. I run my cobs 4" from the top of the canopy. You can run the whole veg+bloom and I can't think of any particular issues but I've never used these types of lights.

Ok so after some research I decided to run both the veg and flower switch all the way through from start to finish as that's what a lot of research has recommended. If you have any piece to add in about this please let me know
I own 2 kingplus 1500s... You will want more light once they flower. After my first grow I upgraded my lights. Run full spectrum always if that's your only light. I now use mine on bloom channel as supplement to my new lights.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've never grown with the blurple LEDs but I would imagine 6-12" would be the sweet spot. I run my cobs 4" from the top of the canopy. You can run the whole veg+bloom and I can't think of any particular issues but I've never used these types of lights.

I can't run this light that close they would get roasted. It's recommended at 30 inches for seedlings because par level is at 380 and diminishing as it goes outwards naturally. I'm starting a little high till they pop out of their shells and start stretching a bit for the light and then I will slowly go down about an inch or two a day until I hit solid veg state, as recommended by someone here. This isn't as blurple as other lights. It's got more of those colors in between on the scale so it's a very very bright blue, not white persay, but it's definitely not blurple like most would be used to seeing.

I own 2 kingplus 1500s... You will want more light once they flower. After my first grow I upgraded my lights. Run full spectrum always if that's your only light. I now use mine on bloom channel as supplement to my new lights.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yes this is my only light. It's a 2000 kingplus so I figured the one should cut it in my 3X3 tent. Not a massive operation by any means. I sure hope that this light does well in my setting. So since you literally have experience with this brand of lights how did you measure your distance from plant to light during the different stages of growth.

Back