Outdoor First grow - Crystal Candy autos

Cheers! I'm sure it will :thumbsup:

Thanks mate :toke:

Morning AFN :coffee:

So, today is day 56 for CC1 and 48 for CC2. Both plants have had zero problems since the last update, both are on half strength nutes and full strength Bloombastic as they seemed to respond pretty well to that. Both smell great, there's a very strong scent now, its lost a bit of the sweetness but they still smell waaaay better than the Liberty Haze! (She is fine by the way, still full on veg, hit 71" the other day not including pot so i decided to top her to halt the vertical growth)

Temperatures are getting really hot here, most days at the moment are low-mid 40s and 22-25ish overnight (Celsius). I would have thought the plants wouldn't like that much and expected to see some signs of heat-stress, but no, they love it! There is nearly always a gentle breeze on them so i suppose that helps. Still, i'm surprised, but in a good way :biggrin:

Here's some pics, i've been playing around with the camera settings on my tablet trying to improve my photos, but the end result is that some of them look a bit weird now :crying: Oh well, more practice needed i guess :

View attachment 935075 CC1
View attachment 935076 CC1 Main Cola
View attachment 935077CC1 Bud. Some pistils are starting to brown on the ends now, so i guess plant must be entering its final phase :woohoo1:
View attachment 935078CC1 Closer look at the bud
View attachment 935079 CC2 catching up to CC1 as far as volume/density of buds goes. A couple of weeks ago i thought it might end up a bit of a runty version of its sister but its coming along nicely now.
View attachment 935080 CC2 Main Cola
View attachment 935081 CC2 Bud
View attachment 935082 CC2 Close up.

That's about it for this update. Looking to see more pistils browning on CC1 over the next few days and then i'll get the macro camera and have a look at the trichomes.

Thanks to everyone who has stopped by so far, its really cool to have people take an interest in your grow :bighug:

More on Tuesday :note:
Looking Great!! Nice pictures also Cheers Chef Dave

woot woot....they look great bruv!!!
Cheers bro! :d5:

Looking Great!! Nice pictures also Cheers Chef Dave
Thanks man :thumbsup:

Good afternoon fellow AFNers :pass:

Today is day 60 for Crystal Candy 1 and day 52 for Crystal Candy 2. I've decided to stop nutes on CC1 and just give ph'd water as it seems to be in the final stages before chop now and it might flush it somewhat. I'm going to make a decision on Friday whether to chop it or not, depends how its looking. CC2 is carrying on with nutes for now, might make Friday her last day of that though and then just water as she is only a week behind CC1. I've done a little bit of defoliation to both plants, nothing major, just tidying up the very yellow/scraggy leaves lower down.

There's not really much else to report, they are both just packing on the weight at the moment. One thing i did notice though : I've been reading about heat stress to plants, mainly due it being so bloody hot here at the moment, temperatures in my grow area can be in the region of 40-46C (that is on a non-digital thermometer and doesn't take into account the breeze etc, so i take it with a pinch of salt). What i found out was foxtailing can occur due to excessive heat. I've taken a picture of some buds below, maybe someone with a bit (ie a lot) more experience than me could tell me yes or no on this, but it looks like the beginnings of foxtailing in places. I mean, i'm not too worried as the plants are in the home straight now, it would just be good to know for next summer so i can plan my growing times to miss the middle of summer.

Here's the pics :
CC1 31-07.jpg

CC1 in all her glory!
CC1 Main 31-07.jpg

CC1 Main Cola.
CC1 Bud 31-07.jpg

CC1 Bud.
CC1 Lower 31-07.jpg

CC1 Lower branches, weighed down by bud! Yum!
CC1 Bud 28-07n.jpg
CC1 Mid 28-07n.jpg

In an effort to see the trichomes better i tried some night time pics, didn't help but they look kinda nice!
CC2 31-07.jpg

CC2
CC2 Main 31-07.jpg

CC2 Main cola, the leaves on this one are still angled upwards, whereas the CC1 leaves are looking much more 'relaxed'. Dunno if this means anything but they were the same last Friday.
CC2 Bud 31-07.jpg

CC2 Bud. Looking lovely and sparkly, easy to see how this strain got it's name!
CC2 Lower 31-07.jpg

CC2 Lower branch.
LH 31-07.jpg

Here's the old lady Liberty Haze. The topping i gave her last week seems to have done the job, shes stopped growing up and is now growing out more. For scale, the roller blind to her right is over a doorway.

That's it for today, thanks to everyone who looks in, appreciate it. More on friday if i'm not chopping CC1 down, take care guys.:note:

Attachments

• CC1 Foxtail 31-07.jpg
    CC1 Foxtail 31-07.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 162
Cheers bro! :d5:

Thanks man :thumbsup:

Good afternoon fellow AFNers :pass:

Today is day 60 for Crystal Candy 1 and day 52 for Crystal Candy 2. I've decided to stop nutes on CC1 and just give ph'd water as it seems to be in the final stages before chop now and it might flush it somewhat. I'm going to make a decision on Friday whether to chop it or not, depends how its looking. CC2 is carrying on with nutes for now, might make Friday her last day of that though and then just water as she is only a week behind CC1. I've done a little bit of defoliation to both plants, nothing major, just tidying up the very yellow/scraggy leaves lower down.

There's not really much else to report, they are both just packing on the weight at the moment. One thing i did notice though : I've been reading about heat stress to plants, mainly due it being so bloody hot here at the moment, temperatures in my grow area can be in the region of 40-46C (that is on a non-digital thermometer and doesn't take into account the breeze etc, so i take it with a pinch of salt). What i found out was foxtailing can occur due to excessive heat. I've taken a picture of some buds below, maybe someone with a bit (ie a lot) more experience than me could tell me yes or no on this, but it looks like the beginnings of foxtailing in places. I mean, i'm not too worried as the plants are in the home straight now, it would just be good to know for next summer so i can plan my growing times to miss the middle of summer.

Here's the pics :
View attachment 936559
CC1 in all her glory!
View attachment 936561
CC1 Main Cola.
View attachment 936560
CC1 Bud.
View attachment 936562
CC1 Lower branches, weighed down by bud! Yum!
View attachment 936564 View attachment 936565
In an effort to see the trichomes better i tried some night time pics, didn't help but they look kinda nice!
View attachment 936566
CC2
View attachment 936568
CC2 Main cola, the leaves on this one are still angled upwards, whereas the CC1 leaves are looking much more 'relaxed'. Dunno if this means anything but they were the same last Friday.
View attachment 936567
CC2 Bud. Looking lovely and sparkly, easy to see how this strain got it's name!
View attachment 936569
CC2 Lower branch.
View attachment 936570
Here's the old lady Liberty Haze. The topping i gave her last week seems to have done the job, shes stopped growing up and is now growing out more. For scale, the roller blind to her right is over a doorway.

That's it for today, thanks to everyone who looks in, appreciate it. More on friday if i'm not chopping CC1 down, take care guys.:note:
way too many white pistils there bro, couple of weeks yet if you ask me anyways.......:bow:

:yeahthat: looking good bro tasty looking stuff could see the best of her yet in a week or two like @Vapo69 said
Patience is DEFINITELY a virtue in weed growing dude haha...:crying:...aaahhh I remember how keen I was the first time:crying:...couldn't keep my snips off her...but honestly bruv....2 weeks yet....need loads more brown pistils:bighug::pass:

Mini-update 3-8-2018

Day 63 for CC1 and day 55 for CC2. No pics today as nothing has changed really, i'll take some final pics before the chop though.

I've been to the local grow shop this morning and bought a 60x mini-microscope, and happy to report that almost all (90%+) trichomes are milky, with very few clear and only the ones near the bottom of the plant at that. :woohoo1:
So i think it's a good time to harvest now but i'm gonna leave it till after the weekend for a few more days of maturing and also a few more days of cleanse. Perhaps a few more ambers will appear between now and then too, i did see some on the top buds but very few.

The guy at the grow shop talked me into buying some Green Poison photo seeds, he said in Spain its the perfect time to plant photos rather than autos so gonna drop one of those into a plug over the weekend and see what happens. Don't want to do too many as i still have that monstrous Liberty Haze and i'll end up with too much weed (is there such a thing?:biggrin:)

Had a bit of a fright last night when i went out to do the watering, CC1 was COVERED in small black bugs, about 2-3mm long. They were all over the leaves (on top and under), running up and down the stem etc. Couldn't get a picture cos they kept running away from me! They looked a bit like the little bugs that the cats get covered in except those are red, these were black and had a white spot each side of their body. It was weird because not a single one was on CC2 and it's right next to the other plant. Flicked them off or crushed them and they haven't returned, luckily. Had me worried though, so close to harvest!

The guy at the grow shop talked me into buying some Green Poison photo seeds,

Green Poison is prime...i have both the regular and the fast version growing right now!! Grew a regular green poison out last season and love it. I even have two green poison joints rolled on the table to boost my tincture effect throughout the day today!!

Mini-update 3-8-2018

Day 63 for CC1 and day 55 for CC2. No pics today as nothing has changed really, i'll take some final pics before the chop though.

I've been to the local grow shop this morning and bought a 60x mini-microscope, and happy to report that almost all (90%+) trichomes are milky, with very few clear and only the ones near the bottom of the plant at that. :woohoo1:
So i think it's a good time to harvest now but i'm gonna leave it till after the weekend for a few more days of maturing and also a few more days of cleanse. Perhaps a few more ambers will appear between now and then too, i did see some on the top buds but very few.

The guy at the grow shop talked me into buying some Green Poison photo seeds, he said in Spain its the perfect time to plant photos rather than autos so gonna drop one of those into a plug over the weekend and see what happens. Don't want to do too many as i still have that monstrous Liberty Haze and i'll end up with too much weed (is there such a thing?:biggrin:)

Had a bit of a fright last night when i went out to do the watering, CC1 was COVERED in small black bugs, about 2-3mm long. They were all over the leaves (on top and under), running up and down the stem etc. Couldn't get a picture cos they kept running away from me! They looked a bit like the little bugs that the cats get covered in except those are red, these were black and had a white spot each side of their body. It was weird because not a single one was on CC2 and it's right next to the other plant. Flicked them off or crushed them and they haven't returned, luckily. Had me worried though, so close to harvest!

Going by the pictures the other day buddy i'd give her a week so she's more mature , does she still have lots of white hairs and not much amber trichomes? Some tasty looking bud bro great job :d5::biggrin::woohoo1:

Back