Indoor First grow: Blue Mystic/Lemon OG Haze AF, T5s, Fox Farm OF, Apollo Tent, + L. Williamsi seedlings

Looking real nice dude :thumbsup:. How's the Lophophora doing?

Nothing much other than the few pics I posted up a few posts. They're incredibly slow to start and get to maturity. A true test of patience :D

Once they're about 6mo-1year old I'm going to get some pereskiopsis and graft a couple; that'll be the only way they'll achieve size quickly. Though even growing them as-is indoors they're still lightyears ahead versus them being out in their natural habitat in the wild [they're verrrrrry slow to grow then].

Once I do a couple loph/peres graphs and get that down I might end up hacking one of my trichocereus bridgesiis and make a nice columnar tricho/lopho graph. :D Then after all that I'm going to make a nice, simple guide for lophophora germination/growing & grafting.

You mentioned that before, that would be really great if you did :pop:. And what do you reckon, with the grafting, how much will yours take to mature?

It should take around 1 year after I graft them for them to be full size, and it'll probably have 5-6 buttons in that years-span, if I let it go even another year, feed it some high-P/low-N fert early on - skies the limit for these little monsters , and maybe it could pack on 3-4 more buttons. Even after having lopped off some of the buttons it should grow-over nicely, produce new pups, etc. :goauto:

And by then I probably would have enough buttons to harvest. [I'm a big proponent of mescaline as a chemical and the mescaline-experience]. :cools::greencheck: Not to mention the many other alkaloids aside from mescaline, like anhalonine, lophophorine, pellotine, and anhalonidine, all worthy in my eyes of investigation jajaja. :D

Peyote buttons were found in a burial cave in west central coahuila, mexico; dates of a.d. 810 to 1070. The use of this as a sacrament date so incredibly far back in time, there's a deep rich history with this plant and its alkaloids. Big reason I decided to grow them. :D

Did some article on different sacred plants and cacti some while ago and I'm a recreational psychedelics and entheogen user/explorer, so I get where you're coming from :smoking::digit:. So, if everything done right, 2 years for some consumable, dry buttons :eyebrows::jump:?

Did some article on different sacred plants and cacti some while ago and I'm a recreational psychedelics and entheogen user/explorer, so I get where you're coming from :smoking::digit:. So, if everything done right, 2 years for some consumable, dry buttons :eyebrows::jump:?

Yup 2 years max from graft and should be enough buttons for a pretty solid experience [yeah 1 experience lol]. A long time span and low yield is name of the game with trichos and lophos it seems, though the experience they deliver when done right is life changing and beautiful, so it's worth it to me, especially if you're growing many so you can always set some aside for continual harvest. :D

Cheers brother

Nice to hear that man, always thought that they take a minimum 4-5 years :cooldance:. And it surely is worthwhile.

Thanks for the info and here's a repslap for today's update/discussion :slap::thumbsup:.

Yeah in the wild exactly right - minimum 4-5, then to get to a maturity for enough button heads - 10-20yrs, though climate, geography, all that good stuff varies I think in determining wild-times. I remember seeing GC-MS results on different var. lophs from different areas of the world and those alkaloids+mescaline contents seem to vary, which is very interesting.

Sorry to keep ranting lol, it's just a big part of my life [psychs] and I enjoy talking about them :D

Thanks man!

Tried to catch it under some different lighting, they get moar fatter day after day.

Such a beautiful plant, sometimes it's hard to believe I actually grew this from seed. Also hard to believe it's from this planet and not somewhere else.... or maybe it is? :smoker1::drunks:

photo1.jpg
photo4.jpg
photo3.jpg

Back