New Grower First grow and new to the network...

:passit: howdy DG! A fine heap of Goods there- :d5: :drool: ..... I hear you on the "shrinkage" :doh: :rofl: - this happens sometimes, not sure why? The MoB I grew last season, outside, looked and felt nice and solid for density, but she dried very open.. buds are still heavy and stiff in texture with resins though,... Some of the tent girls showed this too, and they got actual Sun bathing as well,... Other buds stayed more compressed... I think part of it is how they are trimmed and dried.. I am super gentle with them, fully trim wet, and go on the mesh racks hanger when done, with only a couple gentle turns during dry, even if they spend some finish time in paper bags... My buds in general are less "rounded and shaped" because of this, but the trich's on out surfaces are mostly intact,... other mates are less soft-handed, and their buds get more handling compression, tumbled about, and it affects shape and density to a degree,.... just a personal preference! :smoking: How sticky the resin is, and how much also plays in,... I have heard from some growers that water content at harvest is also a factor, when still well moistened at harvest, they are water-plump (no jokes about water weight please - :rofl:), giving them the appearance of greater density than is really there,.. About 75% weight loss is typical, and I figure about 1/2 actual volume size shrinkage,... small wonder the budlets may pull apart some during drying! .... about paper bags, heavy wall or thin, they can be a great way to dry, usually depending on your RH% and T to a lesser degree,.. an old friend here lived in Vegas, always bone dry RH%, and he HAD to use paper bags to trap some RH% inside and slow the process down long enough for the death-thoe's chemistry (breakdown of chlorophyll, starches sugar etc.) to take place while some moisture was still in there,.. dry too fast and this process doesn't complete, and you get harsher, "greener" raspy buds in taste and smoothness,... I like it to finish because it helps equalize inside/outside moisture level before they go into jars, not quite ready yet but need that equalizing out without direct exposure to air.... This makes my burping process far shorter, less PITA!
I'm glad the chart helps luv! It's nice tool, huh,... I wish I could go to terpene school and learn the olfactory ropes, it would be amazing to tune my nose that way, see how individual terp's smell, then combo's, and what those combos produce.... a lot of what's smelled isn't just one, but a blend producing something different from what the individual terps themselves have; also, olfactory perception can be somewhat variable, and when trying to pick out nuances, we can perceive them differently,... not all noses are equal in both sensitivity or resolution (picking out component aromas)..... an example, my good buddy Sniper here had a sample of purple MoB I grew, and I asked him if he smelt pineapple-ish notes behind the berry, and he said nope, licorice! :confused1: I couldn't detect that, ditto for him- :shrug:... we can also talk ourselves into smelling something more than we do sometimes,...power of suggestion there? I ask friends to smell test all the time, to see if I'm tripping or not! I get more orange aroma out of the Orange Diesel than others do, some can't really call it that at all, something citrusy, but not distinctly orange....
GG4 sounds tasty already DG, it's always fun to see what cure brings,... some of my girls hold their perfumes pretty truly over the months, others shift and drift.. of course, that's because some of the more volatile terp's fade out over time, changing things subtly,.. And breaking up bud mixes things so jar aroma can be a fair bit different from this as well... I was telling Rivvetgrrl about the Wild Thai Ryder I grew that had mild barf-like aroma mixed in, when in the jar- :eek1:,.. but not in the smoke or even broken up,.. still one of the most tasty auto's I've had, though others get a different blend of aromas, that pheno' thing as usual,... I hope I get it again though- :rofl:

It took a good week at 55% rh to get her snap dry, and then into jars she went. The good news — she came in at 142 grams plus trim I haven’t bothered to weigh — and she gets me super high. Pleased with how she smokes, and smells and tastes wonderful.

The bad news — I wouldn’t consider a single gram to be high grade bud. The lot of it, thin and wispy. Did I overtrim? Kind of at a loss as to what I did wrong. I mean, I did everything kind of wrong LOL. I hope I can figure out what happened because I’d like to be drooling over the Northern Lights harvest in another few weeks.

Anyway, here are some pics. You be the judge.
View attachment 1009613 View attachment 1009616 View attachment 1009625 View attachment 1009626 View attachment 1009627
:slap:Looks awesome good job. :frog:

@davisgirl What breeder and strain are these?

It took a good week at 55% rh to get her snap dry, and then into jars she went. The good news — she came in at 142 grams plus trim I haven’t bothered to weigh — and she gets me super high. Pleased with how she smokes, and smells and tastes wonderful.

The bad news — I wouldn’t consider a single gram to be high grade bud. The lot of it, thin and wispy. Did I overtrim? Kind of at a loss as to what I did wrong. I mean, I did everything kind of wrong LOL. I hope I can figure out what happened because I’d like to be drooling over the Northern Lights harvest in another few weeks.

Anyway, here are some pics. You be the judge.
View attachment 1009613 View attachment 1009616 View attachment 1009625 View attachment 1009626 View attachment 1009627

:passit: howdy DG! A fine heap of Goods there- :d5: :drool: ..... I hear you on the "shrinkage" :doh: :rofl: - this happens sometimes, not sure why? The MoB I grew last season, outside, looked and felt nice and solid for density, but she dried very open.. buds are still heavy and stiff in texture with resins though,... Some of the tent girls showed this too, and they got actual Sun bathing as well,... Other buds stayed more compressed... I think part of it is how they are trimmed and dried.. I am super gentle with them, fully trim wet, and go on the mesh racks hanger when done, with only a couple gentle turns during dry, even if they spend some finish time in paper bags... My buds in general are less "rounded and shaped" because of this, but the trich's on out surfaces are mostly intact,... other mates are less soft-handed, and their buds get more handling compression, tumbled about, and it affects shape and density to a degree,.... just a personal preference! :smoking: How sticky the resin is, and how much also plays in,... I have heard from some growers that water content at harvest is also a factor, when still well moistened at harvest, they are water-plump (no jokes about water weight please - :rofl:), giving them the appearance of greater density than is really there,.. About 75% weight loss is typical, and I figure about 1/2 actual volume size shrinkage,... small wonder the budlets may pull apart some during drying! .... about paper bags, heavy wall or thin, they can be a great way to dry, usually depending on your RH% and T to a lesser degree,.. an old friend here lived in Vegas, always bone dry RH%, and he HAD to use paper bags to trap some RH% inside and slow the process down long enough for the death-thoe's chemistry (breakdown of chlorophyll, starches sugar etc.) to take place while some moisture was still in there,.. dry too fast and this process doesn't complete, and you get harsher, "greener" raspy buds in taste and smoothness,... I like it to finish because it helps equalize inside/outside moisture level before they go into jars, not quite ready yet but need that equalizing out without direct exposure to air.... This makes my burping process far shorter, less PITA!
I'm glad the chart helps luv! It's nice tool, huh,... I wish I could go to terpene school and learn the olfactory ropes, it would be amazing to tune my nose that way, see how individual terp's smell, then combo's, and what those combos produce.... a lot of what's smelled isn't just one, but a blend producing something different from what the individual terps themselves have; also, olfactory perception can be somewhat variable, and when trying to pick out nuances, we can perceive them differently,... not all noses are equal in both sensitivity or resolution (picking out component aromas)..... an example, my good buddy Sniper here had a sample of purple MoB I grew, and I asked him if he smelt pineapple-ish notes behind the berry, and he said nope, licorice! :confused1: I couldn't detect that, ditto for him- :shrug:... we can also talk ourselves into smelling something more than we do sometimes,...power of suggestion there? I ask friends to smell test all the time, to see if I'm tripping or not! I get more orange aroma out of the Orange Diesel than others do, some can't really call it that at all, something citrusy, but not distinctly orange....
GG4 sounds tasty already DG, it's always fun to see what cure brings,... some of my girls hold their perfumes pretty truly over the months, others shift and drift.. of course, that's because some of the more volatile terp's fade out over time, changing things subtly,.. And breaking up bud mixes things so jar aroma can be a fair bit different from this as well... I was telling Rivvetgrrl about the Wild Thai Ryder I grew that had mild barf-like aroma mixed in, when in the jar- :eek1:,.. but not in the smoke or even broken up,.. still one of the most tasty auto's I've had, though others get a different blend of aromas, that pheno' thing as usual,... I hope I get it again though- :rofl:

Yes I probably did fauk up the dry. I aimed for 55 but she sat for hours at a different number more than once. And I admit to manhandling her hmmmm. So not some horrific PK fuckup then. There’s hope for the NLs!

Honestly can’t complain about how she smokes, the high itself, or the taste and aroma. I scored there. Grow and learn!

@Waira I highly recommend you try a couple of AgroMax 10,000K plus UVA lamps to finish one of your grows. I used them on the last 4 weeks of my past grow and the terpene profile exploded compared to all of my other past indoor grows. You have to try it to believe it. Now cured and in the jars the aromas are unbelievable. I wish we had smellavision so I could share.

Hi MOG this is the harvest for my Growers Choice GG4 auto, she went 132 days or something.
I just look at the strains lineage and it is supposed to be 30% sativa and 70% indica but based on the length of the grow and appearance of the buds I would say you got a pheno heavier on the sativa side of things This is a huge DNA hybrid:

ScreenHunter_171 Feb. 02 13.21.jpg
ScreenHunter_171 Feb. 02 13.22.jpg
ScreenHunter_172 Feb. 02 13.22.jpg

It took 3 screen shots to fit it all:rofl:

Back