New Grower First grow and new to the network...

Sounds so tasty bro! I am a true believer on the UV. I ran that UV light I had on that Fruit Punch for the last ten days and she was noticeably frontier and her aroma doubled nearly as well. I have a plan now how I will use both UV and IR supplements to each grow to maximize spectrum and find the right balance for my environment. I am adding a light which has UVA and UVB, the ph I will use the other blurple to supplement either even more UV or IR. With my budget, and using what I have now, I believe that will be my best combo and will improve flavor profiles through terpene and added oil production. The science is solid on it. I think I have don every my homework. Looking forward to the next grow. I am going to try an organic soil grow as well, so I am really doing all i can to improve flavor. My first soil grow will be relatively simple, with some super soil and few additives and teas added along the way. I have not grown this way in over twenty years, but I am looking forward to getting away from the chemicals. Composting and building my own soil will be my project for outdoors this next summer.

Lots to do to get ready now! Thanks for the huge tip man!
I have done organic and it was the best aroma/flavored plant. I have found that adding kelp to my hydro grows along with this UVA lamp now is just as good. I would really need to have them side by side to see if there remains a difference?

Tell me a little more about the kelp. Can you top feed kelp in coco and create a better medium environment for organisms to thrive? That could be an interesting test. I could do that. Give me more info please...
I have done organic and it was the best aroma/flavored plant. I have found that adding kelp to my hydro grows along with this UVA lamp now is just as good. I would really need to have them side by side to see if there remains a difference?

I have a container here of RAW Kelp and not even sure how to use it in soil!

Gg at 30 days, the NLs on day 1:
2CDB6553-548C-4E52-B0DA-29D56045185A.jpeg

90 days later:
2DB49C54-C811-4436-A87B-4A2B60B6A902.jpeg

Thanks AFN :bighug:

@davisgirl Do you have little hygrometers, Boveda 62% packs and a lot of mason jars? It looks like you will be needing them.
I have 9 liter sized jars, a 10 pack of 62% and a 10 pack of 58 Bovedas. And a single mini-hygrometer LOL - might need to order more of those. Maybe some mason jars too.

I can’t even describe the smell, but I bet you have a good idea.

I have gone to the 1/2 Gallon size jars. I use the 62% Bovedas because I press most of my crop into rosin and that is the best moisture level for the process. I have a bunch of these little cheap hygrometers. I put them all in a jar overnight With a 62% Boveda. Then as quick as I can I sort them by their reading. Then I took a paint marker orange for subtract and green for add and marked the ones that did not read 62%. So if one read 60% I put two green dots on it. if it read 65% I put 3 orange dots. It gets me close enough to control the humidity in the jars. This is the kind I have:
ScreenHunter_155 Jan. 15 18.34.jpg

That is so beautiful ! :greenthumb:Amazing work! Now that these are coming to a close what are you going to grow next?
Thanks CD. I am so excited for my next grow! I can’t even imagine harvesting something in under 90 days! I’ve so enjoyed the process, the daily caring for them, that I’ll be running both tents. The 4x4 is going to have 5 gal buckets, one of each: DP Colorado cookies, Mephisto Ripley’s OG, Fastbuds GSC, and Dinafem Sour Diesel. An introduction to some top breeders for me. The 3x3 is going to have the 4 pot Autopots setup, running Stone Dragon autoreg s which should be a learning experience, as I’ll be identifying and culling the males. I tend to reach until I bite off more than I can chew, so hopefully this’ll do it.

I’ve been casting a few sidelong glances at your 5x5 — I’m not good with temptation — but I’ve decided to invest in a RO filter instead. There is nothing better I can do for my plants at this point.

I have gone to the 1/2 Gallon size jars. I use the 62% Bovedas because I press most of my crop into rosin and that is the best moisture level for the process. I have a bunch of these little cheap hygrometers. I put them all in a jar overnight With a 62% Boveda. Then as quick as I can I sort them by their reading. Then I took a paint marker orange for subtract and green for add and marked the ones that did not read 62%. So if one read 60% I put two green dots on it. if it read 65% I put 3 orange dots. It gets me close enough to control the humidity in the jars. This is the kind I have:
View attachment 1001116
Sounds like a great system. I’ll definitely be ordering more of those things. My plan for the jars is to see how many GG fills and go from there.

Back