New Grower First grow and new to the network...

Lol. For me, the “won’t be long now” timeframe is usually around 2 weeks or so...it’s about all the patience I can muster when my plants are so close to harvest:biggrin:

Hi Dichoti -

I wasn’t aware hydroponic nutes needed to be reduced. The MC bag says 6mg / gallon in flower. I figured I would go with full strength for 2 reasons ... the ladies were doing quite nicely on full strength GH nutes and they are all big lusty girls. But cutting the MC in half at bloom makes sense, especially with all the bloom nutes going in.

I used warm water like they say on my first attempt at changing the reservoir. Then I lost track of where I was at and had to dump them all and start over. The second go around I was tired and just threw em in, stirring profusely as I went. But in the end the reservoir was crystal clear, although a bit amber. Now it’s just murky. I’ll be sure to do the warm/hot water thing next time and hope it makes the difference. I’ll be switching everything out again Wednesday.

I have the diamond nectar but stopped using it. I’ll need to rethink that and possibly add it back in.

It’s a fine line between being a gullible sucker and wanting the best for your plants. I wish Greenleaf put out a schedule for some sort of framework when using most of their products. Going off the individual labels I was running ppm’s as high as 2200. Base water is 320ppm but still ... my plan on the next bucket change is putting everything half strength, the reservoir at a quarter of that, and see what happens from there.

Thanks for lending your expertise!
I understand the gullible part. Seems like everyone sells snake oil with a perfect NPK ratio.
I bought my Megacrop because of the results I saw on here. Same with my autocobs. Fulvex and Diamond Nectar were bought because of their humates, and they were cheaper (AND LESS SUSPICIOUS) than ordering pure humic and fulvic acids online.

I'm no expert. I just speak from experience lol.

Lol. For me, the “won’t be long now” timeframe is usually around 2 weeks or so...it’s about all the patience I can muster when my plants are so close to harvest:biggrin:
Oh well that presents a bit of a wrinkle. Fuck.

First new grower EVER who wanted to delay harvest LOLOL!

You won’t hurt them by letting them go an extra week or so, if needed. Better to let them go a little late than taking them early. Usually is the opposite outdoors.

The GG will easily go 8-9 weeks in flowering, DG. Based on that, I would say have three to four weeks remaining. Yes, it was a bit too early to smoke, as want to wait until you have some cloudy trichs to taste.

You probably will still have mostly clear trichs in two weeks, with some cloudy. I would guess mostly cloudy in three weeks, and all cloudy and some amber in four weeks. That is when I would chop her.

Do you have some way to see the trichs magnified? That is really the only way to tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ok here is my 2 cents. I am a firm believer in only using 1 brand of nutrients at a time (except Mammoth P and HydroGuard) I am running the GreenLeaf line right now and so far the results are excellent. The plants have remained pristine throughout the entire grow. I mix each the salts in separate cups using hot tap water. Add the CalMag Pro to the reservoir first wait 10 minutes then add the rest. After harvest dry weight and smoke test will be the final test. Bast on observation and smell so far this is a winner. I used the line at about 80% of the chart strength. The PPM show are just the MC the others also raise the PPMs. Here is what I added to 10 gallons of water:

ScreenHunter_147 Dec. 22 11.35.jpg

Thanks Iriee, I am stoked!

So uh, Wes, what does “won’t be long now” mean? I will be traveling in another week or so. She has to go at least 17 days more. What do you think about that?

Hi QB. My plan right now is to pretty much feed until 48 hours before chop. But I need to play it by ear. The bud I sampled last night was obviously immature, harsh, and black ashed. This could be the fact it was wet. This makes me think I might need to reconsider my stance. I’ll be steadily removing larf here and there and experimenting with drying. If the harshness and black ash remain, I’ll need to think about a proper flush. Otherwise I plan on throwing plain ph’d water and some GH florakleen into the buckets for the last 48 hours.
I'm not totally sure about DWC but I would aim to flush longer than 48 hrs.

I know there are some that say it doesnt matter and that it's a myth but i really don't believe you can achieve a truly great flavour or smooth smoke without it. I have few jars of unflushed buds which I barely touch as I'm hacking my lungs up after a hit.

The longer the better IMO. You wanna taste buds, not nutes!

Ok here is my 2 cents. I am a firm believer in only using 1 brand of nutrients at a time (except Mammoth P and HydroGuard) I am running the GreenLeaf line right now and so far the results are excellent. The plants have remained pristine throughout the entire grow. I mix each the salts in separate cups using hot tap water. Add the CalMag Pro to the reservoir first wait 10 minutes then add the rest. After harvest dry weight and smoke test will be the final test. Bast on observation and smell so far this is a winner. I used the line at about 80% of the chart strength. The PPM show are just the MC the others also raise the PPMs. Here is what I added to 10 gallons of water:

View attachment 990450
HUGE help! Thank you, again!

The GG will easily go 8-9 weeks in flowering, DG. Based on that, I would say have three to four weeks remaining. Yes, it was a bit too early to smoke, as want to wait until you have some cloudy trichs to taste.

You probably will still have mostly clear trichs in two weeks, with some cloudy. I would guess mostly cloudy in three weeks, and all cloudy and some amber in four weeks. That is when I would chop her.

Do you have some way to see the trichs magnified? That is really the only way to tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Ok good, that’s what I was thinking. 9 weeks takes me to 1/17 harvest and I was planning along those lines, with a week or two either way. Still, she does seem to be coming along quicker than I thought she would in this last bit here. I do have a loupe and I’ve used it a few times, all clear. She’s got a few really good sized buds already, but I know from lurking around more than a few threads, she has a LOT of weight to put on. And lots more frost too hopefully.

I know taking that little bud was naughty. I just needed to get high. I can’t wait to see how strong she gets, because my little sip hit the spot.

Oh I’m so excited for this stage!!! :smoking::d5::biggrin::pighug::headbang::bow::vibe::woohoo1::cooldance:

I'm not totally sure about DWC but I would aim to flush longer than 48 hrs.

I know there are some that say it doesnt matter and that it's a myth but i really don't believe you can achieve a truly great flavour or smooth smoke without it. I have few jars of unflushed buds which I barely touch as I'm hacking my lungs up after a hit.

The longer the better IMO. You wanna taste buds, not nutes!
I’m definitely all about tasting bud and not nutrients. I’m on the fence about the whole flushing argument though, both sides have compelling points with experienced growers. I am leaning toward the non flushing side, but I’ve been wrong about plenty of things so far. This next 45 days will be enlightening enough — I’m going to be a busy girl. 2 weeks after GG is harvested, NL1 will come down, and 2 weeks after that NL2 will probably be ready. So I have plenty of opportunity to get this flushing/harvesting/drying/curing routine down to a science and figure out what works for the ladies and my lungs.

Back