New Grower First grow and new to the network...

The breeders tell you that if they are taking awhile to finish to change light scedual and other methods that you would use for photo sensitive plants. If I get one that starts getting a little idle at late flower I lower nighttime temperatures and go to 14/10 light scedual. And it works like a charm. There's a lot of different phenotypes for each strain some faster finishing than others. But remember these autos are breed with photos so sometimes they inherit more of the photo genes than the autoflowers genes. Sometimes they just need a bit of influence to hurry up and fonish.

The breeders tell you that if they are taking awhile to finish to change light scedual and other methods that you would use for photo sensitive plants. If I get one that starts getting a little idle at late flower I lower nighttime temperatures and go to 14/10 light scedual. And it works like a charm. There's a lot of different phenotypes for each strain some faster finishing than others. But remember these autos are breed with photos so sometimes they inherit more of the photo genes than the autoflowers genes. Sometimes they just need a bit of influence to hurry up and fonish.
Ah, I get it. It took them a while to start flowering, but it seems to be moving along now. My lights are at 20/4.

Beautiful buds on those plants. GG has got some serious density to her, gonna be fine colas!

Ah, I get it. It took them a while to start flowering, but it seems to be moving along now. My lights are at 20/4.
I go 18/6 now. I used to go 24/0 then 20/4 but the plants seemed to like the 18/6 better in my case. Sometimes they need rest from all that light. Everyone has their preference. But I almost always have to switch light cycles to get the cloudy amber trichs.

With autos honestly you can really mess about with the timing and see what works for you. One of the beautiful things is being able to increase the light schedule during flowering! I do 18/6 in the first stages of life, 20/4 in the veg/bloom phase and then 23/1 in full bloom.
A little weird i know but there really isn’t any reason why you can’t, the regions ruderalis grows in will often have very short and sporadic summers so while rest is beneficial, once a strong root system is developed there isn’t as much benefit in dark time.
Tilda seemed to respond very positively with lots of trich production shortly after bumping up to 23/1 though i can’t be sure it directly linked though it’s a vast difference from the 18/6 on Val at this age

All my trichs on Greta are also completely cloudy with very minor ambering coming in though ive actually seem that a lot of autos simply do not amber the way a photoperiodic strain will no matter what.

There’s a thread on here about once you have a healthy feeding routine and know what’s going on the best way to tell when to harvest is about watching old fan leaves to tell you apparently because of the fact that amber isn’t assured.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/when-to-harvest-autos-your-leaves-will-tell-you.4889/

Pretty interesting and think i’m going to use that method alongside the standard microscope checks, just thought i’d share since someone reminded me of it and you’re getting to time where you need to start thinking about it:bighug:

With autos honestly you can really mess about with the timing and see what works for you. One of the beautiful things is being able to increase the light schedule during flowering! I do 18/6 in the first stages of life, 20/4 in the veg/bloom phase and then 23/1 in full bloom.
A little weird i know but there really isn’t any reason why you can’t, the regions ruderalis grows in will often have very short and sporadic summers so while rest is beneficial, once a strong root system is developed there isn’t as much benefit in dark time.
Tilda seemed to respond very positively with lots of trich production shortly after bumping up to 23/1 though i can’t be sure it directly linked though it’s a vast difference from the 18/6 on Val at this age

All my trichs on Greta are also completely cloudy with very minor ambering coming in though ive actually seem that a lot of autos simply do not amber the way a photoperiodic strain will no matter what.

There’s a thread on here about once you have a healthy feeding routine and know what’s going on the best way to tell when to harvest is about watching old fan leaves to tell you apparently because of the fact that amber isn’t assured.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/when-to-harvest-autos-your-leaves-will-tell-you.4889/

Pretty interesting and think i’m going to use that method alongside the standard microscope checks, just thought i’d share since someone reminded me of it and you’re getting to time where you need to start thinking about it:bighug:
Thanks Medi! I’m really looking forward to this stage. That thread is really interesting. I definitely plan to watch the leaves along with the trichomes and see what clues they give me.

A HUGE thank you to @Mañ'O'Green for making this possible. I’ll just be sitting back here with my feet up :woohoo1:

Wow! I can't believe you did that, DG!! That is impressive, man! Looks like a pro did that. Shoot, you can go into the top off tank business! Nice job!

Superhero status now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wow! I can't believe you did that, DG!! That is impressive, man! Looks like a pro did that. Shoot, you can go into the top off tank business! Nice job!

Superhero status now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks IV. I can’t believe it’s actually up. I know some people could have banged one of these out in an afternoon, but it was a stretch for me with my abilities. Next thing you know I’ll be building myself a couple citizens 1825 2700k cobs.

Changed the buckets and switched the ladies over to Megacrop. Debated back and forth and in the end, the idea that my ladies might NEED it was the deciding factor. I’ll have to drop a post in the Megacrop thread because the PPMs were high once I mixed it all together, over 1700. I know my tap water is 320 but GH full strength was bringing me to about 1400. I’ll probably end up adding back plain water tomorrow.

I set up the 20 gallon reservoir with 8 gallons to start, 50% strength MC with no other additives and that ran about 700 ppm.

Back