New Grower First grow and new to the network...

A HUGE thank you to @Mañ'O'Green for making this possible. I’ll just be sitting back here with my feet up :woohoo1:

Great job on the top-off tank and the video. The student becomes the teacher. 320PPMs is too high for your starting water add a little RO or distilled water and see if you can get that down to under 200PPMs. I am running GreenLeaf Nutrients at 80% (1000 PPMs not counting start water) of the chart strengths which is good for my girls. My starting water ranges from 100 to 160 PPMs depending on the source. The municipal supply is both well and surface water and the source bounces back and forth due to demand where I live. I am running the whole GreenLeaf line except the growth hormones. I think running ~20% strength in the top off should keep the nutrients PPMs in the reservoirs fairly consistent between weekly refreshes.

For learning how to plumb a top-off system :slap:.

Great job on the top-off tank and the video. The student becomes the teacher. 320PPMs is too high for your starting water add a little RO or distilled water and see if you can get that down to under 200PPMs. I am running GreenLeaf Nutrients at 80% (1000 PPMs not counting start water) of the chart strengths which is good for my girls. My starting water ranges from 100 to 160 PPMs depending on the source. The municipal supply is both well and surface water and the source bounces back and forth due to demand where I live. I am running the whole GreenLeaf line except the growth hormones. I think running ~20% strength in the top off should keep the nutrients PPMs in the reservoirs fairly consistent between weekly refreshes.

For learning how to plumb a top-off system :slap:.
Thanks MOG! I couldn’t have done it without your help. :cheers::thanks:

I hope everyone is having a lovely evening. :biggrin: I just pulled an aspiring popcorn bud off mah GG and I put that in my pipe and I smoked it. :doh: Wet and all LOL. Now I’m stoned. Good times! :dancer:

Then I got to playing with the iPhone camera and took some pics of what’s left of her. Enjoy!

E0AD6E97-49CD-4966-93D5-D7B8AF9DC59E.jpeg
6813EA0C-0518-4B0B-922F-015133DFC36F.jpeg
06DC5B63-06A1-4F67-99BA-56920217B29E.jpeg
9D441180-60D8-490C-94FF-5782ABBA3A81.jpeg
A441E5BD-476F-4FB9-BA10-93041F35DCB7.jpeg
B6078949-FB8C-487F-A2C3-BA4F233E1723.jpeg
507B963F-3D2C-49AF-9CBF-4EE5C4D2684F.jpeg
B05AA446-5F81-4276-9D9D-C11BF0AC0A97.jpeg
1527BACA-67E7-4324-8E5D-D23B16B2FFAE.jpeg
18D34A16-D25B-44C8-8299-7C2582070C36.jpeg
E929A246-37F6-4C76-A9C7-242EA033037F.jpeg
552E1286-B750-4FB0-A021-A7CD4826E119.jpeg

So I’m 3 days out from switching nutrients, GH to megacrop. I need to do some serious work on MC dosages because I’m obviously putting too much nutrient in the bucket and reservoir, I’ll be backing way off from the amounts listed. It wouldn’t be an issue if I was just using MC alone, but I’m also using sweet candy, bud explosion, kelp extract, cal mag, and gravitron (GG only on the gravitron). A lot of people maintain MC is all you need and that may be true. But I’m a new grower. I like nutrients. I like to research them, buy them, and throw em at the plant, and the more the better.

I’ve been buying directly from the green leaf website. Then I happened to go on eBay and there are scads more greenleaf products there, that aren’t on their web site. And the prices are higher. What’s going on? Do I need these other products? I’ve heard someone mentioning Red Line and another MC product they use - also not on their website. Do I need these?

Anyway, 3 days in on the MC nutes. I was surprised to note that the NLs, previously thought to be done stretching, or at least significantly slowing down, both seemed to have sprung up another few inches in the past 3 days. I’m attributing this to the MC nutes, and I have to shift their cobs up again after not moving them for a solid week. GG has continued to bulk up and add frost, but not at such a rate that I would suspect MC had a pronounced effect. All the plants have tolerated the change really well, no discolorations or adverse symptoms. GG has some minor tip burn, but that’s not new and hasn’t progressed. Today she had a sugar leaf go all yellow, but she’s moving on in age and that’s to be expected. I could have damaged her what with all my pawing at her last night.

MC consistency in the reservoir sucks. It seems to have clotted up a bit. I’m worried about bits of it clogging my tiny 1/4 inch lines to the buckets although no issues as of yet. I might upgrade the main line to a 1/2” like someone suggested earlier. Or see if adding a submersible pump helps. It’s possible the problem resolves as my nutrient concentration goes from 50% MC to 25% MC.

I’m having another issue. My cheap vivosun 6” 402cfm fan and carbon filter combo has gotten louder. First, it’s oversized for the tent. I’ve had the controller set at 50% since the beginning, and even then it was loud. Over the past week or so something happened or shifted. It’s making a lot more noise now. I can’t even hear the air pump LOL.

So over the next week I’ll be looking to fine tune the MC, top off reservoir, and exhaust. Quite the learning curve on this little hobby. Love it!

So I’m 3 days out from switching nutrients, GH to megacrop. I need to do some serious work on MC dosages because I’m obviously putting too much nutrient in the bucket and reservoir, I’ll be backing way off from the amounts listed. It wouldn’t be an issue if I was just using MC alone, but I’m also using sweet candy, bud explosion, kelp extract, cal mag, and gravitron (GG only on the gravitron). A lot of people maintain MC is all you need and that may be true. But I’m a new grower. I like nutrients. I like to research them, buy them, and throw em at the plant, and the more the better.

I’ve been buying directly from the green leaf website. Then I happened to go on eBay and there are scads more greenleaf products there, that aren’t on their web site. And the prices are higher. What’s going on? Do I need these other products? I’ve heard someone mentioning Red Line and another MC product they use - also not on their website. Do I need these?

Anyway, 3 days in on the MC nutes. I was surprised to note that the NLs, previously thought to be done stretching, or at least significantly slowing down, both seemed to have sprung up another few inches in the past 3 days. I’m attributing this to the MC nutes, and I have to shift their cobs up again after not moving them for a solid week. GG has continued to bulk up and add frost, but not at such a rate that I would suspect MC had a pronounced effect. All the plants have tolerated the change really well, no discolorations or adverse symptoms. GG has some minor tip burn, but that’s not new and hasn’t progressed. Today she had a sugar leaf go all yellow, but she’s moving on in age and that’s to be expected. I could have damaged her what with all my pawing at her last night.

MC consistency in the reservoir sucks. It seems to have clotted up a bit. I’m worried about bits of it clogging my tiny 1/4 inch lines to the buckets although no issues as of yet. I might upgrade the main line to a 1/2” like someone suggested earlier. Or see if adding a submersible pump helps. It’s possible the problem resolves as my nutrient concentration goes from 50% MC to 25% MC.

I’m having another issue. My cheap vivosun 6” 402cfm fan and carbon filter combo has gotten louder. First, it’s oversized for the tent. I’ve had the controller set at 50% since the beginning, and even then it was loud. Over the past week or so something happened or shifted. It’s making a lot more noise now. I can’t even hear the air pump LOL.

So over the next week I’ll be looking to fine tune the MC, top off reservoir, and exhaust. Quite the learning curve on this little hobby. Love it!
Mix the MC with warm water to help it dissolve all the way.
I don't use any of Greenleaf's other products.
I use MC, with Fulvex and Diamond Nectar, until bloom, then I'll cut down the dosage of the MC by about 1/2, and use a PK booster (Beastie Bloom).
I think in hydro You're supposed to use a weaker dose, right?

Nice photos! I did enjoy! She is really filling out nicely, DG!

Thanks Iriee, I am stoked!

Wow! She really is looking fantastic! Won’t be long now...

So uh, Wes, what does “won’t be long now” mean? I will be traveling in another week or so. She has to go at least 17 days more. What do you think about that?

Looks great! Are you going to feed until chop?

Qb

Hi QB. My plan right now is to pretty much feed until 48 hours before chop. But I need to play it by ear. The bud I sampled last night was obviously immature, harsh, and black ashed. This could be the fact it was wet. This makes me think I might need to reconsider my stance. I’ll be steadily removing larf here and there and experimenting with drying. If the harshness and black ash remain, I’ll need to think about a proper flush. Otherwise I plan on throwing plain ph’d water and some GH florakleen into the buckets for the last 48 hours.

Mix the MC with warm water to help it dissolve all the way.
I don't use any of Greenleaf's other products.
I use MC, with Fulvex and Diamond Nectar, until bloom, then I'll cut down the dosage of the MC by about 1/2, and use a PK booster (Beastie Bloom).
I think in hydro You're supposed to use a weaker dose, right?
Hi Dichoti -

I wasn’t aware hydroponic nutes needed to be reduced. The MC bag says 6mg / gallon in flower. I figured I would go with full strength for 2 reasons ... the ladies were doing quite nicely on full strength GH nutes and they are all big lusty girls. But cutting the MC in half at bloom makes sense, especially with all the bloom nutes going in.

I used warm water like they say on my first attempt at changing the reservoir. Then I lost track of where I was at and had to dump them all and start over. The second go around I was tired and just threw em in, stirring profusely as I went. But in the end the reservoir was crystal clear, although a bit amber. Now it’s just murky. I’ll be sure to do the warm/hot water thing next time and hope it makes the difference. I’ll be switching everything out again Wednesday.

I have the diamond nectar but stopped using it. I’ll need to rethink that and possibly add it back in.

It’s a fine line between being a gullible sucker and wanting the best for your plants. I wish Greenleaf put out a schedule for some sort of framework when using most of their products. Going off the individual labels I was running ppm’s as high as 2200. Base water is 320ppm but still ... my plan on the next bucket change is putting everything half strength, the reservoir at a quarter of that, and see what happens from there.

Thanks for lending your expertise!

Back