New Grower First grow and new to the network...

Done correctly it dosent only yield more your buds are way more dence as well. Some phenotypes have very little leaf to bud ratio and in a strain like forum stomper from mephisto you need the few leaves you have to promote growth and make the sugars necessary to produce buds. The big fans are storage of nutrients for the plant as a way of protecting itself from unknowns growing in the outdoors and wild. Indoors you don't really need them bc your providing the plant the nutrients it needs. Like anything defoliating can be done right and wrong trust your gut and the best teacher is experience.

I actually defoliated the battle plants lesser compared to my first grow last round. I wanted to see the difference. My very personal observation is that I got bigger and denser buds last round when I defoliated more. Its my own opinion that nothing takes precedence over light on buds, in a controlled manner of course.

I really don't believe you will lose any significant yield. Some might argue that you get more! Reminds me of a quote from SavageGarden (a great grower on afn) where he says he is a bud farmer, not a leaf farmer! LOL and his comment on the leaves, "They'll grow buttloads more!".lol

I am also huge on exposing bud sites to light. I also love the quote!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It's a daily battle, but necessary, imo.

Humidity is relatively easier for closed space growers like yourself to control. Heck, with filters, your plants breathe better air than me!

I noticed you also do DWC which I envy so much cos I cannot do that. Can't use the most wet method of growing in probably one of the wettest climates. Or rather, I lack the guts to try when soil already poses that much problems.

So if you are in the school of thought of NOT defoliating, just keep air flow up and humidity down and you should be fine. If the other way round, just defol away!

Or do one but not the other and see which you like!
Hydro growings easy mate. Its just painting by numbers. Number goes up you add more water, number drops you add more nutes. All there is to it really.

:kiss:
Well I just went to have a quick look-see in the tent. And there she was, my GG, wanting it. Later, I tried to stop but she kept begging for more.

I was able to expose some bud sites, and I’m pretty sure I won’t peek in the tent tomorrow and think I should have done more.
77D6B693-7E4C-4FCA-BCA3-C36C143FB54F.jpeg
69FE335B-6B59-445A-97FC-63A20FBDC2A4.jpeg

Good job! The fans were blocking all of those shorter bud sites. They have time to develop now that they have that lovely light. I think you did it just in time, too!

Good job! The fans were blocking all of those shorter bud sites. They have time to develop now that they have that lovely light. I think you did it just in time, too!

I’m sure you knew I’d eventually see the light. I think it’ll make a big difference too. NL1 met a similar fate earlier in the evening and the clock is ticking for NL2. Hydro is crazy.

I’m hoping it’s the last time I’ll have to do it to GG. Good god, the TRIM!!! :help::doh::rofl:

Back