New Grower First grow and new to the network...

I have a cat that ate about 10 clippings that were sitting in a glass of water that I was going to make into clones about a month ago. Left the room to grab my scissors to trim them up before going into peat pucks. When I returned he had the last one in his mouth and swallowed it right in front of me. Not much you can do but chuckle sometimes
That was just fates way of telling you ... not this time, not this plant. LOL! :smoking:

images (5).jpg

I love my cobs....

Here's some info BigSmo at Cobshop.net gave in a converstaion last Summer:

As far as height goes numbers are very basic and should only be used as a starting point.
Every strain is different, nutrient schedule, even how well you grow the plants makes a big impact.

For seedlings 30-36” in veg 24-30” and in flower 16-24” is the safe zone.

If the plants are green and happy with leaves pointing upwards then you may consider lowering a bit more.

Yes the lights should remain 30-36 when you first plant them.
In the early stages they seem like they can handle more light so it’s hard to draw that line of too much.

As far as light schedule goes this is all personal experience or opinion.
I run my lights 24 hours a day till the plants are a few inches tall than switch 19 on and 5 hours off.
I keep it here till finish. I also set the 5 hours off between 12-5pm.
The warmest part of the day helps cooling and the warmer part in winter so they plants have less shock during lights off.

"When the seedling is first planted under the dirt I should have the cobs 30-36'' from the top of the pot?"

Yes.
Technically you don't need light until seedling breaks ground but I recommend using them anyway, in order to dial in temps, if need be.
There is no need to adjust lights until the plants show signs of need, for a tweak.
For instance, if your seedling starts growing tall and lanky, you may consider dropping lights or raising pots.
You will be better off with lights being too far away than too close.
Seedlings do not need much light, you can fire up (2) AutoCobs for now, which will help keep your heat down; I recall your spot to be quite warm.

"Please provide on / off times for the 3 growth phases."

This question is a growers decision. It has nothing to do with light source.

You want at least 18hrs on, 6hrs off, 18/6.

The most popular autoflower light schedules are 18/6, 20/4, 24/0.

Me personally, I prefer 18/6 in the warmer months, increasing on times gradually, daily half hour increments, for colder days to come, where I will finally settle on 24/0 for winter.

Light cycle for autos do not NEED to change throughout the grow, I do, merely to keep environment stable.
This is something you will get a feel for.

Hope that helps!
Hey leaves pointing up means your lights are to close not to far.

Hey leaves pointing up means your lights are to close not to far.

I think you may have misinterpreted that line: "If the plants are green and happy with leaves pointing upwards then you may consider lowering a bit more." I would read that as ok to lower the lights to get them closer.

Hi everyone, happy Thursday.

Feeling a bit dejected. I am ready for my medicine now, but my medicine is not ready for me. Per the Growers Choice website I have another 30 days to go. I feel like I’ve been patient for a long time and the waiting has gotten old. It is what it is. Not about to harvest early or anything, she’ll come down when she’s ready and not a day sooner.

The ladies look good. The tent smells heavenly. I’ll describe the odor as sweet. I don’t have the best sense of smell:
56EC1AD2-B7B4-445F-8FE8-27496C1DE08C.jpeg

GG:
57AD7C5B-7458-4A5A-BED1-74F895D7CC53.jpeg
I’m feeling like a fish out of water with her. Now that she’s really flowering I don’t know what to do with her. My stance right now is to just leave her alone and let her do her thing. I have no plans to defoliate any further unless advises otherwise. It’s a tucking game now. But if anyone has observations or recommendations for me, I appreciate them. She seems to have become stiffer as opposed to pliable as she was in veg.

Her buds are developing differently than I expected. I guess I expected them to develop upwards, instead they are filling out underneath.
946B85F8-DDFF-4DC4-B6FF-404D2A519626.jpeg

There are a few areas on the plant where the buds seem packed together. I’m a little worried about air flow. Please advise if I should separate or thin them out:
F1B8E607-D7CF-4183-9E31-B69184C20326.jpeg

Random bud:
FA0539D5-3667-482F-8AF8-A0492C546663.jpeg

NLs:
They have turned into monsters. I have been defoliating and tucking a little everyday. I’m thinking NL1 may be towards the end of her stretch. Her buds are developing nicely. I have to move her cob up a bit each day, I try to keep the minimum distance at 14”.
D7DDE37D-F70D-45F5-A894-ADFB2C44D750.jpeg

NL2 has established bud sites and started developing buds in earnest. She is stretching quite a bit but it seems to be even all over:
6D458EF1-5736-49C3-9867-5192CB758C1C.jpeg

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• C7316D88-8F4B-4B37-AD52-D0E12903493C.jpeg
    C7316D88-8F4B-4B37-AD52-D0E12903493C.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
One word, Beastly.

You just upgraded to a bigger tent and look at how they’ve grown! Oh man i don’t think you have any reason to feel dejected but i know the feeling of impatient waiting just as well haha

Yeah i learnt my lesson with Val about not defoliating unless absolutely necessary because of infection or maybe an odd fan leaf growing into a main cola getting things damp that just won’t tuck.

One word, Beastly.

You just upgraded to a bigger tent and look at how they’ve grown! Oh man i don’t think you have any reason to feel dejected but i know the feeling of impatient waiting just as well haha

Yeah i learnt my lesson with Val about not defoliating unless absolutely necessary because of infection or maybe an odd fan leaf growing into a main cola getting things damp that just won’t tuck.
Yes, the area I exposed seems a bit damp, also the leaves are discolored as if they haven’t been getting light.

Yes, the area I exposed seems a bit damp, also the leaves are discolored as if they haven’t been getting light.

For future reference normally i try to defoliate most fan leaves in the centre mass when quite young and try to leave most of dedicated food producing leaf mass on the outer area of the colas so as to avoid that problem.
But then that plant has bushed out so much if it’s damp in there i would defoliate because any damage to your yeilds will be infinitely worse is those buds are staying damp from what i’ve seen.
Or maybe increase try to increase some air exposure by placing small a fan under the canopy blowing upwards, that can help the damp from i’ve heard
How’s RH in then tent?

For future reference normally i try to defoliate most fan leaves in the centre mass when quite young and try to leave most of dedicated food producing leaf mass on the outer area of the colas so as to avoid that problem.
But then that plant has bushed out so much if it’s damp in there i would defoliate because any damage to your yeilds will be infinitely worse is those buds are staying damp from what i’ve seen.
Or maybe increase try to increase some air exposure by placing small a fan under the canopy blowing upwards, that can help the damp from i’ve heard
How’s RH in then tent?
RH is at 55 and I’ve got good fans blowing from above and below. I feel like I overly defoliate her a couple weeks ago. But now there are a few areas where bud mass has formed off several shoots and jammed together. I’m glad I posted today.

I can thin and/or anchor the buds apart with my twisties. Should I go ahead and do that?

Back