New Grower First grow and new to the network...

Thanks for weighing in @Mañ'O'Green . I did indeed defoliate recently, so that may be it.

I recently shut the heat off to the spare room to cool it down in there. I prefer a much cooler room to work in personally and it was running in the high 70’s. Was that a mistake? Because I can easily notch it back up so that I am sitting in the high 70s in the tent.

My ladies are due for a new reservoir in 2 days. I hesitate to dial back the calmag with the cobs. I use my hard tap water (320 ppm) and the maximum dose of calmag at 5mL/gal.

I guess my biggest concern is the burnt tips. I was thinking it might be the lights. I raised them up a bit. Whatever it is, it’ll either resolve itself tomorrow or be much worse LOL.

Have a great night!
Are you using the "Hard-water Flora Micro"? 320PPMs is high for starting water. You could mix in some distilled or RO water to bring that down to under 200PPMs and that may help

Are you using the "Hard-water Flora Micro"? 320PPMs is high for starting water. You could mix in some distilled or RO water to bring that down to under 200PPMs and that may help
Just regular flora micro. I’d love to dilute my tap water with RO or distilled, it’s just not practical to bring all that water in. Eventually I’ll get an RO filter, but until then I need to best work with what I have.

Just regular flora micro. I’d love to dilute my tap water with RO or distilled, it’s just not practical to bring all that water in. Eventually I’ll get an RO filter, but until then I need to best work with what I have.
The Flora Micro Hard Water is not too expensive. I have not used it but seems worth a shot.

You can get a good RO filter that does a 100 gallons per day for like $75 bro. It is totally worth doing it. The you won't have to worry anymore. It will make a huge difference in yield as well. I know because I had the same problem.

Just bite the bullet and get the RO filter...:thumbsup:

The Flora Micro Hard Water is not too expensive. I have not used it but seems worth a shot.

You can get a good RO filter that does a 100 gallons per day for like $75 bro. It is totally worth doing it. The you won't have to worry anymore. It will make a huge difference in yield as well. I know because I had the same problem.

Just bite the bullet and get the RO filter...:thumbsup:

The grow must go on! :haha:

It’s not so much the expense as deciding the where and how of it. I’ve already got a few projects I’m tackling right now. And the tent itself is only in a temporary location - my plan is to put it in the basement. So many loose ends! The RO filter will have to wait.

Things seem off in the tent. The ladies didn’t seem to drink as much as usual overnight, typically it’s been a gallon a day each give or take. And GG has a faint smattering of yellow tips, mostly on the highest leaves. The NLs are fine.

Today opening the tent it was 55% humidity, 73F and the water was 68F, pretty typical values. They’ve been on 18/6 for the past week (checked and double checked). They’ve been getting weekly water changes, and full strength nutes for a couple weeks now. I’ve been adding back anything from plain pH treated water with only calmag and hydroguard to full strength add back, depending on the ppm drop from the previous day. NL2 this week had more than a few days where her ppm were left at 1400 and came in at 1080 or 1150 the next day. Full reservoir changes have been at early bloom for the NLs to mid bloom on GG View attachment 984615

GG hasn’t gained much vertical height in the past week. She is 16” from the lights. NL1 is the tall girl, 12” from the lights and NL2 is my shorty. I didn’t measure her. I pulled the blurple out since I don’t have much room to move on that one, and adjusted the cobs on GG and NL1 to about 16” from the cobs.

pH and ppm today are GG 6.3/1320, NL1 5.9/1450, NL2 5.9/1410. I haven’t added anything back yet. They looked to be down by only a half gallon each. I’ll take care of it before lights out.

Here are some pics:

Little Gg and NL1:
View attachment 984621

GG:
View attachment 984617 View attachment 984618 View attachment 984619 View attachment 984620
looking good @davisgirl :greenthumb:Check out Somehiguy on youtube he is growing some FastBuds Gorilla Glue right now and he has some good info on leaf color or tip burn :peace: Check out my thread, I'm about to harvest and start a new grow this week :meds: I'll be updating later today

I had get me a fish tank pump and a 5 gallon bucket and it helped with my tap water and also bring down the pH in it..

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Crazy stuff. See, this is why I don’t notch the calmag down. Any time I do I get rewarded with this type of thing:
E91F893F-4C63-4879-9A98-9457971BC9B1.jpeg
B9A8EED9-1EB2-4B9B-85BB-A33CE18D2174.jpeg

No additional brown tips. Otherwise all is well in the tent. The ladies:
8F7FD3C4-0341-4B54-99F6-37EF4FF94D2D.jpeg

NL2, she really springs up a couple inches a day:
350B2F9F-B030-4310-9907-4E274005AE80.jpeg

NL1, also stretching, might be the biggest girl in the end:
172FB7BB-BCB1-4AD8-BAD2-C7C8BED5BEE4.jpeg

GG’s main cola. Still LOTS of time to go but it’s already as big and wide as my hand. Wish I’d managed to get some of those leaves out of the way:
1B4CF8CA-20D8-472D-A177-717AF95FD5E8.jpeg

My new puppy, he’s an 11 week old Bernese mountain dog named Tanner, 25 pounds already:
E81A97B1-B6B7-47C1-B96E-6EABE71C58AF.jpeg

Crazy stuff. See, this is why I don’t notch the calmag down. Any time I do I get rewarded with this type of thing:
View attachment 984998 View attachment 985000

No additional brown tips. Otherwise all is well in the tent. The ladies:View attachment 985001

NL2, she really springs up a couple inches a day:View attachment 985003

NL1, also stretching, might be the biggest girl in the end: View attachment 985002

GG’s main cola. Still LOTS of time to go but it’s already as big and wide as my hand. Wish I’d managed to get some of those leaves out of the way:View attachment 984999

My new puppy, he’s an 11 week old Bernese mountain dog named Tanner, 25 pounds already:View attachment 985004
good lord that's a cute puppy.

Back