New Grower First grow and new to the network...

Of course that was generalizing, but there is a lot of truth to it as well. I think most growers are in at least their thirties, with very few being below age 25. The habits and resources aren't there yet for most at that age, that's all I was saying.
Again, I fully agree. I have just always been curious about this. I began in my mid thirties and I already feel old. But I see many if not most Great growers around here mention their grandkids. Good insight bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course that was generalizing, but there is a lot of truth to it as well. I think most growers are in at least their thirties, with very few being below age 25. The habits and resources aren't there yet for most at that age, that's all I was saying.

That makes me laugh I am 67 but I started growing when I was 14 :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wouldn't surprise this newb that you are this vastly experienced! Reading your posts and looking at your grows, now it all makes sense! Much respect, dear Sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did not grow the whole time as I was totally clean (no drugs) for ~30 years as a career choice including working in pyrotechnics and transporting explosives as a hobby. During part of that time frame I had an organic truck farm raising vegetables and cutting flowers. I have almost always had a personal vegetable garden except for a couple of college years and was stuck in an apartment a couple of years after going broke. All in all I have at least 40 years of growing experience. I was doing organic before it was a thing. It made me really sick with the slightest exposure to pesticides while working summer labor on commercial farms. It was that toxic exposure that lead me down the organic path of farming. I have grown cannabis indoors now for almost 4 years and really it is intense to have to be totally in control of the environment. Outdoors you have to roll with the punches. Sometimes you fail due to circumstances out of your control. Indoors no excuses. It is still farming and we are farmers.

Things seem off in the tent. The ladies didn’t seem to drink as much as usual overnight, typically it’s been a gallon a day each give or take. And GG has a faint smattering of yellow tips, mostly on the highest leaves. The NLs are fine.

Today opening the tent it was 55% humidity, 73F and the water was 68F, pretty typical values. They’ve been on 18/6 for the past week (checked and double checked). They’ve been getting weekly water changes, and full strength nutes for a couple weeks now. I’ve been adding back anything from plain pH treated water with only calmag and hydroguard to full strength add back, depending on the ppm drop from the previous day. NL2 this week had more than a few days where her ppm were left at 1400 and came in at 1080 or 1150 the next day. Full reservoir changes have been at early bloom for the NLs to mid bloom on GG
E0810C6E-B9E7-40B5-9F2E-0C9E81CC3DCA.png

GG hasn’t gained much vertical height in the past week. She is 16” from the lights. NL1 is the tall girl, 12” from the lights and NL2 is my shorty. I didn’t measure her. I pulled the blurple out since I don’t have much room to move on that one, and adjusted the cobs on GG and NL1 to about 16” from the cobs.

pH and ppm today are GG 6.3/1320, NL1 5.9/1450, NL2 5.9/1410. I haven’t added anything back yet. They looked to be down by only a half gallon each. I’ll take care of it before lights out.

Here are some pics:

Little Gg and NL1:
B8368F77-F563-4168-B98C-5C68EA49A62F.jpeg

GG:
975A69E5-3199-47A8-83E1-8AE999BC2EA0.jpeg
24666D5F-5310-4C09-B846-2CCDC8E660B4.jpeg
064FDB45-E293-4185-910B-23219B868115.jpeg
8F7D07FA-5FDD-4242-A487-DBFB703C666E.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey DG. Could it be nitrogen deficiency in GG? I read somewhere that it causes the stems to become red, and slows growth. Are you seeing yellowing on lower leaves? They say that is a symptom, also. If so, you may need to readjust your grow % in the feed, and perhaps decrease micro to manage total ppm strength. Apart from that, things look great in your tent, my friend!

I wouldn’t worry too much, plants look good and your nute levels are on par with the chart. All other values seem within norms. There is a short slowdown between the stretch phase and “boom” full flower, could be as simple as that. Forget the scissors, you’re gonna need a machete at harvest
:bighug:
Purple petioles is a very common trait on a lot of MJ strains also. My skunk x nl girls all have em and so do the kush I’m growing now.

Last edited:
Hey DG. Could it be nitrogen deficiency in GG? I read somewhere that it causes the stems to become red, and slows growth. Are you seeing yellowing on lower leaves? They say that is a symptom, also. If so, you may need to readjust your grow % in the feed, and perhaps decrease micro to manage total ppm strength. Apart from that, things look great in your tent, my friend!
It could be to much calmag I see so so many over use it and if you use to much it can keep the plants from getting some of the nutritents that they need I cut mine in half when they start to flower .

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Thanks @Iriee Vibez and @wes. I was kind of thinking I was in a bit of a slowdown.

GG has been off full strength grow since she stopped stretching. But she is a nice green with no yellowing anywhere. She is my red stemmed girl, always been that way. @Iriee Vibez was your GG4 red stemmed?

Tonight I’ll plan on adding back plain water with calmag and hydroguard. Today’s ppms are really at the top end for my girls.

Reactions: wes
It could be to much calmag I see so so many over use it and if you use to much it can keep the plants from getting some of the nutritents that they need I cut mine in half when they start to flower .

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Hi Mikey -

I’ve been feeding her top strength calmag on top of hard tap water for a while now. She had a calmag deficiency early on that she recovered from. But she grew so big and with the LED/cobs and every once in a while I notice the faint beginnings of it returning. I’d certainly be willing to notch her down to low dose calmag and see if anything develops or improves. Thanks for the input!

Back