New Grower First grow and new to the network...

I think one of the greatest things that growing gives us is discipline and good habits. You have to learn to nurture something. Care for it everyday, and to panic if things don't look right, just ask for help, and the universe will send you people along your path to do just that.
Lots stoners at a young age don't always have great habits and are lazy, so growing is rarely a young mans game, and young people who can grow are usually wise beyond their years for exactly these reasons.

Thanks for the encouragement @MedCzech ! I know I’m in the right place, and I have some great people who can help. I’m lucky and grateful for that fact! I’m just going to try to calm my fears and take things one day at a time, and all will be well.

Thanks for the encouragement @MedCzech ! I know I’m in the right place, and I have some great people who can help. I’m lucky and grateful for that fact! I’m just going to try to calm my fears and take things one day at a time, and all will be well.
Patience is one of the hardest parts. And then proper drying and curing is not easy. Are you set up for that?

Patience is one of the hardest parts. And then proper drying and curing is not easy. Are you set up for that?
Mostly. I’ve got a rough idea of how I’ll run things. I’ll need to reread the harvest thread again when I get closer to finalize my plans.

I run hydro and I’m not sold on a final flush. I’m thinking a couple days with plain pH’d water and florakleen will do the job. For the trim I’ve got some nice cutters and plenty of time. I’m thinking the wet trim method will work the best for me. Then I have a spare tent and I’m thinking of hanging them to dry in there. I picked this up to hang them but I might need clips on a few hangers if I have a real bang up harvest:
A06DF1ED-B11B-4270-901F-DC3E7D00A7DD.jpeg
I have a spare fan to keep the air moving and I’ll probably throw the humidifer in there as well as my environment runs about 30% without it.

For curing I have 9 liter size infinity jars (I’d love to fill them all!) lots of boveda and those mini hygrometers.

Thanks everyone! @MedCzech I would love to eventually learn how to make hash or rosin. At this point I feel almost overwhelmed with all the info I’ve learned so far, and all the lessons still to be learned in late flower, harvest, and cure.

As luck would have it, I’ll be unexpectedly traveling for almost a week before this harvest is ready. This leaves my ladies with no one to add back the gallon or so they drink every day. I’ll be putting together a top off system and this will be a real challenge of my abilities. My supplies arrive tomorrow! Gulp!
I can walk you through it just tag me when ready.

I know I just did a little update yesterday but today was interesting. NL1 grew about 3” overnight. Her top is about 14” away from the LED:
C24E317B-4D6E-4CB2-B431-6B0AA48F9E47.jpeg

Best of all, today I noticed a very light coating of frost on GG. This is new:
EED6394A-510F-4CBF-B970-EFC77691195E.png
9322FC0D-371B-43C4-A9D1-0D3072DCA523.jpeg

I’ve been feeding them full strength nutes for a while now. All the ppms go down pretty steady, but NL2 seems to be a very hungry girl. For the past week I have really needed to spike her daily top off to keep her at the same levels as the others. I’d be interested to know if that translates into anything meaningful. She’s also the last one to flower.

Have a great night everyone.

I think one of the greatest things that growing gives us is discipline and good habits. You have to learn to nurture something. Care for it everyday, and to panic if things don't look right, just ask for help, and the universe will send you people along your path to do just that.
Lots stoners at a young age don't always have great habits and are lazy, so growing is rarely a young mans game, and young people who can grow are usually wise beyond their years for exactly these reasons.
Great post! Absolutely agree with ya!

Just curious, how old do you think is considered young or old for growers of our kind? I'd like to know if I'm wise beyond my years or other way round? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I just did a little update yesterday but today was interesting. NL1 grew about 3” overnight. Her top is about 14” away from the LED:
View attachment 983272

Best of all, today I noticed a very light coating of frost on GG. This is new:
View attachment 983274 View attachment 983273
I’ve been feeding them full strength nutes for a while now. All the ppms go down pretty steady, but NL2 seems to be a very hungry girl. For the past week I have really needed to spike her daily top off to keep her at the same levels as the others. I’d be interested to know if that translates into anything meaningful. She’s also the last one to flower.

Have a great night everyone.

Looking fantastic as usual. Thought I’d tell you, I just finished cleaning out the Autopots for next grow. I found that the air domes were completely matted with roots, particularly where much of the air comes through, on the cross st the bottom. The bottom of the domes were completely closed by the mass of roots. I’m thinking the roots like these a lot.

Great post! Absolutely agree with ya!

Just curious, how old do you think is considered young or old for growers of our kind? I'd like to know if I'm wise beyond my years or other way round? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course that was generalizing, but there is a lot of truth to it as well. I think most growers are in at least their thirties, with very few being below age 25. The habits and resources aren't there yet for most at that age, that's all I was saying.

Back