New Grower First grow and new to the network...

@Medimadness pretty sure I’ll have to do something with that LED. Where did you get the clips?

The cobs can still go up another 18 inches or so - I love that about them. If worst comes to worst I can always just remove the LED for now.
I would try to use the clip idea instead of removing that LED. I honestly believe the autocobs in combination with the LEDs has made a noticeable difference in my light spectrum and results overall. My wife agrees. I had just the autocobs on for pics, and when I turned the LED back on she actually commented in the difference. I will definitely be using the combo going forward.

@davisgirl Thanks for the heads up on that ph meter, Sorry you hand to spend $100 to find out. That sounds like too much of a hassle for my needs. I think I will stick with the cheapo kits. Since only a range of ph is required and not accuracy to a tenth of a point, they will be fine for my needs. I will just stick to the ones I test the pool water with. I KNOW at some point I would carelessly allow that expensive meter to dry out lol.
Exactly! You have to save money where you can, and I really think this is a place where you can save money and have more left over for seeds and cobs and such.

My ladies are crazy out of control again. They are way worse than before the supercropping. It seems as if they loved it and had a growth spurt. That’s it, I’m done. I’m going to let them grow however they want and just keep throwing water at them.
95BC7BF8-E753-4084-95F7-019764138004.jpeg

This is GGs big cola. See how the hairs go down the stem? They are all kind of like this. Am I supposed to cut the leaves off so the light gets to there? Or just leave them alone?
C4D11DD1-FA77-43D1-9FA3-C6AB16038C3B.jpeg

My ladies are crazy out of control again. They are way worse than before the supercropping. It seems as if they loved it and had a growth spurt. That’s it, I’m done. I’m going to let them grow however they want and just keep throwing water at them. View attachment 980399

This is GGs big cola. See how the hairs go down the stem? They are all kind of like this. Am I supposed to cut the leaves off so the light gets to there? Or just leave them alone?
View attachment 980400
Leave them alone. Those are important leaf there. Building some fine buds!

I don’t know if “worse” is the term I would have used lol. More like “amazing”, or “spectacular “. Seriously, those are some fine looking plants and a serious example for me to switch to DWC or RDWC. Keep it up:thumbsup:

Thanks @wes , your plants aren’t exactly slackers though LOL! And GG - well, she vegged for 60 days. But I am happy with the DWC for the most part, except for that one week where I wouldn’t post pictures :crying:

@Equatorial , I am honored you stopped by my journal. Thanks for your praise. Honestly, I have sent this picture to a distant friend to show how big and beautiful autoflowers can get ...

D64F80A9-806A-4F1F-AB92-595CD4C6539C.jpeg

The most beautiful plant I’ve ever seen ...

Last edited:
@davisgirl Thanks for the heads up on that ph meter, Sorry you hand to spend $100 to find out. That sounds like too much of a hassle for my needs. I think I will stick with the cheapo kits. Since only a range of ph is required and not accuracy to a tenth of a point, they will be fine for my needs. I will just stick to the ones I test the pool water with. I KNOW at some point I would carelessly allow that expensive meter to dry out lol.

I ordered 2 ph meters. Dropped one in the water & couldn’t seem to calibrate the other correctly. I decided to buy a test kit with the drops because I used that when I grew photos and it worked great. When I went to the hydro garden store, the young man at the counter tried to steer me away from the chemical kit and to an electronic meter. He looked at me like I was crazy when I said I had one but wasn’t having good luck calibrating it so decided I’ll just do it the old school way. Hey, it works and it’s easy!

I ordered 2 ph meters. Dropped one in the water & couldn’t seem to calibrate the other correctly. I decided to buy a test kit with the drops because I used that when I grew photos and it worked great. When I went to the hydro garden store, the young man at the counter tried to steer me away from the chemical kit and to an electronic meter. He looked at me like I was crazy when I said I had one but wasn’t having good luck calibrating it so decided I’ll just do it the old school way. Hey, it works and it’s easy!
And if things don’t work with the Bluelab - and there’s no guarantee - that’s my plan. Old school. It’s a certain range you want to get to, not an exact number.

Back