New Grower First grow and new to the network...

I prepare my water 4 gallons at a time, in a 5 gallon bucket. A quarter nutrient strength with full strength calmag. It’s not that heavy.

I was assuming it was evaporation as well, but a couple of things have steered me away from that. First, I need to run the humidifer constantly. It is very dry in the house (like 25%) with the heat always on. Second, GG was drinking a gallon a day starting a couple weeks ago, while the NLs hardly seemed to drink anything. Now GG takes even more and the NLs are up to about a gallon. I think it has to do with the size of the plant.

Fascinating, is it not?
I just remembered and found this article I read awhile ago: https://www.motherjones.com/food/2014/04/your-pot-habit-sucks-salmon/

It says that outdoors, it’s estimated that one marijuana plant uses 6 gallons per day!

It is not evaporation! Your plants are actually transpiring that much water. That is why hydro plants are so much faster and bigger than soil plants. Along with the water more nutrients are transported to the leaves to make energy.
I really didn’t think so! It’s incredible how much water they go through. They look great, I’m really pleased with them.

Glad to hear the risks may pay off, that’s what we all want to see :vibes:

Also it is truly crazy the amount of water these plants can drink, but it does seem to be a little all over the place atm. I don’t do gallons as i grew up in europe but i know on averyage my small autos do an of a litre a day and it just gets ever more.

it is fascinating

Last edited:
I thought I’d do a midweek update on the girls after Monday’s butchery. They look great. There’s not much I can do about GGs main cola, but I went back and reviewed my lighting guidelines and I still have a good 6” to play with. GG is at 74 days today, and the NLs are at day 44.
B40F2F3E-D941-484A-9BC6-B1CCC858A8B4.jpeg
5B4F2483-DDC3-4515-B9D8-F060CE792571.jpeg

Last night when I checked on them I sat for 5 minutes and just looked at GG and marveled at all that buddery goodness she’s got going on. I’ve always had a black thumb LOL. Seeing as how she’s still alive is pretty good. For how lush she looks, I think we did really well. Now if I can keep her alive til harvest ...

I thought I’d do a midweek update on the girls after Monday’s butchery. They look great. There’s not much I can do about GGs main cola, but I went back and reviewed my lighting guidelines and I still have a good 6” to play with. GG is at 74 days today, and the NLs are at day 44.
View attachment 980084 View attachment 980085

Last night when I checked on them I sat for 5 minutes and just looked at GG and marveled at all that buddery goodness she’s got going on. I’ve always had a black thumb LOL. Seeing as how she’s still alive is pretty good. For how lush she looks, I think we did really well. Now if I can keep her alive til harvest ...
Looking amazing!!! Well done!!!

Thanks Eyewood!

Don’t do that @NiceOption ! The cobs have only been in there for probably 15 days. I grew them on a Vivosun 600w led. This one here Amazon product

The cobs are nice and all, don’t get me wrong, but the plants don’t NEED them.

View attachment 980084 View attachment 980085

I would totally hang out in that room with those beautiful plants. Nice job. I hang out in my grow room all the time.

I would say it’s recovered! Lol! Looks so great in there, DG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Back