New Grower First grow and new to the network...

Well, this morning I made my usual visit to the tent, you know, just a quick look see to check ph/ppm/environment. Everyone drank a gallon of water overnight. And it was a forest and completely out of control, especially GG.

I set out to do some supercropping and defoliation. 2 hours later, this happened. I may have gone overboard. We’ll see.

GG at 71 days:
View attachment 978752

NL1 at 41 days:
View attachment 978756

NL2 at 41 days:
View attachment 978754

The tent when I left LOL:
View attachment 978757

I hadn’t expected to really do that much but I was unhappy with how out of control GG was, and wanted to prevent the NLs from doing the same.
I usually do stuff like that when over medicated :rofl::shrug: They will be fine.

Yeah sure they'll be fine, you did a good job though.

I gotta say I couldn't do that all at once to my girls haha the way I see it you have to treat it the ways dentist does teeth, pick 3 teeth and work on them then give time to recover then pick another set. Replace teeth with pick 3 heads max from one part of the plant and that's a pretty good guide to how much stress you want to be giving a plant at any one time, and the further you get into flower the more recovery you want between bends and chops.

After a supercrop the plant is rallying to create a knuckle to resume feeding to the upper cola to prevent starvation so you don't want to do too much at once as they may not be able to bounce back and you can end up with some colas being left thirsty for too long but I know how easy it is to get carried away when you're worried about heigh restraints.

Yeah sure they'll be fine, you did a good job though.

I gotta say I couldn't do that all at once to my girls haha the way I see it you have to treat it the ways dentist does teeth, pick 3 teeth and work on them then give time to recover then pick another set. Replace teeth with pick 3 heads max from one part of the plant and that's a pretty good guide to how much stress you want to be giving a plant at any one time, and the further you get into flower the more recovery you want between bends and chops.

After a supercrop the plant is rallying to create a knuckle to resume feeding to the upper cola to prevent starvation so you don't want to do too much at once as they may not be able to bounce back and you can end up with some colas being left thirsty for too long but I know how easy it is to get carried away when you're worried about heigh restraints.
I did get carried away. Hopefully no one hermies or otherwise. I checked on them last night and things were beginning to head back to the light, so I’ve got my fingers crossed.

I bet those plants have already started to bounce back. The GG was a very vigorous grower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Honestly, I never expected much from my first grow. At 30 days GG was so badly stunted - she had 8 leaves! I’m going to get some nice bud from her, no matter what I do from here on in, as long as she’s sitting in properly pH’d water and I throw some nutes at her. I don’t think I could kill her if I tried.

And the NLs still have a healthy growth window ahead of them, I think they’ll bounce back nicely. If not, then I’ve learned an important lesson.

The lights come on shortly. I’ll let them have a good 6 hours under the lights and check on them. See how much they drank. I’m adding back a gallon of water a day on the NLs and more on GG. I can’t believe they drink so much. Do plants in soil drink that much water? This is a fun hobby, I am learning so much.

My soil based plants @ 8 weeks old drink about a half gallon every 5 days. I’m sure in dwc there is a lot of evaporation In the constantly moving water, but wow a gal a day is a lot. I don’t know if I wanna haul that much water lol; may have to rethink hydro. Waiting for my free sample of mega crop nutrients, so if it works out as well as stated I may adapt some form of grow to that for a couple cycles as a test. I’m also loving the experimenting of indoor growing.

I agree. Your system uses a ton of water. You’ll get some relief when your Autopots arrive. Autopots really conserve water. I’ve used only RO water but haven’t had to buy it that often. Last I filled my reservoir with 10 gallons was about 2 weeks ago and I’ve had 4 plants drinking it most of the time.

I prepare my water 4 gallons at a time, in a 5 gallon bucket. A quarter nutrient strength with full strength calmag. It’s not that heavy.

I was assuming it was evaporation as well, but a couple of things have steered me away from that. First, I need to run the humidifer constantly. It is very dry in the house (like 25%) with the heat always on. Second, GG was drinking a gallon a day starting a couple weeks ago, while the NLs hardly seemed to drink anything. Now GG takes even more and the NLs are up to about a gallon. I think it has to do with the size of the plant.

Fascinating, is it not?

I agree. Your system uses a ton of water. You’ll get some relief when your Autopots arrive. Autopots really conserve water. I’ve used only RO water but haven’t had to buy it that often. Last I filled my reservoir with 10 gallons was about 2 weeks ago and I’ve had 4 plants drinking it most of the time.
I was using RO water for a time and then I said “fuck this!” It was crazy. I have to make it work with my tap water or it’s not going to work period, and I’m going to have some ugly looking plants LOL.

I prepare my water 4 gallons at a time, in a 5 gallon bucket. A quarter nutrient strength with full strength calmag. It’s not that heavy.

I was assuming it was evaporation as well, but a couple of things have steered me away from that. First, I need to run the humidifer constantly. It is very dry in the house (like 25%) with the heat always on. Second, GG was drinking a gallon a day starting a couple weeks ago, while the NLs hardly seemed to drink anything. Now GG takes even more and the NLs are up to about a gallon. I think it has to do with the size of the plant.

Fascinating, is it not?
It is not evaporation! Your plants are actually transpiring that much water. That is why hydro plants are so much faster and bigger than soil plants. Along with the water more nutrients are transported to the leaves to make energy.

Back