New Grower First grow and new to the network...

I thought I’d do a midweek update on the girls after Monday’s butchery. They look great. There’s not much I can do about GGs main cola, but I went back and reviewed my lighting guidelines and I still have a good 6” to play with. GG is at 74 days today, and the NLs are at day 44.
View attachment 980084 View attachment 980085

Last night when I checked on them I sat for 5 minutes and just looked at GG and marveled at all that buddery goodness she’s got going on. I’ve always had a black thumb LOL. Seeing as how she’s still alive is pretty good. For how lush she looks, I think we did really well. Now if I can keep her alive til harvest ...

You will need more than 6", fortunately with Leds you can fudge a bit. I will be harder to do that with BigSmos COBS. I have got as close as 14" to my COBs without burning the buds in late bloom.

You will need more than 6", fortunately with Leds you can fudge a bit. I will be harder to do that with BigSmos COBS. I have got as close as 14" to my COBs without burning the buds in late bloom.
I’m sitting at 24” below the lights right now, measuring from the tallest cola. The cobs can go up quite a bit, but that LED is at max height right now. I might have to take Medimadness’ suggestion and jerryrig something.

You can take the wires that hang the light and shorten them by running it through the eye and double back to clip it at the top:

wires.jpg

Your plants are looking amazing! I can’t wait to see GG when she’s finished. I bet she will be a beast! Probably make a quarter pound easy. I’ll be surprised if you don’t see at least a half lb. out of this grow...

Thank you @Mañ'O'Green I love that idea.

Thank you @wes I am pretty pleased with them! And the budding ... I expected it to come on top, but it’s also coming in all along the stem! I was not expecting that I guess. These are really beautiful plants.

I thought I’d do a midweek update on the girls after Monday’s butchery. They look great. There’s not much I can do about GGs main cola, but I went back and reviewed my lighting guidelines and I still have a good 6” to play with. GG is at 74 days today, and the NLs are at day 44.
View attachment 980084 View attachment 980085

Last night when I checked on them I sat for 5 minutes and just looked at GG and marveled at all that buddery goodness she’s got going on. I’ve always had a black thumb LOL. Seeing as how she’s still alive is pretty good. For how lush she looks, I think we did really well. Now if I can keep her alive til harvest ...

that is one impressive tent, ma'am!

subbing, watching and no doubt learning from now on, great journal :greenthumb::greenthumb::greenthumb:

NGL if you’re growing with restricted height and LEDs you’re going to watch to start rigging directly to ratchets or something to maximise space.

I just invested in some stronger thin hook clips to use instead of wire to add strength instead of hanging on the cheap one that come with the hanging wires!

Even looped you’re only gaining a couple inches, direct hanging to suspension will give you around 14” (depending on current wire length).
I’ve discovered it’s a must with my space along with £150 worth of other small bits :nono:

@Medimadness pretty sure I’ll have to do something with that LED. Where did you get the clips?

The cobs can still go up another 18 inches or so - I love that about them. If worst comes to worst I can always just remove the LED for now.

@davisgirl Thanks for the heads up on that ph meter, Sorry you hand to spend $100 to find out. That sounds like too much of a hassle for my needs. I think I will stick with the cheapo kits. Since only a range of ph is required and not accuracy to a tenth of a point, they will be fine for my needs. I will just stick to the ones I test the pool water with. I KNOW at some point I would carelessly allow that expensive meter to dry out lol.

Back