New Grower First grow and new to the network...

Hi midIN - I was at 20/4 before.
I've been taking notes for this topic for about a year, whenever i hear of one that doesn't flip on its own, curious is all, at week 5 end you flipped it then I take it? And it working from what I read. Just did a straight switch no extension to dark before the switch? I had one that wouldn't and did a 2 day dark at the same time and it worked and was able to go back to a 18/6 and didn't see or no of a difference between it and the other twos results that were in there with her. Just been trying to learn how to catch it sooner for a personal note.

I've been taking notes for this topic for about a year, whenever i hear of one that doesn't flip on its own, curious is all, at week 5 end you flipped it then I take it? And it working from what I read. Just did a straight switch no extension to dark before the switch? I had one that wouldn't and did a 2 day dark at the same time and it worked and was able to go back to a 18/6 and didn't see or no of a difference between it and the other twos results that were in there with her. Just been trying to learn how to catch it sooner for a personal note.

I had her on 20/4 until a few days ago when I switched to 18/6. Other than that I haven’t changed anything. I suspect the fuzzy whites might just be the first sign of preflowering. I thought what I saw at 3 weeks was the preflowers but I could easily be wrong about it. The next few days will tell for sure. If she doesn’t develop true buds I’m going to flip to 12/12. As soon as the new tent comes. Which I’ve been kicking and screaming not to do. I surrender. I want some bud for the New Year damnit!

She’s been on GH Flora series “late growth” week for weeks now, at half strength. She gets the bloom from there.
When my Growers Choice got the little white hairs I switched to bloom nutes and they all began flowering just fine. I leave the lights on 24 hours.

A more experienced grower told me that switching nutes to encourage autflowers is the way to go. He said the flowering time estimates on seed info can be met if you start bloom nutes after 2 weeks veg time but he prefers to let them veg longer for bigger plants, higher yields.

When my Growers Choice got the little white hairs I switched to bloom nutes and they all began flowering just fine. I leave the lights on 24 hours.

A more experienced grower told me that switching nutes to encourage autflowers is the way to go. He said the flowering time estimates on seed info can be met if you start bloom nutes after 2 weeks veg time but he prefers to let them veg longer for bigger plants, higher yields.

Thanks NewDream! She’s been getting the veg dose of bloom nutes all along but I supplemented last night when I brought her water level back up. She’s been drinking a gallon a day for the last few days. It’s unbelievable! I so hope that she is going to do this on her own. I really don’t want to switch the lights and I shouldn’t have to. Stupid Growers Choice! I went to leave a review on the strain last night and there are no links ... why am I not surprised. I’ll be watching her closely over the next few days to see what develops.

E6185FFB-1B56-4383-BA0C-DBF75C722462.png
Yayyyyy! Early Merry Christmas to me! First, I think I see more fuzzy whites on her today. Second, my new tent should come in this week, it’s a 4x4 with a white par+ interior that’s supposed to be better than Mylar. And last and best ... I’m getting cobs! I fired off a bunch of questions to cobshop.net last night and this morning I had all my answers. I just hope that my skill set lets me get the most out of my equipment.

The tent and cobs will improve ur game without u doing much. I love the white tents been looking at them myself. I have noticed cobs require more cal/mg then my leds did. But the results are off the charts. Girl your about to be in cola bud heaven before you know it. Happy Growing

Really like the tent , those doors rolling up is a great idea. Just noticed that, now ur gonna have me shopping and and I said no more toys til spring. Unless Mephisto does a drop. What all beans do u have that your going to be showing off?

Really like the tent , those doors rolling up is a great idea. Just noticed that, now ur gonna have me shopping and and I said no more toys til spring. Unless Mephisto does a drop. What all beans do u have that your going to be showing off?

Thanks for the tip on the calmag. I have more beans than I can grow. Expecting some dinafem and Dutch passion strains this week I’m excited about. Honestly can’t even remember what all I ordered LOL. Seedsman was running a huge Halloween sale and there were tons of free autoflower seeds. I’m can’t order any more seeds for at least a year. They’ll start getting too old LOL.

Genetics and the light schedule will determine when a plant flowers. Nutrients do not push or encourage plants to flower. You follow the plants lead on when to switch from veg to flower nutrients and a transition period of a blend is good IMPE. The idea is to have available to the roots what the plant needs for the phase it is in. Generally there is not a problem in having the bloom nutrients available too soon they simply are not utilized by the plant and thus are just wasted. The one caveat to that is if the Nitrogen gets too low (it is lower in most bloom formulas) it may stunt potential plant volume.

I am using GreenLeaf nutrients for the first time and their formula actually increases the N in bloom? You can watch how this goes in my current thread "Green Crack and Chems Sister" link is in my signature. A lot of growers here on AFN have been using GL and many of them have altered the bloom nutrients because it just seems wrong to increase N in bloom? I always like to run with the vendors schedule the first time. The truth will reveal itself in the finished product.

Back