New Grower First grow and new to the network...

Genetics and the light schedule will determine when a plant flowers. Nutrients do not push or encourage plants to flower. You follow the plants lead on when to switch from veg to flower nutrients and a transition period of a blend is good IMPE. The idea is to have available to the roots what the plant needs for the phase it is in. Generally there is not a problem in having the bloom nutrients available too soon they simply are not utilized by the plant and thus are just wasted. The one caveat to that is if the Nitrogen gets too low (it is lower in most bloom formulas) it may stunt potential plant volume.

I am using GreenLeaf nutrients for the first time and their formula actually increases the N in bloom? You can watch how this goes in my current thread "Green Crack and Chems Sister" link is in my signature. A lot of growers here on AFN have been using GL and many of them have altered the bloom nutrients because it just seems wrong to increase N in bloom? I always like to run with the vendors schedule the first time. The truth will reveal itself in the finished product.
Thanks Man! Can’t wait to check out your grow!

Congratulations on the new tent and autocobs! Bigsm0 is good people :headbang:

Genetics and the light schedule will determine when a plant flowers. Nutrients do not push or encourage plants to flower. You follow the plants lead on when to switch from veg to flower nutrients and a transition period of a blend is good IMPE. The idea is to have available to the roots what the plant needs for the phase it is in. Generally there is not a problem in having the bloom nutrients available too soon they simply are not utilized by the plant and thus are just wasted. The one caveat to that is if the Nitrogen gets too low (it is lower in most bloom formulas) it may stunt potential plant volume.

I am using GreenLeaf nutrients for the first time and their formula actually increases the N in bloom? You can watch how this goes in my current thread "Green Crack and Chems Sister" link is in my signature. A lot of growers here on AFN have been using GL and many of them have altered the bloom nutrients because it just seems wrong to increase N in bloom? I always like to run with the vendors schedule the first time. The truth will reveal itself in the finished product.

Congratulations on the new tent and autocobs! Bigsm0 is good people :headbang:
Thanks Dudeski! I’m thrilled. And thanks to @Pigskinfantasy for pointing me in that direction.

Last edited:
I think the best part is the ability to individually adjust them to the needed height. That's invaluable
Yes! It’s very cool how that all works. My lucky ladies are going to be so happy.

881C694A-D247-4943-A131-3DAB1F79555D.png

I’m on another forum and was given the info by someone who gets great results though I don’t know where he got the info. It’s confounding how much contrary information is found on these sites sometimes. I’m new so now don’t know for sure either way but all my plants started flowering after I switched nutes -
Though I already had the hair like Davisgirl. .

View attachment 969429
I’m on another forum and was given the info by someone who gets great results though I don’t know where he got the info. It’s confounding how much contrary information is found on these sites sometimes. I’m new so now don’t know for sure either way but all my plants started flowering after I switched nutes -
Though I already had the hair like Davisgirl. .
So in science when you have conflicting theories you do a side by side experiment to see which is valid. You can also search for the evidence in scholarly papers on the subject. Don't just accept hear say learn the truth.

View attachment 969268 Yayyyyy! Early Merry Christmas to me! First, I think I see more fuzzy whites on her today. Second, my new tent should come in this week, it’s a 4x4 with a white par+ interior that’s supposed to be better than Mylar. And last and best ... I’m getting cobs! I fired off a bunch of questions to cobshop.net last night and this morning I had all my answers. I just hope that my skill set lets me get the most out of my equipment.

Amazing news!! Very jealous!! :woohoo1:

Cant wait to see the new setup! You will be very busy

Back