Grow Mediums First DWC - Mephisto and Dutch Passion

That setup looks sweet, I would suggest getting some more air diffusion in your bucket, that is a little turbulent for new plants you definitely don't want to knock off a tap root cause that will stunt your plant severely. Keep up the good work though! We love new folks here especially new DWC folks lol

That setup looks sweet, I would suggest getting some more air diffusion in your bucket, that is a little turbulent for new plants you definitely don't want to knock off a tap root cause that will stunt your plant severely. Keep up the good work though! We love new folks here especially new DWC folks lol

Thanks brother!
I read many of your posts about airflow in bucket and went for a bigass air pump.

I already added 1 alternate exhaust from the airpump, so it's not really as bubbly as in the first bucket pic right now.

Which air diffuser would you suggest? The cylinder ones?

Last edited:
airstone.jpg
One like this

@derek420colorado
I have those running right now, the big ones.
They didn't even fit the bottom of my buckets with the tube fitting so I had to drill a hole and run it through the bucket and patch it up with silicone :D

So just less air then, which it is already.
New pics tomorrow I'll just show you lol

Nope NEVER less air lol, get another diffuser and another line and get the smaller 4" flat disc and put it on the side of your bucket. Or get a regular air stone or two and that should work perfect.

@derek420colorado Okay thanks I'll see what I can do. Then I would have to rebuild the entire current 4 way line, which is, 1 Y reducer from pump, 2 more Y to buckets.

So more bubbles from the side would reduce the turbulence how? I'm not questioning you, I just wanna learn. Perhaps it's basic dynamics and I'm stupid lol.

Yep if you don't have a pump with a 6 way splitter then you might want to get one, either a 6 way or 8 way. So the way the whole air thing works is that the more pathways you have for the air to escape from the smaller the less turbulent the water will be. I.E. if you have 50LPM going to one air stone you are going to be forcing the air out of the pores in the stone way faster than if you had the same amount of air going to 2 stones. And let me just make sure, in the picture above is the disc on the bottom of the bucket, or is it floating or coming up off the bottom? I have seen more than 50lpm pumped into 1 of those discs and it wasn't that turbulent.

@derek420colorado
Got it, I appreciate you taking time to explain.

Yep they are pretty much fixed in the bottom.
Actually, in that first pic I was running just 2 lines, so 120lpm to each. :D

Right now it's probably less than 50lpm to each.

OH SHIT that is a lot of air lol, yeah you would probably need an 8' flat diffuser and 3 regular air stones to diffuse 120lpm

Back