Outdoor First Balcony Attempt - Blue Dream Auto

teamfdn

Gone Skiing
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I just dropped 3 Blue Dream Autos from Humboldt Seeds into some Happy Frog/perlite. I'm going to start these girls inside and move them out to the balcony in about a month or so. I live in Colorado at about 9000' so it's still getting pretty cold at night. Anyway, I've never grown outside before. So far I've been using sea grow products, but I have a bottle of Grow Big that I might use for vegging indoor on this one. I plan on starting that at week 3 starting at 1/4 strength. Will I be doing anything different with feeding once they go outside? I would normally feed on every watering during flower, but I don't want to over water them if they are already getting rain. Any thoughts?

One of the great things about auto's is that they really don't go through a big veg stage outdoors - quite often by week 4 (variety depending) your plants will be wanting to flower and you may be considering a flowering fertilizer rather than a veg mass one (as I'm in UK I don't know if Grow Big is a veg or flower fertiliser but i'm assuming its a veg one from previous indoor grows).

Auto's Ive grown outdoors tend to be smaller than their indoor equivalents (yer lower yield) but ideal for people with either limited resources indoors - or shorter growing periods outdoors - which sounds like your first outdoor balcony grow.

I've always grown my autos under natural light just not enough space to create a decent indoor rig << well there is but the wife won't allow me - he ho.

As it's a balcony grow if you get a lot of rain then fertilize at full strength occasionally when they need watered. Or at lower strengths as per an indoor grow if you need to water frequently.

I have some in flower beds outdoors - they get an occasional FULL feed when the soil is dry, and some in a coldframe which eliminates a lot of rain which get a low trickle of feed << but in all cases with autos I've never really ran out of nutrients in decent sized pots pre-prepared with fertilizers.

Sorry for not updating this one yet folks. Things are going well so far. They get the balcony during the day and the Grow Northern 6 at night when the temps drop. It's amazing how much happier they seem in the sun. Two of the original seeds sprouted, the third did not. The smaller plant is Northern Lights X Big Bud and it is 5 days behind the others. My only concern is that the seeds labeled as Blue Dream Auto look completely indica to me. The seeds came or Original Sensible, and one of the strains was in the original breeders pack so I didn't think there would be any problems. Oh well. Hopefully they turn into something good.

First two pics are the "Blue Dream Auto" and the third is the NL x Big Bud.

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

Looking good - most of the Auto's have a proportion of Indica - the Indica has been used to lock in the Feminisation with the Auto Genetics of Ruderalis. Anyway on a balcony grow we don't want 6' bushes do we?

I live in CO and 3 plants is well within state law, so I personally wouldn't mind some monsters. Haha.

Next summer...

Sorry folks....

The larger of the two Blue Dream Autos is at day 21, the smaller one is at day 20.
The NL x Big Bud is on day 16.

Nice flowers mate! Keep on Goin, they look really nice

Back