New Grower First auto after 22 year break!

This is tough. I've feel that my hand is forced and that I have no choice but to thin out some spindly branches that look like it will be a struggle for them, it may be an error but there's a lot that have made it to the top and I'll at least learn something from this. This is not going as well as it seemed to be.
View attachment 968128
View attachment 968129
You are doing it right. It is looking good.

Exactly right on! I think these plants are much more resilient than they used to be. I will always strip the lower larfy stuff and fan leaves that are blocking budsites early on in flowering. Am a believer after my first auto grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Phew! Thanks guys, I was having a few nightmares. I found some crumpled up space blanket stuff in the cupboard. Looks like she's recovering well. This is not slowing down the growth but do you think it will slow down the flowering? Not really much happening flower wise since I spied the first pistil four days ago. Here she is a few hours later!

Day-39-big-chop-B.jpg

Looking great! What day is this again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nice looking plant glad to see you back after all the years yep the game has changed an the genetics have come along way as well.Always wondered about doin hydro but the organic soil keeps me pretty deep in constant research jus so much to learn so lil time .

Looking great! What day is this again?
Day 39! there's a few pistils here and there and it has that 'just about to flip' look but this should have flipped 10 days ago. Seedstockers say sometime you can get 'a lucky phenotype that take an extra week or two however it won't be very lucky if I can't have a smoke on xmas lol.

Nice looking plant glad to see you back after all the years yep the game has changed an the genetics have come along way as well.Always wondered about doin hydro but the organic soil keeps me pretty deep in constant research jus so much to learn so lil time .

Thanks man, I sometime think about soil when I see some of the results here, it would be easier, but then it's swings and roundabouts I do like being able to inspect the roots, I'm a bit of a root man myself. Always believed if you get the roots right everything else will take care of itself. I'm not really fond of the deep water culture though.

Last edited:
In an attempt to help her to flower, I've turned the blue down to 25% because the viparspectra is quite high in blue. I'd like to get something better in future and use the vipar as a veg light only. So I'm running 100% Red 100%White and 25% Blue. It's a pity the Vipar spectra is running both 3000K and 7500K Whites, Just the 3000K only would be better. I have also reversed the space blanket to show the gold side. And because the blue is down the draw at the wall will be about 250W instead of 320W which has enabled me to lower the light to 13" which hopefully will make up for the loss of PAR by turning down the blue.

day-40-gold.jpg

I'm getting a bit worried again. I've turned the blue down to 25% so with the white and red, I'm running a fairly warmish spectrum. However one week after that first pistil, there are pistils all over the plant BUT, they just look like pre pistils, it does not seem to be budding up. A bit of a stretch has occurred, it's gone from 10" to 13.5" the past week. Here are some close up shots of the heads. Does this look normal. It doesn't look normal to me from what I've seen. The fans suck the air away from the heads and blow it out the side so I can keep the lights pretty close, which are at 13" at the moment, with no sign of stress at all. But as you can see, not much budding is happening.

DSC_8447.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_8451.jpg
    DSC_8451.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_8452.jpg
    DSC_8452.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 22
It looks pretty good to me, don't see anything unusual, except for one thing, a very impatient grower :crying:

But looking back, dunno why this thought popped into my thinker, what kinda guarantee do you have on those spectrum dials, they might wear out before the diodes :haha:

Back