Lighting Finally decided on my cobs

I might even buy 4 of these they even come with a lens and are really cheap 15 pounds 19 dollars each

+++ó++ã¸-©¥Á-4-600x600.jpg

That sucks having to change things up. First check it with a fan and you might be ok to just add 2 smaller fans to the top of the heatsink now and not have to do much besides that.

@BigSm0 well i could not wait till tomorrow so i just rigged the light up in my front room with a 120mm fan in the center of the heatsink and it has done the job perfect,no more heat on the heatsink i can keep my hand on there forever :smoking:

Thanks again for all your help and info because i would not even be at this stage if it were not for your diy enthusiasm :slap:

@BigSm0 well i could not wait till tomorrow so i just rigged the light up in my front room with a 120mm fan in the center of the heatsink and it has done the job perfect,no more heat on the heatsink i can keep my hand on there forever :smoking:

Thanks again for all your help and info because i would not even be at this stage if it were not for your diy enthusiasm :slap:

Hey man that's great news. Very very happy it's working for you now.

Heatsinks both passive and active aren't as cut and dry as the rest of the info out there as far as building lights go. Especially for the folks like you who don't have access like the Muricans:biggrin: I can place an order now and have 20 heatsinks at my door in 48-72. Since this isn't the same everywhere things may need to be experimented with and tested a little more.
:slap: A rep slap right back at you for your work in getting a DIY built.

This is really really interesting! I am looking forward on doing my first DIY LED with Citizen COB's also. My question is just with the colour of the lights used. I hear it is common for people to just go with 3500K colour temperature but I also see there would be a variety of 3000K.

I see many HPS lights for flowering goes in the colour temperature of 2000K and I guess we all would really like to promote flowering. So my nooby noob question is would it be wiser to go with 3000K? How about you @2Stoned2Care what did you use?

This is really really interesting! I am looking forward on doing my first DIY LED with Citizen COB's also. My question is just with the colour of the lights used. I hear it is common for people to just go with 3500K colour temperature but I also see there would be a variety of 3000K.

I see many HPS lights for flowering goes in the colour temperature of 2000K and I guess we all would really like to promote flowering. So my nooby noob question is would it be wiser to go with 3000K? How about you @2Stoned2Care what did you use?

Cant believe i missed this.i went with 4000k bro it just looks the best spectrum to do a start to finish grow.just started a grow with it so we will see how the 4000k does

Cant believe i missed this.i went with 4000k bro it just looks the best spectrum to do a start to finish grow.just started a grow with it so we will see how the 4000k does

I agree. 4000k in 80cri seems to be the best all around. Mixing cobs is ok but the cobs themselves need to be high enough to blend as well.

Hey thanks for both of you for this info! You're the best! :thumbsup:

Back