Lighting Finally decided on my cobs

@BigSm0 So i have just ordered my driver mean well hlg-185h-c1400b,i got the b version because i would of had to wait till next year for the a version,but i have also ordered some potentiometers

so heres my list of parts have i forgot anything ?

5x CLU-48-1212(only using 4)
10x Holders
W146xL400xH22
Mean well HLG-185H-1400B
Potentiometers
Solderer,solder,flux
18 awg black,red wire
M3 screws,M3 tap/drill
Heatshrink
Thermal paste

Well i thought my cobs and holders were going to take 3 weeks to get here but just had a lovely package from the postman(4 days from estonia) whoo hoo :woohoo:
so here they are and this is how they will look on my heatsink.and thats an optical illusion from my phone camera,the sides look curved but they are totaly flat

20161108_092630.jpg

I do believe this style heatsink should have a fan mounted on top. The rest of the list looks great. You will be very happy when you first turn it on.

I do believe this style heatsink should have a fan mounted on top. The rest of the list looks great. You will be very happy when you first turn it on.

Was just going to try it passive with a fan blowing from above onto the heatsink and if thats not good enough i will stick a 140mm fan on the heatsink

Was just going to try it passive with a fan blowing from above onto the heatsink and if thats not good enough i will stick a 140mm fan on the heatsink
Perfect. To be honest I would have tried it that way too. My feeling is that it may need the smaller fan though.

Perfect. To be honest I would have tried it that way too. My feeling is that it may need the smaller fan though.

Thats no problem at all bro i have about 30 fans here.i build and fix computers for friends so have tons of spare fans

Well i thought my cobs and holders were going to take 3 weeks to get here but just had a lovely package from the postman(4 days from estonia) whoo hoo :woohoo:
so here they are and this is how they will look on my heatsink.and thats an optical illusion from my phone camera,the sides look curved but they are totaly flat

View attachment 656187
@2Stoned2Care were did you ordered from since you getting this from Estonia and what did you ordered ?
Need to find a cheap place here in EU

Back