Lighting Finally decided on my cobs

I'm still debating on how hard to run them. I may do 8 @500ma and mount them on flat alum and new an oscilating fan close. Or 700ma and use the pins. I have a lot of this 80/20 material I bought a few weeks ago for the super veg light build. Like this but a different configuration.

image.jpeg

Then I came across these Samsung hard strips which would be pretty awesome in a light. Start seedlings under the strips then flip cobs when they are bigger.image.jpeg

image.jpeg

super glue is not thermal rated. Arctic Silver adhesive works well though. Kapton tape willwork as a temporary fix, it should not be relied upon for long term
I never said super glue is thermal rated, I said either to use thermal glue or to use normal thermal paste and glue cobs with few drops of super glue

This is so awesome. Getting ready to get my hands dirty
Start a thread and I'd be happy to help you figure the parts you would need as well as help with the build if your interested

super glue is not thermal rated. Arctic Silver adhesive works well though. Kapton tape willwork as a temporary fix, it should not be relied upon for long term

Right @BigSm0 i have my W146xL400xH22 heatsink my 5 clu 48 1212s and cob holders are on the way i would like your opinion on the best driver for these cobs.these are the 2 configs i was thinking of so which driver for each setup would you recommend

Untitled.png

Last edited:
This is kinda funny in another thread I answered the same @big sm0 question

Being 36v nominal cobs

4 cobs -185h-c1400a

5 cobs - 240h-c1400a

A version has a built in potentiometer for dimming.

What's crazy is I can remember 1/2 of the drivers model numbers mean well stocks. Which is an absurd number btw, or specs on most citizen cobs sold but if I had a gun to my head I couldn't tell you when my wedding anniversary was :shrug:

Your space is a 4x4 correct?

This is kinda funny in another thread I answered the same @big sm0 question

Being 36v nominal cobs

4 cobs -185h-c1400a

5 cobs - 240h-c1400a

A version has a built in potentiometer for dimming.

What's crazy is I can remember 1/2 of the drivers model numbers mean well stocks. Which is an absurd number btw, or specs on most citizen cobs sold but if I had a gun to my head I couldn't tell you when my wedding anniversary was :shrug:

Your space is a 4x4 correct?

just a 2x3 tent so i think i will be better off with 4 cobs per heatsink.with the 1400a 185h what would the watts of light be ?

4 cobs would save you some money for sure. The total wattage of the cobs would be 200- giving you close to 120par watts and after driver losses around 110 par watts. Considering a mars 600 is around 35 par watts I'd say you would kill it come yield time and be drawing 68 less watts

4 cobs would save you some money for sure. The total wattage of the cobs would be 200- giving you close to 120par watts and after driver losses around 110 par watts. Considering a mars 600 is around 35 par watts I'd say you would kill it come yield time and be drawing 68 less watts

Thats sounds perfect @BigSm0 and as you say i can turn them down for veg anyway. i have my cobs and holders on the way,my heatsink is here.i will order that driver next week.getting excited now lol

by the way what size solid core wire do you use 22awg? and what size tap and screws do i need i think thats all i have left to get because i have everything else here solderer,heat shrink,connectors,rubbing alcohol,thermal paste

Back